It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joining ATS for the first time! You guys are awesome!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Dear all,

First of all, I took the courage to finally make an account and join ATS. I am glad to see that there are people on this website that are crazy as me. So just to introduce myself. I am a recent medical school graduate and will be starting a medical residency as an internal medicine resident physician this upcoming July. I plan on pursuing the specialty of infectious diseases in the future, since the world of microbiology interests me greatly. One thing that I learned during medical school was to always question things that we do not understand, and to be quite frank, I am glad that I have joined this website because there are so many things in the world that do not make sense to me. I am willing to learn from the members on this site as well, since our lives are always about ever-changing and self-growth. Education is not only limited to what you learn in school, but to those that surround you as well. I am looking forward to reading the articles found on this website. I do understand that some topics I'll have to take with a grain of salt, but I will be posting in the medical forums! Anyway, it is my pleasure to be among you all and I am looking forward to learning from you all.

Warmest regards,

edit on 3/1/2017 by AlienMD because: Typos

edit on 3/1/2017 by AlienMD because: Typos

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
No you are awesome. Welcome to the club. The secret password is...................?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Thanks mate for the kind words, I am super excited to start posting on the forums once I hit the limit. I hope all is well with you.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Good avatar. You already rank higher on my list than all the schmucks around here without one.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienMD

Welcome aboard the crazy ship sailing across the sea of knowledge.

If you fall in the water we might not be able to rescue your sanity in time.

true story

haha

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Your post made the highlight of my night
! Are there a lot of horrible people on here? Yikes! I guess I'll have to stay wary of some posts! Thank you for giving me the heads up! The Predator has been one of my favorite characters since I was a kid, it was a real tragedy how Bill Paxton passed away. There was no way in hell I would join ATS without some sort of alien fascination!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I am hoping I do not drown in that sea of knowledge, something which I truly am scared of! I just have a quick question, I have to reply five times in order to begin threads in other forums is that right? I just wanted to make sure! Thanks!

edit on 3/1/2017 by AlienMD because: Additional information

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Could you please explain the job you will be starting. I wait with interest. Also looking forward to any threads you start.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Absolutely! I am a medical doctor who will be beginning a residency in internal medicine, I plan on moving into the speciality of infectious diseases to get further training on how to manage various infections! I have recently joined as a volunteer member with Doctors Without Borders and had the pleasure of meeting one of the nine Ebola survivors here in the United States. I will be posting more information as the days come by!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

yes you are free now

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Welcome. You are already a credit to this community.
Beware those with sharp knives!
Indulge in those with sharp minds!
Don't suffer idiots or fools!
edit on 1-3-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Lock the doors, We have another inmate !!!

You can't leave now. muwahaha..

Oh.. here's a cookie... but..

In stead, have a puppy !!

NO WAIT!!! I found more cookies !!

Now I must return to my people. I mean TV show... oO

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Welcome. You are already a credit to this community.
Beware those with sharp knives!
Indulge in those with sharp minds!
Don't suffer idiots or fools!

You sound like hannibal lector there slicing a part of the cops brain out and frying it up.

Knives and minds...

Beware anyone with a scalpel or a drill.. oO

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I just wanted to say welcome to ATS. I don't pop on here every day but did tonight.
I have a suspicion that having a black background, there is an option to change it, was originally black with no option to change it, helps me go to sleep. If it reduces blue light from mobile devices, maybe true. I'm not a medical student though. I'm an engineer. Welcome.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

We don't promise rose gardens here, but you do get to make your own bed,
...and i can't think of another, fitting metaphor.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

ATS is a good place. You'll have fun.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: savemebarry

We don't promise rose gardens here, but you do get to make your own bed,
...and i can't think of another, fitting metaphor.

Crikey, that explain all the thorns !! Oo

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Congratulations on your medical graduation and welcome to ATS, hope you find what you're looking for as their is plenty to feed your mind.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Great. I like to see others who have knowledge of medicine here. Maybe I can learn more from you. I like to examine alternate ways to correct common problems in health, based on scientific evidence that is available on the internet.

Welcome to the site.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun and games...actually we have no games, just fun. Good old fashioned tin foil hat fun, but a word of warning: there is a member called Cake that is nuts-squirrels storing for the winter nuts.

Jokes aside, It's good to have another member aboard.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join