It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Euphoric End

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm beginning to write a book about consciousness, life, death, ect. Just what I have so far and thought I'd slowly share it piece by piece whenever I feel like.

The world which we have created for ourselves tends to leave us with more questions than answers. It tends to divide the experience into complexities and perplexing questions. "What happens when we die?", "What is life after death?", "Why are we here?". And many more questions that appear to be out of reach based on our current state of comprehension. Yet, curiosity inevitably inspires the minds of the living to seek refuge or solidarity from the unknown. Throughout history, and well before, the human race has globally striven for answers to questions about the universe. About life and death, body and soul, the reason for our existence, the source of consciousness, ect. But why?

The human consciousness is a beautiful complex anomaly which seems to take itself for granted when looked at through the lens of a neutral observer. Filled to the brim with hypocritical actions and often times fallacious, out right illogical thought processes that hinder the individuals opportunity for growth and wisdom. We are creatures of habit who like simplicity when faced with complexity. Who tend to be selfish and yet, we usually do everything but think of ourselves. By that I mean to say that we think of and protect our bodies. We think of our bodies as who we are, but our body is not who we are, merely what we are. We are naturally materialistic in more than one sense of the word. As creatures of habit, we give our attentions to what is in front of us, what we can see, and what we can hold on to. This way of perceiving the world inadvertently siphons our awareness, turning the minds eye away from metaphysical endeavors in-order to fixate on material and social success.

Only in very recent times are we beginning to accept this fact. Humans are becoming increasingly aware of their inner self, and with that brings our attention back once again to the metaphysical questions we have asked since the beginning of consciousness. One could argue that an obsession with the material world is not healthy for the mind, and vice versa. In other words, it is important to keep a well balanced mentality, just as it is important to keep a well balanced diet. In-order to survive comfortably the mentality must remain logical, rather than allow itself to run wild with imagination.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Excellent op. Beautifully written. Sums up epic concepts concisely and epically.

We are lost in a modern social construct that is counter intuitive to the natural human state.

Not enough humans realise they are mind controlled by materialism.

I typed a long reply, respectful of what you posted and not nearly as awesome... But lost it.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

I enjoyed that so far and yes the ecology aspect, as in the nature part of nature/nurture can weigh heavily these days because there is so much negativity abound as well as downright malevolence. The rotting edges of status quo and materialism can contaminate us. So the 'balance ' you mention takes extra effort these days, imo, to counter the circumstantial gloom and selfishness we have function in.

Just read this yesterday about the Giant Neuron encapsulating the brain may be responsible for some degree of consciousness.
The potential physiological aspect of consc is just fascinating, with the non-local theories and such, and I am surprised they just discovered this neuron. Should be interesting to see how/if it contributes to consciousness.

Also, it is believed that Hinduism has dealt with the depths of human consciousness more than any other culture and I was pointed to this book The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali once and man does it cover some details. It is so well rounded that it seems to leave nothing uncovered. I thought you might like to include it in your resource endeavors.

Thanks for sharing and please let us know when your book is complete.

peace

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i think consciousness is the mid way between infinity and limits

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: daniel2sxc

or limits exploring infinity?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The big bang is the collision between the two spawning the physicl universe?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

In-order to survive comfortably the mentality must remain logical, rather than allow itself to run wild with imagination.

Mind candy? Yes, a little is fine, but should be consumed only in moderation.

I'm liking your book.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
What if the greatest gift this reality has bestowed upon us is 'not knowing'? This reality is so unique and fascinating simply because we have spiritual amnesia. If we knew where we came from and who we were, this life would lose a vital part of what makes it so great.

What if we are here simply to experience? To experience things that would have never been possible on the spiritual plane. What if the greatest challenge is finding the balance between the material and the spiritual, not to deny the material for the pure pursuit of the spiritual. The game being to fully enjoy all this reality has to offer without incurring negative karma. To take this life with both hands and fully embrace it without corrupting the soul.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments everyone. Here is more.

The way in which we live our daily lives is systematic in nature. The individual knows what he or she will do next. The individual creates future plans for themselves in attempts to solidify their place, to motivate themselves and give their life meaning, and to reach their personal goals. It knows how to react to certain situations, and knows generally what to expect in a given situation. Though in retrospect, this is all it really does know, or can know for certain. We are all individually going through life in our own systematic routine, a predictable self. Yet it cannot predict anything else other than it's own actions because the reality in which it exists in is always in an unpredictable state from its point of reference. You know you will get out of bed at 6AM to get ready to go to work, and plan to be there by 8 AM. What you cannot predict is the events that may interfere with your plans. Be that a natural occurrence, human error, or technological failure. What we are left with is a world of collective uncertainty. Something we all share despite the fact that we are individually certain of our own actions.

The only thing we truly know is that we live, and then we die. This is the cycle of the systematic nature we live, in its most simplistic state. Could this be why death is such an ominous concept to accept and question? Out of the only two things we know for sure... one we have control of, and the other is unpredictably out of our hands and always imminent. This concept is the very cornerstone of our society and why it works, as we work together with the same goal of survival. We know that we have lived, but beyond that is uncharted. The unknown scares us, naturally, we choose to preserve our place in the certainty of life as long as we can in-order to prolong the inevitable. We strive to protect it, even if it means taking it away from another being to do so. As conscious beings, we have the gift of experiencing life. Some may disagree, but I also say we have the gift of experiencing death.

So why do our minds and bodies have such a strong fear of death or the unknown, such a strong instinct that we evolved in-order to avoid it? My conclusion is that even the subconscious does not know what happens afterward. That's the scary part to me. Not that we don't know, in a materialistic sense, but the part of you that would be most likely to know... doesn't seem to show signs of knowing either. In the case of death, we are again left with so many questions, an infinite amount of possibilities, and no answers. We are generally swimming in shark infested waters, waiting to be eaten to see what happens. In respect to the life we lead everyday, we are helpless against the driving force behind it: Survival, avoiding death, holding on to consciousness by any means. Doing our best with the limited time that remains, hoping to find answers.

Leaving so many unanswered questions in the hands of billions of individual conscious minds paves way for many many beliefs to arise. This fear of the unknown is, ironically, one of the leading causes of death, via means of war specifically.

edit on 1-3-2017 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
u shud talk about symbology too it is a big thing about consiousness

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
maybe symbology is natures tool to become infinite again connecting the mental and physical dnno keep creating u r doing gr8

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
talk about dualities 2

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: daniel2sxc
talk about dualities 2

My main priority is to express various concepts and how they relate to the process of death, and ultimately express my opinion of what happens when you die, based on those concepts. thank you for expressing interest in the topic though!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

all g just trying to make thoughts pop up in ur head XD

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: daniel2sxc

all g just trying to make thoughts pop up in ur head XD

I will likely touch a bit on symbology and interpretation of experiences based on beliefs actually. That was a good point.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

yes.. i speak the half truth and u make the truth

top topics

join