It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAYBE THIS TIME - [YJA2017]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
(Just for a bit of fun.)

MAYBE THIS TIME I'll LEARN

...another Saturday, another "couple" of drinks that turned into way too many.

I remember stumbling into the bed in the spare room, like so many other times before, but this time... something was... different. Sleep came swiftly, the heavy eyelids... the weight of the day pulling me down deeper into the warmth of my slumber between the bedsheets.

...and then the faint glimmer of a distant light. Sparkling like a star on a cold dark December night, but growing... getting larger and larger.
A whisper of sound wafted through my head, like a massive orchestra tuning up but waaaay off in the distance. Heavenly trumpets and horns, was that violins?

You have GOT to be KIDDING ME??

The light grew bigger and stronger with the rising volume of the orchestral sounds as it approached, when I suddenly twigged that it was ME who had been moving towards it! My whole body was floating, drifting towards the orchestra, joined now by a choir of ethereal voices in my head. Unearthly sounds, almost like a piece of classical music played in reverse.
It swirled and twisted and rose and then fell, rhythmically disorienting me completely. The light now flooded my vision, sparkling pearlescent ivories and golds washed over me, as I raised my hand to shield myself from its glare.
Then, I saw it... a huge white marble staircase rising between two massive ornate pillars of gold... and I was pulled towards it...

"oh no.... NO! This can't be happeni... no... surely... no.. it's not my time..."

The anger and denial rose within me and then, slowly... the tears of realisation began to fall.

As my foot fell on the first magnificent step, the whole staircase began to glide upwards and the beautiful golden pillars quickly faded from view.
My thoughts instantly turned to my wife... and so many of the things left unsaid... and I thought about my boys... what would happen to them now without me to guide them?
The staircase glided upwards and onwards through clouds of white and pearl until there, in the distance I could see the faint outline of a massive gate.

"You REALLY HAVE GOT to be KIDDING ME!!!"

It was your archetypical "pearly gates" vision of the hereafter, complete with old guy in white robes and beard... and there... beside him... stood....
Was that my mum? My dad??? My vision blurred as the tears returned with a salty vengeance... my old pal Chris who had died so young was there and is that SPOT my old Collie dog?
I found myself smiling as acceptance of the inevitable finally swept over me...

"SPOT! Spotty Boy!!! I'm HERE!!"

His ears perked up, as his head whipped around... tail wagging furiously now as he cocked his head in that old familiar way.

The stairs began to slowly drift to a stop just a few feet from the gates... so I swallowed hard, wiped the last tears from my eyes and stepped forward to face my fate.
I stretched out my hand towards the magnificently radiant pearl & gold structure before me and for the first time in a long while, felt completely at peace.
As my fingertip reached the cold metal latch of the gate...

MEEP. MEEP. MEEP. MEEP. MEEP. MEEP.

"What the..? ugh?? what just... is it..? huh?"

My finger slipped from the golden latch... and hit the button on my alarm clock, halting the horrible beeping noise that signalled morning. God I HATED that Alarm Clock! But boy was I ever so glad to hear it THIS morning!

"Ok, Coffee.... I NEED Coffee!! and I'm never gonna drink THAT stuff EVER again..."

THE END

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Well...
I was almost bawling when you started seeing Spot...and thinking about your family...

And,
I was totally amused by your sarcastic thoughts of "You have got to be kidding me" throughout your...ordeal.
Of course it was great!! You're the first one to go traditional (pearly gates and all that).
S&F&*squishy hug*

Oh, a question. How does a dream build up to a phone call ring or door buzzer, etc...before the alarm actually goes off (and miraculously sync's with the dream?) I want to know because it's happened to me.

I'm sure my question will get lost in all your fan mail
, but I will be waiting for your detailed response.
jacy

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

...Oh, a question. How does a dream build up to a phone call ring or door buzzer, etc...before the alarm actually goes off (and miraculously sync's with the dream?) I want to know because it's happened to me.

jacy

Why THANK YOU Ms Jacy,

That phenomenon has a lot to do with sea cucumbers.

