It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unsolved: Disappearances

page: 1

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So I'm kind of suffering from mystery withdrawals. I've been binge investigating, so I've decided to make another thread and share some more stories, but this time I want to go in a little different direction.
•••

The Beaumont Children
On a bright summer day in 1961, three children vanished without a trace from a south Australian beach. Nearly 50 years later, their fate remains a mystery.

Disappearance of the Beaumont Children

According to eyewitnesses, the three children left the beach around 10:15 A.M. They were then seen at 11:00 A.M. by an elderly woman who spotted them playing under a sprinkler. But someone else was also present: a lean, blond man in a blue bathing suit. He was first lying belly down, watching the Beaumont children play. Fifteen minutes later, the mystery man was playing with them.
At around 11:45 A.M. the children were seen buying snacks at a cake shop using a £1 bill. This would be the first clue that something was amiss—the children hadn’t left the house with that much money. Someone must’ve given it to them.

The final sighting came from a local postman who knew the children well. He said he spotted the Beaumont children around 3:00 P.M., walking alone and away from the beach on Jetty Road. The children seemed happy on their stroll; they even stopped to say hello.

Not much mystery regarding the outcome and I think we would all arrive at the same conclusion for those poor children, but the scene leading up to it is quite chilling.
•••

Cynthia Anderson
This case is really bizarre. A young woman mysteriously vanishes from her office after being plagued by terrifying dreams of her being abducted and murdered.

Disappearance of Cynthia Anderson

One day, at noon, Jim Rabbitt and Jay Feldstein, two of the lawyers, arrived back at their office after a meeting. According to Jim Rabbitt:

"Jay and I came back from downtown, got to the door and the lights were on, the door was locked. We unlocked the door, went inside, yelled for Cindy and there was no answer. I started to look around out front.   Cindy, when she would leave, would place the phones on hold and that wasn't done either."

Jim Rabbitt said that Cindy had left her romance novel open to the only violent scene in the book, where the heroine is abducted at knifepoint:

"It wasn't until really looking at the book, particularly reading the passage in the novel, that I had a sickening feeling that something was wrong."

Cindy was never seen again. There was no body, no farewell letter, no hint where she had gone, or why she had disappeared. Were Cindy's dreams premonitions of a terrible fate?   Or, were they just a coincidence?

It seems she was having bit of a meltdown before vanishing. It appears she was quite religious as well, were her premonitions real or did she just scare herself crazy? Either way her disappearance is quite strange.
•••

Asha Degree
A very young girl wakes up in the middle of the night, decides to walk down the highway and into the woods... On a cold and rainy night... Alone... Never to be seen again.

Disappearance of Asha Degree

Shortly afterwards, O'Bryant recalls hearing Asha's bed squeak. He did not further rouse himself as he assumed she was merely changing positions in her sleep. Apparently around this time, Asha got out of bed, taking a bookbag she had previously packed with several sets of clothes and personal items, and left the house. Between 3:45 and 4:15 a.m., two drivers would later recall seeing her walk south along Highway 18, wearing a long-sleeved white T-shirt and white pants, just north of its junction with Highway 180.[4]

One witness reported seeing her at about 4 a.m., and said that he turned his car around because he thought it was "strange such a small child would be out by herself at that hour". He circled three times and saw Degree run into the woods by the roadside and disappear. It was a rainy night, and the witness said there was a "storm raging" when he saw her

As a grown man I don't even think I could run into the woods like she did. What was going through her mind? Where was she trying to go?

She was also reading a book about some children that went on adventures after running away from home. Strange indeed..
•••

Korrina and Annette
A mother and daughter both disappear a year apart at the same exact location. Eerie coincidence? The only clue was a note left behind at the location from the daughter;

"Dad, momma came back. Give the boys a hug"

Disappearance of Korrina and Annette

It was hard to believe that Korrina, a devoted mother, would leave her children, but the town barely had time to recover when nearly a year later, there was another disappearance.

On October 4, 1988, Annette Sagers was waiting at the bus stop just outside the entrance of Mount Holly Plantation—the same spot her mother disappeared from.

A bus driver drove past Annette’s stop at 7 am and reported seeing her waiting for her school bus with her dog. At 7:20 am, Annette’s bus arrived but no one was there.

Her stepfather Stephen did not know Annette had disappeared until the afternoon, when she didn’t come home from school. He called the police, telling them he’d found a note at the bus stop.

It read “Dad, momma came back. Give the boys a hug.” The boys she referred to were her brothers.

