It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Spicer targets own staff in leak crackdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Okay, let's try this again. In all seriousness.

sigh.

Last week, after Spicer became aware that information had leaked out of a planning meeting with about a dozen of his communications staffers, he reconvened the group in his office to express his frustration over the number of private conversations and meetings that were showing up in unflattering news stories, according to sources in the room.

Upon entering Spicer’s office for what one person briefed on the gathering described as “an emergency meeting,” staffers were told to dump their phones on a table for a “phone check," to prove they had nothing to hide.

Spicer, who consulted with White House counsel Don McGahn before calling the meeting, was accompanied by White House lawyers in the room, according to multiple sources.

Sean Spicer called his staff into a meeting to discuss leakage of information.
The meeting was leaked immediately to the press.

This is what transparency really is, ladies and gentlemen.
There should be no "secrets" in a transparent government....and it's been a number of years now (this entire century!) that people are demanding government transparency.
For whatever good it does, the internet is a wide-open look at the state of our world.

Now. Trump is an embarrassment for many millions of people. Keep in mind that he did NOT win the popular vote. His cabinet is disastrous, and Steve Bannon is largely seen as the de-facto POTUS now. It is increasingly obvious that Trump does not have what it takes to govern (mostly lack of experience). He is too enthralled with his own fame, and too thin-skinned to deal with criticism.

That is spilling out onto everyone who comes near him now, and everyone who voted for him.
He's not going to change.

So. Spicer made headlines this morning when someone leaked that there was a meeting about leaks and how leaks are not okay with him.

Now, let's talk about leakers, and how many people didn't want Trump, and still don't. How many people (millions and millions) have been peacefully protesting, and calling out legislators (who as often as not run away from being questioned)? How many times have those people been maligned and scoffed at? How long must non-Trump people tolerate being browbeaten? Shunned? Refused entry?

This is not fake news. This is real news. It's really happening. And thinking it can be stopped is, well, naive.

So what do we do now?

edit on 2/27/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Spicer also warned the group of more problems if news of the phone checks and the meeting about leaks was leaked to the media.

It's not the first time that warnings about leaks have promptly leaked.

The State Department's legal office issued a four-page memo warning of the dangers of leaks, and that memo was immediately posted by The Washington Post.

But with mounting tension inside the West Wing over stories portraying an administration lurching between crises and simmering in dysfunction, aides are increasingly frustrated by the pressure-cooker environment and worried about their futures there.

Seems that whistleblowers are coming out of the woodwork now.....and honestly, I wouldn't want to be employed there in any capacity whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I really don't know what we do now. I think we are basically screwed. The sad thing is people love them some trump. He can do no wrong. You will see that here in a very short time by the replies you get

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I did. I am having a do-over.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I really don't know what we do now. I think we are basically screwed. The sad thing is people love them some trump. He can do no wrong. You will see that here in a very short time by the replies you get

Yes. We will have to remind them this is not the mudpit.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: butcherguy

I did. I am having a do-over.

Ok.
I wish you well.
I hope that people can be nice on both sides.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So you guys are now good with wikileaks?
The media did help hillary?
The dnc did screw bernie?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Personally, I think this is great.

It means that any shenanigans will get caught out faster than a quorn burger at a beef convention. And so they damned well should. I hope Spicer never manages to figure out how the information is moving so freely without his knowledge. I hope several people are hired, then summarily fired for their inability to keep the cat in the bag! Its just about the only thing that is going to make this administration remotely safe for the people of the US to put up with.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well that may be the case if the leaks are coming from more places than just Spicer's department, which I'm guessing they are.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Who "guys"?

I have wanted transparency forever. I didn't have a problem with Manning, or Snowden, and I certainly am a fan of Jeremy Scahill and other serious journalists who have shed light on the subjects of war crimes, government treachery, and Russian interference.

I was a Bernie supporter, and remain a firm believer in his premises, and in Elizabeth Warren, too! We won't sit down and shut up. The legislators don't know what the hell to do now, and obviously no one in the White House does, either.

My motto is to be honest, and not to fall for hucksters like, for example, Alex Jones, who recently ranted that anyone who doesn't like Trump should go kill themselves. Seriously. He said that.

I'm anti-BS.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
1. Spicer conducts random "phone checks" to curb leaks. 2. News of phone checks leaked to press.

