It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow closes above 21,000 as stocks post best day of 2017 after Trump's speech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The U.S. stock markets went way today (March 1, 2017) apparently in big support of President Trump after his stunning speech at a joint session of Congress.

Trump must be doing something to help the general markets.

But take caution because the markets could be blowing a big bubble.

Perhaps a downturn will happen but probably not bad and not for long.

What's going on here ?

Dow closes above 21,000 as stocks post best day of 2017 after Trump's speech

U.S. equities surged to all-time highs Wednesday, the major indexes posting their best day of the year, on the back of President Donald Trump's speech to Congress.

"A lot of people say this is euphoria. bit doesn't feel like it," said Eddie Perkin, chief equity investment officer at Eaton Vance. "It feels like people are reluctantly buying stocks."

"That's why I'm a little wary," he said.

Trump's speech, which was delivered Tuesday night, was widely praised for its positive tone but lacked specifics about tax reform and deregulation, two key components of the market's postelection rally.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Balloons are the most fun while they're inflating.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hmm it couldn't have been that address last night.....
something about americans rebuilding americas infrastructure
fixing the tax system
fixing the aca
doing your job on behalf of the american people who you represent?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Nat'l Debt will break $20 trillion soon enough too! #TwoSidesToEveryCoin

usdebtclock.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It is a combination of euphoria about Trumps policies and a stock bubble that has inflated because of ZIRP. The Fed really screwed the pooch holdings rates too low for so long. Capital has no where to go to get a decent return except equities.

With that said, there is a Trump effect where business feels more confident and that Trump is promoting a more business friendly environment.

I don't think this will end well...
edit on 1-3-2017 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I keep trying to find something to buy with my cash, but everything is so high right now. What I do have invested is doing great and Trump is the reason.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I don't think this will end well...

this will end well.... for those profiting from loosened restrictions and less over sight on the banks

the average American

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Interesting information! I've been watching this with great interest.

This rally has been officially dubbed the "Trump effect rally"

So, just let me offer some expert advice, (and I've been a winning market participant since the 1970's), if you are a long term investor and have profits.............take some off the table. If you have yet to get in on this rally, at the very least, wait for the June swoon.

And just remember, if something happens to Trump, and believe me there's enough outraged Leftist Democrats out there to damn near insure someone will make an attempt on Trump, remember this market will fall so far and so fast you won't be able to get outa the way fast enough!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What's that old expression?

What goes up, must come down....

Tick tock

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

That's great news. I hope it keeps going up.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Hey man don't jinx it!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Trump Wins again!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What if congress stalls and gives him nothing for tax breaks and regulations. Who loses?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I was looking for the trigger, that was going to end all the financial bull#, I think this is it.vwww.youtube.com... One point five Billion people have just recently had Sharia Law codified with regards to the rules on Gold and silver. The Muslim world has lacked financial liquidity because of the confusion with regards to what they can and cant do with Gold and Silver. But this has now been ended. Which will mean they will transfer the American dollar bonds , into Gold and Silver. If as read correctly The Koran states that only Gold and Silver can be used as money. It will start as a trickle at first within the precious metal markets, then a flood, as they dump not only bonds but their unstable currencies for real money. Then we will have to do the same. Anyone with a bit of sense will understand what this means. As its 25% of the worlds population.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Not necessarily. The government injects more and more money into the country causing inflation. Prices are always going up. Average salary is always going up.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
this is not something to brag about for 2 reasons

1) its a bubble. the underlying factors don't support the prices, there will be a correction, and a big one

2) they are excited that trump will get rid of pesky regulations protecting our water and air. and wants to get rid of dodd-frank

when emotion is in the market, do the opposite of the crowd

edit on 1-3-2017 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
the stock market is what scares me the most, I freely admit economics is a huge weakness of me... but I cannot see how skyrocketing stock market during an economic down turn then a fairly stagnant economy is a good thing.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ah yes, what a great time in America, the stock market is up. I should take advantage and buy some stock right?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

Honestly, I would wait. It's an over-inflated bubble. Once there is a "correction" (or something even worse), THAT is the time to buy. And even then, you have to be calculated in what you invest in. Those who are gung-ho about the Stock Market right now have rose-colored glasses on and don't realize this is a ticking time b*mb

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

The rise in the stock market at this level has to be a manipulated event. If its analysed, most of the stocks are falling its just the Dow which is comprised of the banks and their affiliates, which is rising. The plunge protection teams in most of the worlds stock markets are distorting a free market, when they decide to get out watch out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join