It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book Finds Today - One Book In Particular!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I love finding old books. So much profound information in the older volumes. I found some great old Easter books today in a used book store (8 in all for $60). This one is a really nice find. It once belonged in the Bhagavan Sir Ramana Makarshi Center in NY. I bought a whole collection, likely from an estate. This was today, but yesterday, I watched the video below from iPerceptive. I love Synchronicity like this. The book was written by SS Cohen with commentary of his teacher's best quotes. It's like the universe brought me a gift for watching and loving the video.

edit on 4-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: I perceived a necessary edit.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Ramana Maharshi is my "guru" as is Nisargadatta Maharaj.

I am blown away to see this post here on ATS.

I read ATS daily, and am interested CTs. But beyond it all, my focus is on awakening fully in this lifetime.

The first time I saw a photo of Arunachala, it took my breath away. I hope to someday walk the mountain as Ramana did.

My fiance who passed was a deeply spiritual man, who had introduced me to Ramana's wisdom. I was sitting here alone, missing him, with tears falling. I picked up my cell to look at ATS and felt the synchronicity upon seeing the image of the book. And a great peace came over me.

Such an incredible find. I hope you treasure the gift of that book and his words. Thank you, Day After Tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
We are not God......and we don't want to be God....it's too lonely at the top, that's why He said don't let them eat of the other tree......the tree of life.......

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The Cargo Cults of WWII thought men that flew were Gods, they didn't realize they were just men, too.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
We are not God......and we don't want to be God....it's too lonely at the top, that's why He said don't let them eat of the other tree......the tree of life.......

I don't think Sri Ramana Maharshi is saying "We are God" in a prideful or blasphemous manner.
Christ said the Kingdom is within us. I think this is what Ramana Maharshi is alluding to.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
God is all seeing and all knowing.
Are you seeing/knowing these words that are appearing?
If you are, then maybe you are not the person that thought says you are!
edit on 5-3-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

Have you ever dabbled in any Zend-Avesta?

That is a book you need to prepare for or it makes no sense. But you see in it several ideas adopted by Judeo-Christianity such as angelology and demonology as well as the concept of duality, God vs Satan in Christianity but not Judaism that is clear everything good or bad (Isaiah) and everything the Satan does has God's approval, he works for Him.

Ahriman is more Satan than Samael, Satan's name in Judaism. Evil is an important function in the Judaic system testing mankind to refine him/her.

Hindus have a different take with Karma being a somewhat (at least in former times) a way to enforce caste and explain a lousy hand in life. But they have far more advanced teachings that bring it out of madness. Past lives and reincarnation have been incorporated into Judaism today which has more in common with Aryan religions than is obvious.

Sheba is Shiva v&b are the same in Hebrew and Paleo Hebrew has no vowels like Sanskrit.

Mitra/Mithras/Metatron

Para Brahm/Zurvan/EnSof

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Bhagavan seems to have a fondness for book stores...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: benTanna

I love that book. There is one place in it where humans are lined up in rows, as if being grown genetically by some means. It's a an eye opening book for sure. Ahura Mazda was one of the first things I ever researched on this line of thinking, but it has been many years. Given what I know today, I likely need to go back and read it again.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Galadriel

We are all on this journey together. I know now like never before that all events in our lives are for a greater purpose. It's so comforting to know there are others seeing the same. Thank you so much for posting today. You made my day.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

All in All by the end. It's a greater purpose, allowing the parts to finally see the whole. As Rumi says, some of us know already.

RUMI

“Within us are many things. There is mouse in us, and there is bird. The bird carries the cage upwards, while the mouse drags it down. A hundred thousand different wild beasts are together within us, but they are all converging on that moment when the mouse will renounce its mousehood and the bird its birdhood, and all become one. For the goal is neither going up or down. When the goal shows itself clearly, it will be neither above nor below.”

A woman lost something. She looks left and right, in front and behind. Once she has found that thing she no longer searches above and below, left and right, in front or behind. All at once she becomes calm and collected. Similarly, on the resurrection day all people will be of one eye, tongue, ear and understanding.

