It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Internet Outage Sweeping Northeast

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

Dude... POS is so vulnerable.

I suggest using Aloha.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: reldra

Sounds like informational engineering to me.

Step 1: cause major internet outage
Step 2: convince the masses to dump their data on the cloud
Step 3: NSA compromises the cloud
Step 4: NWO uses our own data against us

I say # the cloud and # Amazon

Our wealth of baby pictures will be compromised!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Might be those kids from Macedonia again !!

Panic.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Irony.

The net was created to survive a nuclear war.

So people.

Don't hold your breathe.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's high time we create the Internet 2.0, I think that's the dark web, no?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Our society is too reliant on a system that is too vulnerable.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Nope.

The Darknet is the abyss of the internet where people buy illegal things, and services.

The darknet is like the EBAY of criminal enterprise.

At least that's my understanding.

The internet 2.0 would be a more resilient system with redundancy upon redundancy, that would take a lot of $$.

The wired system has it's advantages.

Wireless system has it's advantages.

Both have their drawbacks.

We are always at the mercy of technology.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just imagine if we had a fire sale...

We'd screwed, blued, and tattooed.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just imagine if we had a fire sale...

We'd screwed, blued, and tattooed.

It's just a matter of when, not if.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I'm starting to understand that. 23 years in this business and I finally break down and get one....Grrrrr.

I always said that I didn't trust it, but I went against my gut.

What is Aloha? I use Toast.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I honestly think society could bounce back from the net getting taken down.

Things would be quite nuts for a while, but the old infrastructure is still fresh in the minds of most adults over 30. We would bounce back.

But, yeah....Randy Marsh from South Park's "Over Logging" episodes comes to mind.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Didn't Amazon get a giant $600 million private Cloud contract with the CIA in the last year or so? Wonder if that "parnership" has anything to do with this outage.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Didn't Amazon get a giant $600 million private Cloud contract with the CIA in the last year or so? Wonder if that "parnership" has anything to do with this outage.

Possible reaction experiment in progress !!

A "Test" for the national emergency "Kill Switch".

They have to make sure the "Switch" doesn't cut off the CIA/NSA connections !!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
My typical 4G LTE has been out for two days. I'm on lowly 3g for the time being.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Amazon Web Services is the cloud services arm of Amazon, and its Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is used by everyone from Netflix to Reddit. When it goes down — or experiences any type of increased latency or errors — it causes major issues downstream, preventing content from loading on web pages and causing requests to fail.

“We’ve identified the issue as high error rates with S3 in US-EAST-1,” Amazon explains on its services tracking page, adding that the issue “is also impacting applications and services dependent on S3. We are actively working on remediating the issue.”

I had no idea an Amazon failure could cause all of this. This article is as of 2 hours ago.

Va Tech Collegiate Times

FOX News

A cute tweet

@ david hunegnaw‏ 2 hours ago
More
Throw your stuff in the cloud, they said.

The cloud never goes down, they said.

It was just amazon...all is back up now. I posted about it earlier.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Possible reaction experiment in progress !!

A "Test" for the national emergency "Kill Switch".

They have to make sure the "Switch" doesn't cut off the CIA/NSA connections !!

When the main shareholder in one of the very largest corporations in the world benefits from a massive contract with the CIA on the one hand, and that same billionaire owns the Washington Post on the other hand, there are serious problems. The Post is unquestionably the political paper of record in the United States, and how it covers governance sets the agenda for the balance of the news media. Citizens need to know about this conflict of interest in the columns of the Post itself.

Amazon, 'The Washington Post', and that $600 million contract with the CIA

Think about this.

That's because Amazon Web Services will help the CIA build a "private cloud" filled with technologies like big data,

What could go wrong here? An open critic of our president, Jeff Bezos, not only owns The Washington Post and Amazon, but with their Cloud Technology will have access to CIA big data.

Now I'm wondering about how WaPo is always getting those juicy "leaks"....hmmmmm.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Amazon Web Services is the cloud services arm of Amazon, and its Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is used by everyone from Netflix to Reddit. When it goes down — or experiences any type of increased latency or errors — it causes major issues downstream, preventing content from loading on web pages and causing requests to fail.

“We’ve identified the issue as high error rates with S3 in US-EAST-1,” Amazon explains on its services tracking page, adding that the issue “is also impacting applications and services dependent on S3. We are actively working on remediating the issue.”

I had no idea an Amazon failure could cause all of this. This article is as of 2 hours ago.

Va Tech Collegiate Times

FOX News

A cute tweet

@ david hunegnaw‏ 2 hours ago
More
Throw your stuff in the cloud, they said.

The cloud never goes down, they said.

By the way...cloud is just the latest term for hosted data centers....nothing new and yes they can go down. The highest uptime you can get is nine 9's....it appears amazon only has between 3 and 4 9's...kinda sad considering who they are.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That's because Amazon Web Services will help the CIA build a "private cloud" filled with technologies like big data,

What could go wrong here? An open critic of our president, Jeff Bezos, not only owns The Washington Post and Amazon, but with their Cloud Technology will have access to CIA big data.

Now I'm wondering about how WaPo is always getting those juicy "leaks"....hmmmmm.

A great point.

Needs more exploring !!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Actually, the green light was given to Amazon Cloud services for the $600m CIA contract at the end of 2013.

Just thinking out loud. Not saying there is a connection, but since that time, our government has had two huuuuuge data breaches.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA:

The intelligence community is about to get the equivalent of an adrenaline shot to the chest. This summer, a $600 million computing cloud developed by Amazon Web Services for the Central Intelligence Agency over the past year will begin servicing all 17 agencies that make up the intelligence community. If the technology plays out as officials envision, it will usher in a new era of cooperation and coordination, allowing agencies to share information and services much more easily and avoid the kind of intelligence gaps that preceded the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
www.theatlantic.com...

This is not healthy!!!

edit on 28-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join