It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just curious. Are you Trump supporters happy with the following?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Raggedyman

Well, I doubt that Mr Trump can be accurately said to be behaving in a manner which is in accordance with the wishes of the majority. The majority did not vote for his policies, after all.

So you think 1 state that hosts sanctuary cities and doesn't have any checks and balances to prevent illegals from voting should decide who's president? Seriously it's time for you to drop this lame argument, It's not even on topic.

On topic: As a Trump supporter I don't support this policy if true, but as others have pointed out. I haven't seen anything other than comments from Spicer that it's even going to happen, so I'll stand by and wait until more happens.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

86% approval rating from people polled at CPAC. i would say he has a 40% approval rating and it's falling fast, people are getting sick of his ego, and starting to see through his crap. the other day when he went on that tirade at his press conference, that was the beginning of the end.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
create scapegoats, deny science, belittle the media, increase military spending, restrict personal freedoms.... you guys will cut off your nose to spite your face!!!!!!!!

Same as the left except they make up science and tax everyone for it. Then go out and collude with the media to manipulate the narrative, then pat each other on their backs while laughing at the tax payers.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Not only will I not drop the issue, I will have to insist that you read what I wrote and respond to that, rather than invent an argument to respond to.

What I said, is that Mr Trump, is not behaving in accordance with the wishes of the majority. That is an actual FACT. Yes, he became President. No, as of yet he has not started to represent the majority, despite the fact that no matter the outcome of the Presidential race, the winner has a duty to represent and be a President for ALL the people of the United States, rather than just the part of it that voted him in, who, again, are in the minority.

I am not saying that his position was not gained legitimately. I am saying that his behaviour indicates that he has no wish to represent the majority of voting people. There is a big difference.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: droid56
a reply to: droid56

Come on conservatives. Come on and say people should have the freedom to do what they want as long as they don't hurt others.

It's the facists on the left...

It's the facists on the left who believe that it's ok to physically attack people who have a different opinion than them.

Fascists on the left?
What did I just read?

Fascism is a far right ideology, it's just slightly more right than nationalism. Which Trump is.

I think you misunderstand the world fascist.

No, I think you do!

That's it! As I posted in another thread, more than 85% of people who use the word "fascist" have absolutely no idea what the term actually means! Apparently you must be (another) among them. Fascism is NOT a trait unique to either the left or the right! In fact, if you look at the very origins of the term, culturally, one might conclude (erroneously) it is almost exclusively left. However, it is neither.

Please use the term correctly, or don't use it at all.

edit on 2/28/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

So it looks like the Trump team are going to go after states that have legalized recreational marijuana. Are you okay with this.
Trump wants to up the military budget by 50 plus billion dollars when the US military budget is already more than the next ten nations combined.

Just curious whether you think these are good ideas. To me, I think these are not good ideas. Freeking insane is my opinion.

Got a link somewhere that has this info or is it just speculating?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Not only will I not drop the issue, I will have to insist that you read what I wrote and respond to that, rather than invent an argument to respond to.

What I said, is that Mr Trump, is not behaving in accordance with the wishes of the majority. That is an actual FACT. Yes, he became President. No, as of yet he has not started to represent the majority, despite the fact that no matter the outcome of the Presidential race, the winner has a duty to represent and be a President for ALL the people of the United States, rather than just the part of it that voted him in, who, again, are in the minority.

I am not saying that his position was not gained legitimately. I am saying that his behaviour indicates that he has no wish to represent the majority of voting people. There is a big difference.

When more people in a country DON'T exercise their right to vote than those who DO, then how the hell do you know who the majority is?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Come on conservatives. Come on and say people should have the freedom to do what they want as long as they don't hurt others.

It's the facists on the left...

It's the facists on the left who believe that it's ok to physically attack people who have a different opinion than them.

Fascists on the left?
What did I just read?

Fascism is a far right ideology, it's just slightly more right than nationalism. Which Trump is.

I think you misunderstand the world fascist.

I think you forget the left and right switched positions in the US long ago. Even Lincoln was Republican...you know...the guy that did all that slave stuff....

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

For my part, no, I do not support this policy by Trump. It's one of the few areas where I think he is bending to the staunch republican base, likely pandering for support among some of the establishment elite. In my heart of hearts I believe he couldn't give a hoot (personally), but sees this cause as a harmless tradeoff for support on issues which are more important to him.

I live in 'the' pot state, and though I don't partake (at all) I can't see that its legalization has really done anything significantly harmful. Sure, there are some problematic laws surrounding its legalization which are VERY problematic, but these problem stem from national laws, not state. So no, I do not agree with this policy.