When ten friends share a garden or a shop in common, they speak as one, they plan as one, and their work is with one thing since their objective is the same. So, on the resurrection day, since the affair of all will be with God, they will all be one. In this world everyone is preoccupied with a separate affair. One is in love with women, one is in love with wealth, another is engaged in acquiring possessions, another in acquiring knowledge.

Everyone believes that their cure, their joy, their pleasure and comfort can be found in that one thing. And that is a Divine mercy, because when they search they cannot find, and so they return. After they have waited a while, they say again, “That joy and pleasure must be looked for. Perhaps I didn’t try hard enough. I will search again.” Then they look again, but still they cannot find their desire.

So they continue, until that time when Truth removes Its veil. Then they know. But God has certain servants who know even before the resurrection.

edit on 5-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: Shin the Light. Open blind Eyes. Feed the Sheep!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Misplaced concreteness is a problem, no doubt. Enlightenment is not misplaced. East and West come together as one. I'm sure that Angels descending on Earth were mistaken for the same misplaced relative, but God is not visible. No opposite.

RUMI

It is impossible to know anything without its
opposite, yet God has no opposite. “I was a hidden
treasure,” God says, “and I wanted to be
known.” So It created this world of darkness for
Its Light to become visible. So, too, It manifested
the prophets and the saints, saying, “Go forth
with My Attributes into My creation.” They are
the theater for the Light of God, where friend may
be disclosed from foe, and brother from stranger.
The struggles of the saints reveals God’s opposite,
even though It has none. Through persecution
and opposition, the saints become known and
admired.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Yes! We are the temple of God.

LUXOR 1400bc: The body is the house of god. That is why it is said, "Man know yourself."

Bible: Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

This verse from 1 Cor 6 is a clue to my other threads. See this: Final Veil Mystery

Purchasing us is redemption from a captor (Samsara), or our own Karma. Love is resurrection from the dead, or the price we pay for our own misdeeds in the flesh. That Debt has been paid.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

The Veil (Indra's Net) has been parted for us to see. Pan-dimensional vision is a temporary sight at best. The Kore Kosmou outlines this from our foundation, which is our original face before creation, when we were placed into this abode (Buddha Body).

"Great Heaven," said one, "principle of our birth, ether, pure airs, hands, and sacred breath of the sovereign the Divine, and you, shining Stars, eyes of the Gods, unwearying light of Sun and Moon, our early brethren, what grief, what rending is this! Must we quit these vast, effulgent spaces, this sacred sphere, all these splendors of the empyrean and of the happy republic of the Gods, to be precipitated into these vile and miserable abodes? What crime, O wretched ones, have we committed? How can we have merited, poor sinners that we are, the penalties which await us? Behold the sad future in store for us--to minister to the wants of a fluctuating and dissoluble body! No more may our eyes distinguish the souls divine! Hardly through these watery spheres shall we perceive, with sighs, our ancestral heaven; at intervals even we shall cease altogether to behold it. By this disastrous sentence direct vision is denied to us; we can see only by the aid of the outer light; these are but windows that we possess--not eyes. Nor will our pain be less when we hear in the air the fraternal breathing of the winds with which no longer can we mingle our own, since that will have for its dwelling, instead of the sublime and open world, the narrow prison of the breast! But Thou, Who drivest us forth, and causest us from so high a seat to descend so low, assign a limit to our sufferings! O Master and Father, so quickly become indifferent to Thy handiwork, appoint a term to our penance, deign to bestow on us some last words, while yet we are able to behold the expanse of the luminous spheres!"

Jim Carey - Seek and Find

edit on 5-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

I'm sure that Angels descending on Earth were mistaken for the same misplaced relative, but God is not visible. No opposite.

Native Americans described Thunderbirds... maybe saw into the future, being shown the US AirForce F16 Thunderbirds demonstration team.

Indian culture and texts reveal visions of modern weapons and events too.

Imo, they weren't seeing back they were seeing forward, to now.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Surely when asked, the natives were clarified of what white skin truly indicated.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubforumCommunal

Surely when asked, the natives were clarified of what white skin truly indicated.

And their answer?

I think the technology of flying, the uniformed pilots (their skin color) and their cargo, all added up to a minds blown reaction.

If you google un contacted tribes in the Amazon and click on images, you get the same look from the indigenous peoples today...

these are from helicopters hovering overhead, image search

new topics

top topics

join