It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seems tomatoes are in season!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
so, i ate some awesome tomatoes yesterday, fresh, good wholesome tasting, very clean no pesticides and non-gmo.
now this friday i will focus on one thing red tomatoes versus other herloom varities and sample them out doors at the farmers market.

Tomato is a juicy, nutritious fruit commonly eaten as a vegetable, is another wonderful gift of the Mayans to the world. This humble vegetable of Central America has seized the attention of millions of health seekers for its incredible nutritional properties. Interestingly, it has more health-benefiting compounds than that of some popular fruits like apple!

source
possibly i will try writing a recipie for stuffed tomatoes both fresh and cooked/baked..
have a great March folks!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
been craving them lately.

been getting some nice beefsteak maters and hollowing them out and filling them with tuna.
yum

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

thats a great idea! i might put melted cheese on top or try canned salmon...so many things to think about!
thanks for the idea!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Fresh toms in Feb? Lucky dog.

I cut the beef steaks in 1/2 and put pepper jack on top, then to the toaster over for about 3 min. Very nice. Here in Michigan we have about 6 months til local toms come back.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The webpage you referenced said to store ripe tomatoes in the refrigerator, gah! Heresy!

Never store fresh tomatoes in the fridge, it ruins the consistency of the fruit, it turns them into a mealy mess. If you are using the tomatoes for cooking, sauce or juice it's fine since the consistency and texture doesn't matter, but never for storing tomatoes for fresh eating.

Trust me, I know, I grow 10-15 tomato plants a year in my garden and have found this to be true everytime!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

My favorite food in the world!

I once worked in a customer's house where they grew all kinds of tomatoes. Nothing beats a fresh, warm tomato right off the vine.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

iknow......

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I can eat tomatoes but only about once a week. My forehead gets bumps on it, my side of mouth can get raw, and my stomach gets kind of iffy. It is probably metabolic intolerance. Oranges do the same thing if I eat them. They share a benzine chemistry I suppose, tied to a nitrogen chemistry.

I only realized this about five or six years ago when I started growing them and started to eat more of them. I actually didn't eat much tomatoes throughout my life,

I never knew why till I started to research this issue. I never liked ketchup either. But on occasion I would get a craving for tomatoes and would eat a whole 30 oz can of stewed tomatoes in place of a meal. Maybe I sensed I needed them or something.

A lot more people are intolerant to tomatoes than know they are intolerant to them. They just don't care for them, there is a reason even though they are not aware of it.
edit on 28-2-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Tomatoes are in season in my garden right now. Copious cherry tomatoes and I have just figured out the eating to many tomatoes makes my skin on my face red itchy and sire. So sad am I. I will experiment with just a few cos I do so much love tomatoes especially a good salsa, cooked tomatoes don't seen to affect me as much. (Effect or Affect never sure which one to use when.)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
everty one contributed perfect info,...thank you one and all

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The tommy toes (volunteer) will begin to sprout soon here if the weather continues on this warmer than usual path.
Unfortunately my body has decided to see anything tomato/tomato based as a threat and rids itself of the threat immediately.

We used to grow lots of tomatoes, all types, including the heirloom varieties and beefsteak and big boys for my mom's tomato sandwiches (which she lived on, practically, every summer).

Used to love making salsas, eating them on toast right out of the oven with herbed ricotta, bloody mary's and many salads.

*sigh* Enjoy the 'maters Peppy!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I bought some beefsteak tomatoes from Mexico the other day.
I was craving a maple bacon and tomato sandwich with mayo and pepper.
It REALLY hit the spot!!

Yum...I might have one for breakfast now,thanks for the reminder.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

i'm just eatin some milk duds and fish crackers now...some tea too...!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

What are fish duds? Ops I mean milk duds.
edit on 1-3-2017 by Cloudbuster because: Added extra info

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

movie theater food

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

? Popcorn? We have milk biscuit which is basically a block of milk powder usually flavored, I think they were for war rations originally., use to buy them s the school tuck shop for lunch. Anyways enjoy the movie.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

ithought you said raisons..and that hoddit food

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Mutton yesterday, mutton today and blimey if ain't mutton tomorrow. Confusitcate and bebothered these dwarfs.
edit on 1-3-2017 by Cloudbuster because: Spelling duh

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join