It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D-Printed House In Under 24 Hours At A Cost Of Just $10,000 !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I want one!

This will hopefully be the construction of the future if it can become commercially viable. Complete story, additional video, and pictures at the link. I will embed the youtube video here.

www.zerohedge.com...

Apis Cor has claimed to be the first company to have developed a 3D printer than can print whole buildings on-site.

"When I first thought about creating my machine the world has already knew about the construction 3D printing,” he explained. “But all printers created before shared one thing in common – they were portal type. I am sure that such a design doesn’t have a future due to its bulkiness. So I took care of this limitation and decided to upgrade a construction crane design.”

He adds: “We want to help people around the world to improve their living conditions. That’s why the construction process needs to become fast, efficient and high-quality as well. For this to happen we need to delegate all the hard work to smart machines.”

For now the technology is in its infancy, however in a few years, the deflationary pressures unleashed by Apis-Cor and its competitors could results in a huge deflationary wave across the construction space, and would mean that a house that recently cost in the hundreds of thousands, or millions, could be built for a fraction of the cost, providing cheap, accessible housing to millions, perhaps in the process revolutionizing and upending the multi trillion-dollar mortgage business that is the bedrock of the US banking industry.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I had watched all of that, very intriguing.
My only question was the roof and the snow pack. ( Its designed to carry the weight of the snow.)
Drainage and the pooling of water would be a problem.

Of course, the whole concept is within the parameters of being 3-D built, therefore the radical design.
But its a start.

Buck

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I would... love that here... but... I ... can not ever.... stand that... voice..

captain kirk eat you heart out..

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Did you know, in this ....Gods creation.....building structures is the work we are assigned...to make His creation abundant and aesthetic....

The mortgage deal....yezz....so I like this, hey using plastic for bridges and roadways is next

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Sorry to be a bummer but....
From the article.

could be built for a fraction of the cost, providing cheap, accessible housing to millions, perhaps in the process revolutionizing and upending the multi trillion-dollar mortgage business that is the bedrock of the US banking industry.

Bolding by me.

I don't think the banking industry cares that much about people and affordable housing.
Remember the housing bubble??

1.They will create new laws to strangle any competition.

If that doesn't work.

2.They get bail outs.

edit on 5-3-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Brilliant and a feat of modern technology but I worry for jobs with this kind of stuff.. if this took off would but many millions out if work worldwide. .
Even with driverless technology taking off we have to think of taxi drivers, lorry drivers etc.. again many millions out if work.. and will always affect the poor and working class the most.

Having said that, amazing stuff on the horizon..

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Sadly, I think you're right.....

Amazing though non the less!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Brilliant and a feat of modern technology but I worry for jobs with this kind of stuff

Time to consider another model for society, based on service to others, free income and abundancy, and not, like todays society, based on service to self, low or no income and scarcity.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Brilliant and a feat of modern technology but I worry for jobs with this kind of stuff

Time to consider another model for society, based on service to others, free income and abundancy, and not, like todays society, based on service to self, low or no income and scarcity.

A nice vision.. but you have to be realistic ..

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It doesn't look very big and must be a nightmare getting furniture to fit those curved walls.

Still it's very cool, although what happens when it needs repairing and what about damp proofing etc ?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
From the article.

could be built for a fraction of the cost, providing cheap, accessible housing to millions, perhaps in the process revolutionizing and upending the multi trillion-dollar mortgage business that is the bedrock of the US banking industry.

Bolding by me.

I don't think the banking industry cares that much about people and affordable housing.

If that doesn't work.

2.They get bail outs.

Agreed
And since they pretty much own DC, they will create ways to make it very expensive.
The housing market is their number one cash cow

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
After a very interesting convo about 8 years ago I actually invested into the 3d printing of homes, a very nominal amount that equated to a round of beers..

I am very very confident that this will be the future of construction as build times would be very quick plus there will be far more scope for design ideas.

The time scale I have seen would show that 3d printing would be in the mainstream of construction around 2022, but could very well be used as a viable means of construction by 2019...

There are people currently in China I believe constructing single level units that are 3d printed so it is very much out there.

Personally I would expect the first major role out to be a 3d printed town or estate development it just takes one firm to make the leap..

RA

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
While this seems cool it is not as affordable as they proclaim because it has to be finished... Electrical plumbing heating insulation flooring windows and doors etcetera...
Composite strength is comprised by any holes made in it it would also he prone to fracturing during any of the fastening processes which would be required... In short it's an engineering nightmare...
No need to fear loss of jobs due to the technological marvel of 3d printing just yet...
The process could prove useful in some aspects of large comercial applications though such as partial foundations if the process allowed for a void which could be insulated and allow for insertion a mudsil that would allow for nailing to afterwards without compromising structral integrity... Also sheer walls and some partitions especially curved walls... But these would also have to allow for wood nailers or caping to be installed...
So you see its not really even efficient enough to be a threat...
Will be seen first as bungalows without basements in warm climates because cold would be another factor in feasability...
edit on 5-3-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Yeah 24 hrs to put down ... let's be real tho to put up the walls and roof with no foundation electrical plumbing... well I'm fairly shure that could be done with wood aswell

Now if they could include hvac vents plumbing
And electrical so u just came in and ran wires

Otherwise this isn't much different from the one built to build concrete houses

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This will not take off for the pure reason of cities. You know, those places where the majority of people live and work.
There is not the ground area to take the high density that's needed for cities. That's why there are high rise buildings.
By the looks of this it does not have the structural capacity to take multiple buildings on top of each other for high numbers of people that's needed for civilization.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
This will not take off for the pure reason of cities. You know, those places where the majority of people live and work.
There is not the ground area to take the high density that's needed for cities. That's why there are high rise buildings.
By the looks of this it does not have the structural capacity to take multiple buildings on top of each other for high numbers of people that's needed for civilization.

It could if you built the units together in a pyramid shape.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Perhaps I missed this in the video, but at what stage do they route electrical, plumbing, utilities etc. into the house? You know, all that good stuff that humans have to do while a house is being built, otherwise the house is a useless shack.

Does the printer do that too?

edit on 5-3-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
From the article.

Bolding by me.

If that doesn't work.

2.They get bail outs.

This is so frustrating, We can only make progress as long as everything stays the same.

Sounds like this:
"Great idea kid but it won't make me any money, banks and labor unions keep my pools clean. So the next time you think outside the box like this remember we make the boxes around here."

Thanks for posting OP, one more thing to add to my wish list.
edit on 5-3-2017 by Observationalist because: Add explanation to hypothetical conversation

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Is the house build to codes?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

The design could be square or any shape really. You would just need to scale up the machine. It could also build high rises. If you adapt the machine.

<<   2 >>

join