It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and the US about to clash militarily over oil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
We are witnessing nothing less than the geopoliticalisation of the world’s oil and gas industry. Governments rather than traditional commercial enterprises are taking control. And those governments have interests hostile to America’s.

We are on the cusp of a new kind of war -- between those who have enough energy and those who do not but are increasingly willing to go out and get it. While nations have always competed for oil, it seems more and more likely that the race for a piece of the last big reserves of oil and natural gas will be the dominant geopolitical theme of the 21st century.

China has basically booted US oil companies out of Venezuela which up to now has been a major supplier of the US market. China is now trading weapons To Saudia Arabia for access to oil. China is also trading nuclear materials with Iran for oil which is causing alarm in Washington. Is Iran going to be the flashpoint that brings China and America into an armed conflict over oil?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

China has basically booted US oil companies out of Venezuela which up to now has been a major supplier of the US market.

I thought it was the PEOPLE, and Chavez, who kicked US corporations out of Venezuela... Where did you get that info about China being involved in Venezuela? This is odd.

But i think that yes, if the US invades Iran, both China and Russia will never accept that the US gains total control on all Middle-East oil production... while I do not have doubts that China has huge economical interests in Iran. No matter if the US succeeds in Iran or not, it will get out of it largely weakened, and China will get a hold of the situation to its advantage.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Here's a link that discusses the Venezuelan / China petrol agreement. Dated 12/24/04

www.energybulletin.net...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Beijing thinks it can take over the world yet Mongolia has already said it will display nuclear weapons if China gets out of control.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
the "People" i know from Venezuala call Chavez a Dictator
yet everyone who speaks of Venezuala that doesnt live there assumes Chavez is a good guy; which is an outright miscalculation

Chavez IS a dictator; and ive givin a decent 'rant' about it in another thread

but as to the question of China vs USA military-wise

it will never happen!

China and the USA are on decent relations; better than most people assume

China and USA trade vast amounts of goods daily, and get rich off each other

Theres NO reason why either would commit an act of war agianst the other
and Taiwan doesnt count
China wants Taiwan; but if you look at world politics and recent history
you will realzie that China doesnt care about Taiwan enough risk a world war over attacking it

if they did want to attack Taiwan
dont you think they would have already?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
MOSCOW, Feb. 1 - China lent Russia $6 billion late last year to enable Rosneft, which is owned by the Russian government, to buy Yukos's biggest oil-producing unit, Kremlin officials said Tuesday.

Full article here:

Another example of China getting involved in big oil. How long till something happens to them?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macrento
Beijing thinks it can take over the world yet Mongolia has already said it will display nuclear weapons if China gets out of control.

Mongolia has nukes? Oh please do explain!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
What i want to know is why all you world politics experts are not politicians!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I am a polititian in Australia.

Good day to you too mate!!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001

As we say in my super group!!!! HA HAAAAAAAAA IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001

Gee, ya think I should bow down mate?
Its "G'day", minus the "ood", what kind of aussie do you call yaself? Shame !

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think I"m starting to feel the love in this place.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Maybe he is an imported politician. Heck I am willing to move to Australia or New Zealand especially, if they wanted me as a politician. Watch out!!!!!! I can say G'day mate 8)

[edit on 2-2-2005 by FALLOUT SHELTER]

Dern spellin

[edit on 2-2-2005 by FALLOUT SHELTER]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Mongolia has nukes? Oh please do explain!

They were put together about 100,000 yrs. ago, in the transition from Lemurian to Atlantean times, were hidden in deep underground bases 3,820 miles down, far removed from the destructive effects of earthquakes, and will be levitated and launched by minds that will activate their anti-gravity mechanisms when the time comes. Then the Mongols will again rule the world in a 50,000-year Reich, after which they will be overthrown by a powerful race hailing from the Edge of the Universe.

(to be continued presently)

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Macrento]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
OK, nice one. Gracefully done.

Still, it must be noted that China does not have enough reserves to sustain itself. There is really no choice but to appropriate reserves as best as they can.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
BAck on planet earth,

Venezuela gets a Chinese satallite, and the Chinese get a promise of Oil. That is all that article said, nothing about booting out the Americans.

China has Wal-Mart and KFC folks, and we have dollar stores, so there will be no war between us anytime soon. Taiwan is another story but as stated in the post, not feasible right now.

China and Russia sell buy and sell arms and technology, and I thought there was ALOT of oil in Russia, Siberia that is, theoretically enough to match the Saudi output eventually. I do not see a reason for China to attack anyone for oil.

The problem I would see is them supplying weapons to Iran when we start that war. Trade embargos and such would occur.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by esdad71]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I don't really think that a military confrontation with China is imminent, however take a look at the subtle preparations China has been making.
They basically control BOTH ends of the Panama Canal. They are building the largest cargo facility on the face of the planet in the Bahamas. The largest on the planet. I don't know what it would take to convert this to a military facility, but it concerns me non the less. They are agressive in their satellite technology. They have urged their citizens to buy gold and silver. Every one of these things by itself is a good preparation. Think about it.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Have you ever considered that the steps bush is taking now in the middle east will lead to lower oil prices overall?
Or that China would also benefit from lower oil prices?
Or tht chna would not be buildng a pipeline from Iran if they thought the Us was going to take over and muscle them out?
Or that maybe china wants iran taken over by the us and are building the oil pipline so it will be ready when that happens?

new topics

top topics

join