There, you heard me say I don't agree with something Trump did! WOO-HOOOOOooo! Take it for what it's worth though, I'm a realist and I don't expect to agree with every single thing a leader does. I view all leaders this way, both right and left. This is far cry from detesting everything a leader does. The left might do well to understand this distinction, as they "fish" for any tiny little shreds of what they perceive as chinks in Trumps armor.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Ummm...You Sir...are a libertarian...or at least this ideal you espouse is...

This is an enlightened concept...

True freedom...is a study in both cause and effect...a recognition that there is no freedom without responsibility for action...thought...word or deed...

True freedom doesn't loose the bonds of society...rather it tightens them...as ones awareness of place within the construct evolves...one merely replaces hubris with a careful consideration of action...choice and reaction...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Marijuana is a killer. A lot of people who use it wind up dealing with various psychiatric conditions. As do people deal who endure mental, physical or sexual abuse.

A google search will lead you to studies that show a link to the development of psychological conditions and marijuana.

I say do the same thing with marijuana as you would a child sex predator. Get them off the street.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
Marijuana is a killer. A lot of people who use it wind up dealing with various psychiatric conditions.

Interesting... so do people who breathe, those who eat food, and those who watch CNN.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
In my post a moment ago I referenced some problem areas with pot legalization. I will expand on what I was referring to here...

A couple months ago I was talking to a City police officer about the legalization of marijuana. Knowing off-duty cops often take side jobs as security I inquired what he thought of the new laws. His response surprised me. He said he hated them, but only because the City specifically prohibits them from working security on anything to do with marijuana. The reason? Too much cash on hand. This is an example of unintended consequence from these new laws.

The problem is, no banks will issue vendors who sell marijuana (legally) a 'merchant ID', and with no merchant ID they cannot take credit cards. Nobody in the business would be foolish enough to take a personal check for payment, so this leaves only cash. Piles and piles of cash! Large suitcase loads of cash, upon cash and more CASH! They're literally drowning in cash. The reason bank card companies won't issue merchant ID's is because their cards are valid in multiple states, therefore they could technically be viewed as being involved in what effectively amounts to 'money laundering' in states where marijuana remains illegal.

That much cash in one place attracts attention, the wrong kind of attention. It makes vendors targets for robbery, and they're screaming for armed protection, but the cities are prohibiting officers from working these details on the side because they're simply too dangerous. (That, and there's an undertone of the potential for theft/graft, etc...and in some cases the 'color' of the money is questionable).

So, just some background on some of the real-world issues that come up.

edit on 2/28/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

a reply to: VengefulGhost

Shouldn't people have the right to decide what they do to their bodies? It's their body. Not anybody else.

When they make bad choices that destroy society they cross the line .

Bad choices like what exactly?..Like whether to have the Cheerios or the Doritos or both on a peanut butter sammich...dude, it's a bit of Marijuana we are talking about here.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

So it looks like the Trump team are going to go after states that have legalized recreational marijuana.

I don't like it, but how can he go after states and cities that are in violation of federal immigration laws while looking the other way when they are in violation of federal drug laws?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I first want to say I DO NOT LIKE MARAJUANA personally, however,
These are some of the things I have learned about it through the years from a dea agent, who did some medical training with a relative of mine:

Drug dealers are now lacing marajuana with Fentanyl to keep their customers coming back. This then leads to heroin addiction, which is running rampant thru our country right now. Kids are getting hooked without realizing it. Next you have drop-out rates increasing, these kids are committing serious crimes before they even become adults to pay for this new addiction, which only about 1-2% can overcome.

Thus leading, to a never-ending revolving door to the hospitals and emts that have to deal with this on the daily. Which costs the taxpayers dearly. Narcan given out at the rates they are has to be costly. Not to mention the monthly hospital stays for bogus injuries to reup on their adavan or whatever they can weasel out of the drs.

Legalizing, would elimate the criminal element, increase tax revenues.

marajuana has helped victims of PTSD, and no one has ever died from it, that I know of!

I also feel that anyone who sells to a child under legal age should do hard time.

edit on 28-2-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

and no one has ever overdosed on it.

Actually that's not true. My uncle OD'ed on THC tablets back in the day. He may be the only documented case ever, but we're a bunch of mediocre Caucasians, so I find that hard to believe.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I stand corrected!

Sorry for your loss!

Admittedly, I don't have the answer, just throwing out more things to think about re: legalization

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Heh, so what exactly are you saying????

You seem to be having an argument with yourself!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Legalize it, stiffer penalties for anyone who illegally sells it, especially if they sell to children.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join