It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence used personal email to conduct state business...Was also hacked.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid
The problem during election season (months ago) was that one of the candidates used a private server to send CLASSIFIED emails.

Exactly. Conducting business might be so benign as "schedule my meeting with the air conditioner people for thursday." That is not the same as using a private email server as a proxy to disseminate state secrets while working as the Secretary of State.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
The best part? He was hacked with a poorly worded scam email.

Oh, he was using AOL as well.

I admit it - I laughed.

I had the experience (back in 1990) of telling municipal officials that their emails going through Prodigy were marked as 'copyright Prodigy' and could actually legally be published by Prodigy because Prodigy grabbed the copyright and the user agreement that they signed GAVE Prodigy copyright. Getting them to actually listen to me was another trick altogether (because, hey... I'm a woman. What could a woman with a Master's in computing actually know about computers and security?)

I think I had my (male) manager convince them that it was a Stupid Idea to use public email. We eventually got them to use the company email, but it was a long process.

Not surprised, though. Just amused.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Indiana law does not prohibit public officials from using personal email accounts.

Another failed attempt at propaganda by low-info Trump haters.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: muse7

He didn't "INTEND" any harm. So he's good. Hillary set the standards...sorry.
Oh and that's why you were willing to let hillary slide on that, right? You didn't? Well then that too is the standard.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Almost as bad as your password actually being "password!"

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The stream of BS from the media has been strong ever since Trump gave his brilliant speech to Congress.
Pence broke no laws so the completely fake association the news media is making to Hillary Clinton clear crime is nonsense.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I, too would like to know where to find and research the law she broke. It might be relevant to Pence.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
But did he have intent?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I, too would like to know where to find and research the law she broke. It might be relevant to Pence.

It isn't.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Pence was working for the state and the state regulates that. The laws regulating the Feds are different than many of the states. Look, pot is illegal at the federal level but some states have made it legal to smoke it. According to an article I read about this issue, Pence did not break any law. They are required to supply all e-mails about anything government related and he did do that.

Look at how much trouble you can get in for using e-mail. Why would anyone in our government even want to send e-mails. I would rather talk to someone on the phone myself, at least you can recognize their voice and know you are talking to the right person.
edit on 3-3-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You still did not provide the law she broke so I did some research myself. It seems she can't be charged with the law you want because it did not become law til 2014. She was guilty of being careless and so is Pence. He was hacked too.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You still did not provide the law she broke so I did some research myself. It seems she can't be charged with the law you want because it did not become law til 2014. She was guilty of being careless and so is Pence. He was hacked too.

Try harder.
The law Hillary broke is decades old (I think almost 100 years old). She was not indicted simply because no-one has been indicted for breaking that particular law for a long time.
There is no association at all between what Hillary did and Pence did... and it's all pretty irrelevant now anyway.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

watch this, it lists the laws she broke. www.weeklystandard.com...

None of these relate to Pence's previous situation. If he does this as VP, then it would be considered illegal..

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I expect they're all still available for investigation. No news about him trying to delete them all?

Won't know until a warrant is served...

Kinda like what's going on with Hillary, huh? Except the opposite?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

He said "possibly" so he must not have been involved in investigation.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Did he have classified material all over it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join