It's possible that the mother did come back for her daughter, but why leave her 2 boys, and why wait a year? Why did she leave in the first place? It's also possible that the stepfather murdered them both. You decide.
•••

Enjoy

Next up: Murders

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yeah, there's a lot of weird disappearances that occur. The ones that really get me are the ones that have been occurring in our national parks and forrests. One of the bizarre things about some of them is that sometimes they're found in areas that had been searched two or three times previously.
David Paulides gets real deep into some of these. There are several occurrences
s where people have just been feet away from others and "poof" they're out of sight. Not real sure what the explanation is, but it's certainly fodder for those of us who like to speculate and contemplate.
edit on 5-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Yea, David Paulides missing 411 cases are some of the most bizarre cases I've heard of. I remember reading about those quite awhile ago. I didn't want to add any of those because it's already been discussed extensively here.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Korrina and Annette lived in my neck of the woods! The link you gave says the boys never stopped looking. I wonder if they are still here? The husband relinquished his parental rights to the boys right after the daughter's disappearance. Hmmmmm.

Thanks for posting this. Nice to see something different!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Excellent, I am very much enjoying the efforts being made by members to bring back what ATS is really about. I have some more mystery/interest subjects based around my local area that I will put together when time permits me to do the subjects proper justice.

I am very busy at work right now and in the occasional slack moments threads like this are a real joy.

My thanks and regards.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lolliek
Korrina and Annette lived in my neck of the woods! The link you gave says the boys never stopped looking. I wonder if they are still here? The husband relinquished his parental rights to the boys right after the daughter's disappearance. Hmmmmm.

Thanks for posting this. Nice to see something different!

That's interesting. Might be worth looking into.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
These are some great threads you're putting out my friend!

Please keep them coming. As will I (try).

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Thanks zosi! I really enjoyed making these and I'm working on another as we speak, hopefully I can finish it by tonight

And to everyone else, thanks for reading

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Some of these cases might be foul play, but in most cases of foul play, there's evidence. A lot of people are just seemingly walking off the "edge" of the planet.
Even in wildlife related attacks, there are bones or scraps of clothing to be found. For there to just be nothing, no scents, no blood, scraps of clothing, no sign they even existed is very odd.
edit on 5-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The amount of females that go missing is really disturbing. In your first example, I don't see how a lone man could abduct three children but then again, it only takes one to be convinced and the others might follow suit.

I read a story a long time ago about a little girl who was playing in the room whilst her parents were present, when a vortex of a kind appeared in the room and swallowed the girl inside it. The parents were devastated, the police investigated believing them to have done harm to the child. The chilling footnote was that every now and again, the vortex would reappear in the same room and the horrified parents could see their little girl inside it.

Chilled me to the bone, that one did.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The " Dead Zone " as it is referred to today stretches from southeast Oklahoma / southwest Arkansas down to Galveston, Texas on the Gulf Coast.

Since the early 1970s over a thousand people have disappeared along the I-45 / U.S. 59 corridor.
I worked on some of these cases years ago and they still keep me up at night when reports of new cases come in.

This is just one small area at the southern end of the zone.

en.wikipedia.org...(location)

Buck

The linking connection redirects to the wrong web page.
Very strange........

search for killing fields off of Calder Road, Texas

edit on 5-3-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Some things I think being lost explans alot

If u have ever been truly lost ... no idea how to get home u don't think the same it's really a scarry moment

All the ones that can't be ruled out that way tho are very odd

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

www.missingtrio.com... this link follows up how it effected the families

3 girls go to the mall in south forthworth texas and disappear ... dec 23 1974 17 year old Rachael tricia picked up her friend 14 year old renee wilson, nine year old julie ann mosley a neighbor begged her mom to let her go with the two girls to the mall...
people saw them at the mall, and they made it back to the car because the presents on lay a way they picked up were in the car.

cops thought they ran away...a letter arrived the next day at the house but the family did not believe it was from their daughter rachael....they still have not been found

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Does Texas have some kind of favorable laws for kidnappers or quarantine?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Not hardly, those four states, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana are the last places you want to be locked up.
Death inside those systems are frequent and common. There's no need for executions in many cases as it simple gets taken care of on the inside. And still it is not a deterrent.

This is one of the things I found to be so amazing, while living so many years outside the U.S.
All of this is common knowledge in the foreign press and yet the U.S. media as well as the government go to great lengths to keep much of it hidden from the general public. Only in the last few years has the U.S. media started playing catch up with the rest of the world. The amount of propaganda disseminated to the American citizenry is unbelievable.
And this not directly connected to politics, but information the the entire population should be able to easily access.

If these trends continue at this rate , you will be seeing a lot of communities going Skidmore on a lot of bad guys.

www.mcclatchydc.com...

Buck

P.S. My daddy was from Skidmore

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You are knocking them outta the park!
Keep 'em coming!
You will make ATS great again!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Another great thread! Thank you! Keep them coming!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks for reading NS

new topics

top topics

join