It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAYBE THIS TIME - [YJA2017]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Ohhh thanks very much Birdy, Jiminy and Tor!

I'm very glad that you enjoyed it!

and Jiminy.... EVERYTHING is better with a Scottish accesnt!!!
(Except Mel Gibson in Braveheart... oh abd Scotty in the original Star Trek series... oh and.... LOL)

G

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Being the silly ignorant American that I am, I probably couldn't pin down a difference between an Irish and Scottish accent. However I do follow a Scottish youtuber and his accent is very mild to what it is portrayed as on screen, which is a vast majority of my experience with folks from your neck of the woods. Contrary however, I know a few Brits and their accents are very strong by comparison. Rather odd.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Aye, weel ye cannie chainge thuh spoats oan a puddock!
LOL

I love hearing all of the different accents, and the British Isles have LOADS of really good ones!

I don't actually have a very strong Scots accent, it's a bit like a softer, toned down Glasgow accent which is usually quite hard & aggresive.
You'll be able to hear it in my entry for one of the previous short story contests, hang on... I'll try and find a link...

HERE it is...

kindest regards,
G

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I can hear the genuine difference in the inflection especially when there is a long sound to vowels.

Here is my reference.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

LOL - Yeah I forgot to mention that we usually runallofthewordsintoonebigsingleword and we also tend to say that word at 100 mph!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

I don't actually have a very strong Scots accent...

*snorts*

Here...have a cucumber.

Hi. Up at stupid-o'clock again.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

LOL
I must confess... I spent about an hour last night scouring youtubby for cats v cucumber videos!
They are one of the few things that are guaranteed to genuinely make me laugh out loud, and I have NO IDEA WHY???
I think it's the absurdity of the over-reaction of the cats when faced with a benign vegetable assailant??

I have an idea!
jacy - go to bed at teatime! Then 2am will be the right time to get up... fully refreshed and full of the joys of Spring!!!
Gliding sylph-like from your bed and wafting effortlessly through your day on a cushion of silky joyfulness...and...and.. Rum. Yeah, probs best just stick with the Rum.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Ahh...hahaha...I did the same thing, binge watching cat vs cucumber videos. Somebody commented that perhaps the cats think it's a snake? (should search for cat vs snake videos and see if they react the same way)

Umm...I DO go to bed at tea time these days...too exhausted from being up at 2 am every night. It's turned into a self perpetuating Hell of sorts. Rum, eh? Maybe a bedtime hot toddy? Do you have a nice recipe for one?

My days of "gliding sylph like from my bed" are sadly gone, more like "shuffling hunched over whilst moaning and swearing". I feel like I've become a character in a bad tv sitcom, lol.
jacy

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Yeah... T'was I who mentioned cucumbers and snakes... but I have a feeling that was on a very different kind of thread....
No, hang on...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

How many times have we all promised never to drink "that stuff again"?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Just the Once!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join