It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American college of Pediatricians: Gender Ideology harms children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Thank Christ,

Finally a respected and genuine medical, scientific government agency has come out and said what most normal people have been thinking.
Telling children they are male or female when they are not or telling out right lies and claiming there are multiple genders is not only delusional but actually harmful.

American college of Pediatricians

1. Human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait: “XY” and “XX” are genetic markers of male and female, respectively – not genetic markers of a disorder.
2. No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one.
3. A person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking.

8. Conditioning children into believing a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful is child abuse.

As Ive said in other threads I have nothing against Trans people, I became friends with several in Laos (nothing dodgy, they played pool at my local) and purely as courtesy I called them "she/her" but everyone knew they were blokes.
In the same way Id call a kid wearing a cape superman Ill call a man in a dress a chick, no skin off my nose.
Ill be honest I dont even have an issue with the bathroom thing in principal, Im sure that before the MSM made this an issue many trans people used whatever bathroom without incident and probably without notice.

My real issue with this topic and many others is purely that there seems to be an agenda out there to make people believe and fight for things that are inherently false.

There are not multiple genders, there are 2 and pushing or believing anything different is delusional at best and outright deliberate deception at worst.

Wish I aware of this study a few weeks ago when some Trans defender was telling me how Drs are all in agreement thats its a real issue

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Finally a respected and genuine medical, scientific government agency has come out and said what most normal people have been thinking.

No, you haven't found any of those things. In stead, you found the American College of Pediatrics, a far-right hate group disguised as a health organization. They purposefully mislead with their name as it is similar to the real organization, American Academy of Pediatrics.

Here are their official positions:

The American College of Pediatricians releases official policy positions on their website. Some of the organization's policy stances include:[13] Discouraging the adoption of children by same-sex couples or single parents; Limiting children's exposure to electronic media, particularly in relation to explicit violent and sexual content; Parental choice as to when and whether a child receives the HPV vaccine. ACPeds opposes legislation requiring HPV vaccination; Support for selective parental use of spanking in child discipline; Opposition to abortion and euthanasia; Opposition to gender reassignment, including the use of puberty blockers; Support for abstinence until marriage sex education rather than "comprehensive sex education", based on “the public health principle of primary prevention – risk avoidance in lieu of risk reduction.” [14]

This is a Christian organization, not a health organization. Nothing coming from them can be trusted any more than you could trust studies on ethnicity by Stormfront.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Does this mean that I've been harming kids by telling them that if they hold their breath they can float off buildings?

Pretty much the same thing.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

In fact, here's an article by the real American Academy of Pediatrics: Study on outcomes of preadolescent trans kids.

Stop confusing real doctors and scientists with cultists.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
You don't have to be as thick as pile of dogs##t to understand that liberal gender ideologies are harmful to children. There is NO arguement.

But PLEASE, can someone who thinks "you are whatever gender you identify with" answer me this. If President Trump suddenly 'identifies' as a woman, would YOU then agree that heshe is the first female President?
No?
I didn't think so, cos that would just be DUMB
edit on 28 2 2017 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Finally a respected and genuine medical, scientific government agency has come out and said what most normal people have been thinking. Telling children they are male or female when they are not or telling out right lies and claiming there are multiple genders is not only delusional but actually harmful.

I followed Abysha's point and found a policy statement by the actual American Academy of Pediatrics on trans issues:

"The message some public leaders have chosen is not the message we should be telling transgender children and teens. The message of the American Academy of Pediatrics to transgender youth is this: we support you, and we will speak up for you. And so today, we do. We urge the governor of North Carolina and all other states considering similar measures to reconsider and repeal these harmful policies, and in so doing, stand up for transgender children."
Link to AAP statement

Here's another joint letter supporting rights and identities of trans.

It looks like the ACP are a political group with less than 1% of the number of members in the AAP. Like any politically-biased group, they'll touch a nerve with populations who agree with their politics. In their case, they represent a small minority voice compared to the 99% of doctors who are not anti-trans.

These days, people will then define doctors as having a "Liberal agenda" and I don't know if that's the case. It's not like it matters anymore either way. If we like what we read it's 'correct' or 'fair.' If we don't, it's an 'agenda' or a 'bias.'

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
You don't have to be as thick as pile of dogs##t to understand that liberal gender ideologies are harmful to children. There is NO arguement.

But PLEASE, can someone who thinks "you are whatever gender you identify with" answer me this. If President Trump suddenly 'identifies' as a woman, would YOU then agree that heshe is the first female President?
No?
I didn't think so, cos that would just be DUMB

pff, why not? Why should I even care if someone uses his/her own rights to his/her own person to be what he/she wants to be?

Who am I to tell someone how to live their lives? Besides my children that is, but even if they would decide to change their gender (if informed enough about this step), I would be cool with it.

It is not dumb.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

No, you haven't found any of those things. In stead, you found the American College of Pediatrics, a far-right hate group disguised as a health organization. They purposefully mislead with their name as it is similar to the real organization, American Academy of Pediatrics.

Here are their official positions:

The American College of Pediatricians releases official policy positions on their website. Some of the organization's policy stances include:[13] Discouraging the adoption of children by same-sex couples or single parents; Limiting children's exposure to electronic media, particularly in relation to explicit violent and sexual content; Parental choice as to when and whether a child receives the HPV vaccine. ACPeds opposes legislation requiring HPV vaccination; Support for selective parental use of spanking in child discipline; Opposition to abortion and euthanasia; Opposition to gender reassignment, including the use of puberty blockers; Support for abstinence until marriage sex education rather than "comprehensive sex education", based on “the public health principle of primary prevention – risk avoidance in lieu of risk reduction.” [14]

This is a Christian organization, not a health organization. Nothing coming from them can be trusted any more than you could trust studies on ethnicity by Stormfront.

