It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael "Eyedea" Larsen tribute thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
To me he was more than just a musical artist he was a genius philosopher, he has helped shape my way of thinking and influenced me more than any person I have ever met in my life. And although I have never actually met him I consider him to be a close friend. He taught me the world of metaphysics and how to cope with my anxiety through his music. He died October 16 2010 when he was only 28 years old of an accidental drug overdose. I listen to his music almost daily and somehow still find songs and even albums that he made that I've never heard before. Mostly known for his hip hop group "Eyedea and Abilities" he also had many side projects and collaborations. So I am writing this as a tribute to him and my only hope is that someone that has never listened to his music before gets the chance to hear it for the first time, thanks. R "Eye" P Michael Larsen

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Some tribute songs by artists that knew him and a song he wrote in his youth read by his mother.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
S&F friend. I'm a huge Aesop and Slug fan, but somehow eyedea slipped through the cracks all these years (a travesty) and I've only recently gotten into his stuff. We lost a good un.

Just listened to an Aesop, slug, eyedea collab yesterday that was amazing.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

LoL listening to Aesop, Slug right now

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

edit on 4-3-2017 by Jdubious because: Double post so I put this video up.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Jedi mind tricks?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Of course, but they could never match the violent by design album imo.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Check out the orphanage Eyedea, Aesop, Slug, Blueprint, Illogic

edit on 4-3-2017 by Jdubious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Jdubious

Talk about conspiracy theories.

A few years ago, I was playing some of EYEDEA's battles for a friend of mine.

Her mind was blown as to how good he was.

She then asked me where he was now and I told her that he died.

First thing she said was, "they killed him".

Cant imagine how GODLY he'd be with 10 more years under his belt.

RIP EYEDEA, GOAT.

As many people as EYEDEA's destroyed, for some reason, I really like his battle with PEACE.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Heres EYEDEA vs Brother Ali in 2000 when he was first recruited by RhymeSayers.

Some claim that Brother Ali won this battle. He did really well but I dont know that Eyedea was taking this battle too seriously.

12 years later Brother Ali had perfected his craft. Not only is he responsible for the best 5 Fingers of Death ever, he came full circle by dedicating it to EYEDEA...

edit on 4-3-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I love Brother Ali but in that 5 fingers of death a lot of that was pre written it can be heard in "Mourning in America" album. I think the Slug Eyedea was by far the best off the top freestyle in five fingers. Eyedea had so much respect for other rappers cuz he realizes how hard it is. I was lucky enough to see him at a live show and some kid bombed on stage and Eyedea explained to the crowd how hard it is to get up there and perform. He was a class act all the way, also that night DJ Abilities by far out shined Eyedea he was like Jimi Hendrix on turn tables it was amazing.

Go to 4:00 minute mark

edit on 4-3-2017 by Jdubious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

The pyscho-social album was legit, though.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Hey Jdubious, thanks for bringing my attention to this incredible artist and human being.
I've been tripping out on the lyrics for The Dive pt 1,2.. they're just really great and spiritual. He's talking about death of the Ego, imo.. seriously deep stuff that I was just trying to fathom myself. The ego really does not want to die and puts you through hell if you try to reach the higher level.
The music is perfect for the lyrics, too. It takes you on a trip actually.
Thank you!

genius.com...
Great thread! Also a really great tribute.

edit on 18-3-2017 by zosimov because: link

new topics

top topics

join