It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F35's for export

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Whats the difference between what the USA will have and the models another country like Canada would be getting? How does the F35 compare to say a F22 or a F18 superhornet?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Good question, I'm sure that someone in the know will come in and spread the knowledge around.

As I know it the F-35 is a package deal where all participating nations have a equal right to technologies researched.

The engine, airframe, software etc.

That being said the system will be compatible with other technologies and systems, it'll be a given that no F-35 of different nations will be exactly the same.

Tbh, I'm not exactly sure on specifics. The F-22 for instance is kind of a forerunner of the F-35, it is not for export under any circumstances. Therefore it would be safe to assume that in holds technologies that the USA will not even allow even allies to have access to.

It's worth remembering that the F-35 is a joint venture between multiple nations.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Not much. Weapons, a few systems. It all depends on which country you're talking about. Israel is making some fairly radical changes to the EW and other systems, where Norway is only adding a few different weapons to the basic aircraft.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I seem to recall you said the RCS might differ a bit as well .

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Yeah, it will vary from nation to nation as they make changes. Some of the changes will affect the RCS slightly. It won't be a huge amount, but it will vary.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I thought it was more of , US - small ball bearing , Uk - marble , Aus - golf ball type of thing .

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Pretty close. More like tiny ball bearing, small marble, medium marble if that.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Well we must be doing something right as we are getting the growlers .Pretty excited about that and was a little stunned at the price .

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Only operator outside the US.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Off topic i know but i heard a story that the f22 was not made available overseas was in part because Aegis technology might have crept out of japan to china .

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

At the time, the F-22 was just short of bleeding edge. There was no way they were going to let the tech out.

Personally, and this is my opinion, I think it was more if we exported it to Japan or Australia there was no stopping it from going to Israel, and this was right after it appeared that they sent Lockheed tech from the Lavi program to China.
edit on 2/28/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I always thought it was Japan .

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Japan was Russia. In the 80s they sold machining to them and helped them with the screws for their subs, leading to a hell of a shock when the Akula started sneaking up on LA class boats.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I can definitely see why these bans are in place.

However, considering all that was said, given those leaks, whats not to say that F35 technology doesn't end up in the hands of "hostile" nations?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

It may, but at best it would give them a kick start for something. Hell, China already hacked a bunch of it off computer servers.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
id argue that there isnt a whole lot in the f-35 that isnt out there for anyone to know allready that would want to know those things. im still of the belief that if its out in the open we allready have systems developed and flying to defeat it.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

You know, stuff like that just makes me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo angry and heated. Somebody had to of gotten fired for that hack. Damn, all that climbing, only for the chinese to find it. Ugh. I really do get upset, as an American I guess it's only nature I'd take it personal.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Trust me, you aren't the only one.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

When there is no repercussion why wouldn't they. Pisses me off too.

new topics

top topics

join