This link is where I first saw it this morning. It's on all the major sites now, too.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Breaking news - Sean Spicer tries to crackdown on leaks, just like every other White House before this one has attempted to do. Left-wing partisans on ATS rejoice and can't seem to recall when their beloved Obama White House did much the same thing and how bad leaks were when it was their "side" that was targeted.

What do we do now: change our tune, in that leaks are now great and should be embraced instead of ignored or swept under the rug. And hopefully try to minimize the sounds of gleeful cackling now that it's "the other guy" that's dealing with leaks.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

sigh.

Last week, after Spicer became aware that information had leaked out of a planning meeting with about a dozen of his communications staffers, he reconvened the group in his office to express his frustration over the number of private conversations and meetings that were showing up in unflattering news stories, according to sources in the room.

Upon entering Spicer’s office for what one person briefed on the gathering described as “an emergency meeting,” staffers were told to dump their phones on a table for a “phone check," to prove they had nothing to hide.

Spicer, who consulted with White House counsel Don McGahn before calling the meeting, was accompanied by White House lawyers in the room, according to multiple sources.

There should be no "secrets" in a transparent government....and it's been a number of years now (this entire century!) that people are demanding government transparency.
For whatever good it does, the internet is a wide-open look at the state of our world.

Now. Trump is an embarrassment for many millions of people. Keep in mind that he did NOT win the popular vote. His cabinet is disastrous, and Steve Bannon is largely seen as the de-facto POTUS now. It is increasingly obvious that Trump does not have what it takes to govern (mostly lack of experience). He is too enthralled with his own fame, and too thin-skinned to deal with criticism.

That is spilling out onto everyone who comes near him now, and everyone who voted for him.

So. Spicer made headlines this morning when someone leaked that there was a meeting about leaks and how leaks are not okay with him.

Now, let's talk about leakers, and how many people didn't want Trump, and still don't. How many people (millions and millions) have been peacefully protesting, and calling out legislators (who as often as not run away from being questioned)? How many times have those people been maligned and scoffed at? How long must non-Trump people tolerate being browbeaten? Shunned? Refused entry?

This is not fake news. This is real news. It's really happening. And thinking it can be stopped is, well, naive.

So what do we do now?

A leak in the white house is actually an issue when it isnt trying to show corruption but its only reason is partisan political sabotage like in this instance. The reality that someone is leaking information to media outlets about official white house meetings poses a real risk to our country as it could lead to a foriegn nation obtaining vital information that could be used as a weapon or a mean to prepare or counter or attack. The left has become spiteful and dumb enough to allow something of that magitude to happen thinking donald failing they might win the next election. The truth is everyone is watching the left act like children and they are only digging the hole deeper. So i do hope you enjoy this because it is costing you the next election!

+4 more 
link   

Any time someone mentions the popular vote I have to assume they're stupid. This process isn't exactly new, and one state doesn't get to decide the presidency. Welcome to reality.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Question: This leak aside, do you find anything concerning about the leak about Flynn lying to the VP about having discussed sanctions with Russia? What about the leak that exposed the administration's month long coverup?

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

This is about Sean Spicer and today's current events. It isn't about what has been done in the past. Please try to remember that. Obama is gone. Hillary was not inserted into the Oval Office. This is about TRUMP and his presidency.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

sigh.

So what do we do now?

A leak in the white house is actually an issue when it isnt trying to show corruption but its only reason is partisan political sabotage like in this instance. The reality that someone is leaking information to media outlets about official white house meetings poses a real risk to our country as it could lead to a foriegn nation obtaining vital information that could be used as a weapon or a mean to prepare or counter or attack. The left has become spiteful and dumb enough to allow something of that magitude to happen thinking donald failing they might win the next election. The truth is everyone is watching the left act like children and they are only digging the hole deeper. So i do hope you enjoy this because it is costing you the next election!

Exactly. It's almost as if they never want to win another election ever again.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

Any time someone mentions the popular vote I have to assume they're stupid. This process isn't exactly new, and one state doesn't get to decide the presidency. Welcome to reality.

What you assume is your own business.

THE FACTS are everyone's business, and the FACT is that MORE PEOPLE VOTED FOR HER. This thread is discussing leaks, not the Electoral College, or the intelligence of people who know FACTS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join