Gx

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Oh that was wonderful!!!!!! Loved this Gordi! Loved the imagery and eloquence, the meeting of lost loved ones including the dog and the humor.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

...Oh, a question. How does a dream build up to a phone call ring or door buzzer, etc...before the alarm actually goes off (and miraculously sync's with the dream?) I want to know because it's happened to me.

jacy

That phenomenon has a lot to do with sea cucumbers.

I understand.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Aww, thanks Raine,
Much appreciated.
Gx

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

LOL - jacy - you know me so well!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

LOL - jacy - you know me so well!!!

Should I be afraid?

Hey, all this chit-chat is bumping your thread, lol!!
(I'm game...let's blast all the political threads outta here today!)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I think we NEED a "Cats v Cucumbers" thread!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wonderful story Gordi!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Thanks Jess.
You Rock!
Gx

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I think we NEED a "Cats v Cucumbers" thread!

Really?

I mean, we're all in sync with this cucumber thing, yet I don't rock.
Jess rocks.

"Where's the freaking pouty emoticon???"

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Should I be afraid?

I would be. No wait, I was thinking of Mason.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Really?

I mean, we're all in sync with this cucumber thing, yet I don't rock.
Jess rocks.

"Where's the freaking pouty emoticon???"

mwahahaaa!!!
Hang on.... I think I might need my BIG Keyboard for this one...

Jacy - YOU ROCK!

Now... bring me some more cucumber videos! STAT! LOL

Gxxx

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Good story Gordi!
It touched on some of the thought I would have.
Except the dog wouldn't pay attention to me unless I was holding a ball.
Great story!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Errollorre
Good story Gordi!
It touched on some of the thought I would have.
Except the dog wouldn't pay attention to me unless I was holding a ball.
Great story!

Kinky!.... no hang on...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

....Oh, a question. How does a dream build up to a phone call ring or door buzzer, etc...before the alarm actually goes off (and miraculously sync's with the dream?) I want to know because it's happened to me.

jacy

ooops, I almost forgot to give you a serious answer jacy. (sorry!)

My thinking on this subject is... that when you are asleep your senses are still active...
Your ears still work. It's a safety feature from thousands of years ago when horrible nasty creatures saw us as food.

I think that your ears maybe pick up the sound of the phone or alarm and incorporate that sound into the fabric of your dream, but your subconscious recognises that the sound is real and brings you to a waking state where... you then actually DO hear the phone or alarm "start" to ring.

OR

We can actually tap into the thought energies of people that we feel close to. Our family and close friends.
When the thought enters their head to call you, or visit... you might pick up on that energy... that thought... and you just "know" that the phone will ring or doorbell will buzz.
I have done that before myself.
We used to have a joke in our family, when the house phone rang... we would all shout "PHONE!!" and the LAST one to shout out would be the one who had to actually get up to answer it!
Well, I started to freak my family out by shouting "PHONE!" about 2 secs BEFORE it would start ringing!!
I hadn't even realised what had happened until I turned to see them all staring at me!

Doesn't explain an alarm clock of course... but that might just be someone having a VERY good internal clock.
(I don't need an alarm anymore, but when I used to have one... I got into the freaky habit of waking up SECONDS before the alarm clock sounded. I often had my hand poised over the snooze button before the alarm buzzer started.)

Maybe this needs its own thread?? LOL

Gx

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Great 'twist', it caught me off guard!

Perhaps your thoughts in the post above me do need their own thread...

Hmmm. I'll be waiting to read it.

Good job and good luck Big G

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Great story G!

It's always the alarm clock isn't it?

Read it again in my best Scottish accent, you know, for effect.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

This one make me laugh! I like it much very entertained very good writing style you have sir, but so many to read here I'm slow getting to all.

Very good Sir!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join