It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump budget to increase defense, slash EPA, other agencies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

edit on 2/27/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

link   
It wouldn't bother me to see the EPA dismantled. There isn't any reason that the State's Environmental Agencies can't handle the job.

When you have the EPA tell environmental groups how to sue it in Federal Court so they can fund themselves from the settlements, it is time for the EPA to go.

Next on deck, the Department of Education.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Unneeded? According to you. The Marines lost something like 16 people last year to accidents that didn't need to happen, and only happened because of lack of funding for maintenance and flying time. So your idea is to keep pushing things and killing people?

To me. Military = war. If we are spending money on it, then we want to use it. I don't want to build up our military and would rather this spending went to that other thing that Trump promised. That thing that is being conveniently ignored now in favor of building up a tool of destruction. Infrastructure.

What evidence do you have that Infrastructure is being ignored?
Why would you make a statement like that?

Do you have any evidence that it is being catered to? You don't prove a negative, mate.

There is evidence in the form of one of the first EO's he signed.
Executive Order Expediting Environmental Reviews and Approvals For High Priority Infrastructure Projects

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I was trying to be a bit subtle with my point because I assumed you were following along from my initial post within the thread. The reason I posted that link was to show that military budget is wasted by Congress. CLEARLY the funds going to buy these tanks could go to funding other things in dire need of fixing in the military. Why isn't that being done first? Instead we ABSOLUTELY need this injection of new funding? No. I'm not buying it. Clean up the spending waste first, then I'll consider the repair angle.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Unneeded? According to you. The Marines lost something like 16 people last year to accidents that didn't need to happen, and only happened because of lack of funding for maintenance and flying time. So your idea is to keep pushing things and killing people?

To me. Military = war. If we are spending money on it, then we want to use it. I don't want to build up our military and would rather this spending went to that other thing that Trump promised. That thing that is being conveniently ignored now in favor of building up a tool of destruction. Infrastructure.

What evidence do you have that Infrastructure is being ignored?
Why would you make a statement like that?

Do you have any evidence that it is being catered to? You don't prove a negative, mate.

There is evidence in the form of one of the first EO's he signed.
Executive Order Expediting Environmental Reviews and Approvals For High Priority Infrastructure Projects

EO's mean dick. Where is the infrastructure spending allocation in his budget proposal?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

edit on 2/27/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Oh great.

Now we're going to become an inhumane military power.

Just call us China 2.

ROFL.

That happened DECADES ago.

For someone who is allegedly 70+ you didn't follow events very well

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Sure, let's just go on killing our own soldiers while they take years cleaning up the waste spending. Let's just let things get even worse, and spend even more money on the repairs that would be needed then, instead of spending less now.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Sure, let's just go on killing our own soldiers while they take years cleaning up the waste spending. Let's just let things get even worse, and spend even more money on the repairs that would be needed then, instead of spending less now.

That's what Trump is about to do to the EPA (a department I feel will be needed FAR more than the military in the coming years and decades), so you aren't exactly making me feel sympathetic here. By the way, I'm a veteran if you don't know.
edit on 27-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

That's what Trump is about to do to the EPA, so you aren't exactly making me feel sympathetic here. By the way, I'm a veteran if you don't know.

Trump is going to kill soldiers by slashing the epa funding???

link   

Not spending the money on maintenance is exactly why so many soldiers died, and planes went down last year, and is continuing this year. But hey, if you're fine with that, then more power to you. Me on the other hand, I hate watching soldiers die in stupid accidents that could have been prevented.

link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I would just as soon downsize the military enough so that you can reallocate funds to fix the stuff that remains. More people will die and fall sick to relaxed EPA regulations than faulty military tech, by the way.
edit on 27-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

That's what Trump is about to do to the EPA, so you aren't exactly making me feel sympathetic here. By the way, I'm a veteran if you don't know.

Trump will be killing FAR more than soldiers by slashing the EPA's funding.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

How did you come to that conclusion?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I doubt it but believe what you want.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

How did you come to that conclusion?

Because the EPA exists for a reason and relaxing standards will only result in more cases like Flint, MI.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

In any case, the EPA is about protecting our environment and nature that we live in. The military is used to destroy nature and our environment. My priorities lie with the EPA over the military.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

And the EPA being what it is now, is more bloated than the military is. And actually does less.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently found itself in hot water. The New York Times revealed the agency colluded with environmentalist groups in a campaign to manufacture public comments in favor of a new rule that expands its own power. The agency’s actions and the shenanigans of its environmentalist supporters shed light on how a bad rule can flow through the regulatory process.

The Waters of the United States (WOTUS) rule extends the reach of EPA to regulate ponds, ditches and even large puddles under the Clean Water Act (CWA). That’s bad news for farmers, ranchers, small businesses or anyone else who wants to use land under CWA jurisdiction: It costs an average of $270,000 to obtain the special permit required to do so, according to the National Federation of Independent Businesses.

thehill.com...

Today, the Environmental Protection Agency is one of the most powerful and most feared regulatory agencies in the country. What was originally intended to be an agency with a relatively modest charter has become much more powerful. The EPA is now claiming unrestrained authority to issue regulations that have major negative consequences for the American economy with little or no accountability to Congress.

Among the most onerous examples of EPA overstepping its authority is the agency's efforts to regulate greenhouse gasses. The EPA has been aided and abetted in its crusade by a controversial 5-4 U.S. Supreme Court decision in Massachusetts v. EPA. According to the Supreme Court, because the definition of air pollution in the Clean Air Act is so imprecisely broad, it can be interpreted to grant the EPA the ability to regulate greenhouse gasses.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Why does the EPA need a $715 million police force, a $170 million PR Machine, a nearly $1 billion employment agency for seniors, and a $1.2 billion in-house law firm?

www.forbes.com... c088e5575ac

The EPA is an example of a government organization run amok. Like so many other things, they did good things once, but now they're out of control, and a power unto themselves, with little oversight.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

In any case, the EPA is about protecting our environment and nature that we live in. The military is used to destroy nature and our environment. My priorities lie with the EPA over the military.

Sure by taxing the hell out of the little guy, you sure don't sound like a vet to me, probably dropped out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join