Im not Christian and other than the abortion thing (Im pro choice) Im onboard with everything they believe

Other than abortion which of their policies do you disagree with?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

In fact, here's an article by the real American Academy of Pediatrics: Study on outcomes of preadolescent trans kids.

Stop confusing real doctors and scientists with cultists.

Its funny because Im sure everything you said about me and my source could be said of yours.

Im sure yours if a far left funded feelings fest that has cultish tendencies

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

"The message some public leaders have chosen is not the message we should be telling transgender children and teens. The message of the American Academy of Pediatrics to transgender youth is this: we support you, and we will speak up for you. And so today, we do. We urge the governor of North Carolina and all other states considering similar measures to reconsider and repeal these harmful policies, and in so doing, stand up for transgender children."

Yep just as I thought

No science, no even circumstantial evidence, just a bunch of feelings and cuddles for people who might feel marginalised.
And you guys reckon my source is cultish, geez

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

There is so much goddamn science on this forum and in WPATH and in a dozen other places that has been presented to you several several times.

Don't get all pissy just because you got caught posting a hoax organization.

You choose to ignore it when it is presented to you, deflect it when it's presented again, and then complain when it's not there for you to dismiss.

Jesus, you guys are getting more predictable every day.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Finally a respected and genuine medical, scientific government agency

the ACP is NONE of the above

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

In point of fact this organization is nothing of the sort. It's a private organization with no ties to the govt whatsoever.

Either you're confused as to the identity of this group, or you're practicing deliberate obfuscation.

Read the following at the bottom of this groups blog page, which takes on click and a short scroll to the bottom...

In 2002 a group of Pediatricians got together and complained. They complained to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) – the existing professional organization of Pediatricians – because this small group perceived that the AAP was supporting a social agenda without good scientific basis. This group knows that human life begins at conception and should be protected from that moment until the time of natural death – no abortions and no euthanasia. They also are aware that a child is best reared in a home that has both a mother and father who are the biological parents, love each other and love their children.

Who would find that controversial? Many would apparently, including the AAP which once knew these things as well but no longer affirms these facts. Complaints to the AAP were unheeded and as a result the American College of Pediatricians was birthed. Please visit the website and let us know what you think. From small beginnings big things can come and we currently have members across the United States and in many foreign countries.

The intent of this blog is to inform and entertain. We hope you will find we have meet those two goals. Please give us your feedback as we post to the blog.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
If I were morbidly obese and identified as an extremely thin anorexic, would I be able to slip into an extremely small pair of pants? If I really believed that I could, I'd be considered delusional at best.

Sometimes when it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, that doesn't make it a duck. Thank goodness there isn't a medical procedure to transition a human into a duck, at least yet. Perhaps the 1932 movie "Freaks" gave us a foreshadowing of the future.

edit on 28-2-2017 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added an extra comment

edit on 28-2-2017 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Yep. Just look at the numbers to tell you what's what. ACP has only 500 members. AAP has over 60,000 members. I'll go with the AAP for an official statement of what Pediatricians in the U.S. are saying/researching/studying about gender dysphoria in children.

To the OP: don't feel too bad. This exact thing has been tried before on ATS, so someone else did the same thing you did. Wait, that wasn't you, was it?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Let's hear a different view than the normal liberal view of transgender issues. I'll quote some important parts from the article, since I know most won't even open to read since it goes against their confirmation bias. Hell, I'm guilty of that too especially when a CNN link is tossed out.

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

He also reported on a new study showing that the suicide rate among transgendered people who had reassignment surgery is 20 times higher than the suicide rate among non-transgender people. Dr. McHugh further noted studies from Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”

“This intensely felt sense of being transgendered constitutes a mental disorder in two respects. The first is that the idea of sex misalignment is simply mistaken – it does not correspond with physical reality. The second is that it can lead to grim psychological outcomes.”

Dr. McHugh also reported that there are “misguided doctors” who, working with very young children who seem to imitate the opposite sex, will administer “puberty-delaying hormones to render later sex-change surgeries less onerous – even though the drugs stunt the children’s growth and risk causing sterility.”

Such action comes “close to child abuse,” said Dr. McHugh, given that close to 80% of those kids will “abandon their confusion and grow naturally into adult life if untreated ….”

“’Sex change’ is biologically impossible,” said McHugh. “People who undergo sex-reassignment surgery do not change from men to women or vice versa. Rather, they become feminized men or masculinized women. Claiming that this is civil-rights matter and encouraging surgical intervention is in reality to collaborate with and promote a mental disorder.”

So basically, my stance is against this movement. I hope the people going through this can eventually find the help that they actually need. If it is actually transforming your body to fix your mind, then so be it. I just feel if this is going to happen they should be required to be an adult, since there are still conflicting views. It doesn't affect me either way. I just don't think laws should be changed yet and this should definitely not be administered to kids yet in my opinion.

Source

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Closed for staff review.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Of course it harms children. I mentioned this the other day on Twitter to someone who then tweeted back that I was a 'racist' & 'Bigot' and should get out and see the world. LOL. I then pointed out that the LGBQT comunity were to blame for such nonsense and he said 'now this is because you want to be one' LOL. I said 'ok, I'm leaving this discussion as you obviously can't discuss aything like this without getting angry and accusing me of beng 'Racist' or 'bigot'.

Have to laugh at these Lefties sometimes... they are contributing to the downfall of the Human race!

Complete idiots.

new topics

top topics

join