It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silly question of the day: Why haven't Aliens visited us if they exist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Youre right...it is silly. Obviously...they have, continue and always were here. Consider a billion...BILLION years advancement....and most likely standing, floating, swirling all around us always....

I think we make a great mistake looking for what we THINK we should expect....and not realizing its already here and something to ACCEPT!

And our tech and expectations are really quite immature against something that advanced...theyre here.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

This is similar to my understanding and perception of the phenomena.

IF they were here and considering how much more time they could have had to progress as a species or w/e you want to call it (assuming they are 'here physically' in our spacetime), the technology they'd display would possibly and most definitely be out of our current understanding.

To be way more advanced opens many possibilities that one can only conjecture on. Anyways, I always felt that if there were some presence 'observing' us for whatever reasons and they desired to not be spotted then the space between spaces would be a good place to hide; dancing their dance right before our eyes.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think we as humans are missing a dimension of travel. The Universe is so huge, and impossible to reach.

I feel like there's another "up" movement or something. It's all right here in front of us. But we can't interact with it.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

probabyl because they are smart enough not to.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

oh...so youre into alien psychology ?

LOL man...how about God ?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
oh...so youre into alien psychology ?

I don't think there is 'alien' psychology, I think potentially extraterrestrial intelligent life will be motivated, via evolution, by very similar things regardless of where it forms.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I think potentially extraterrestrial intelligent life will be motivated, via evolution, by very similar things regardless of where it forms.

So what are you claiming ?...that surely if they exist...they would have landed in Central Park and announced their existence ? Because they must be curious...because they are smart ?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

So what are you claiming ?...that surely if they exist...they would have landed in Central Park and announced their existence ? Because they must be curious...because they are smart ?

No, I am giving you my opinion that I feel their motivations would be similar to our own.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

No, I am giving you my opinion that I feel their motivations would be similar to our own.

In my book...considering all our limited understanding of the universe...that your statement is a wild hopeful guess. It hinges on a notion that humans are at or near the peak of biological development, and in any way...Stephen Hawking disagrees with you.

It seems to me more then likely that a higher intelligence would not yell loudly to attract attention while roaming around foreign territory...inhabited by wolves.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

In my book...considering all our limited understanding of the universe...that your statement is a wild hopeful guess. It hinges on a notion that humans are at or near the peak of biological development, and in any way...Stephen Hawking disagrees with you.

And your statement runs under the assumption that intelligent life is somehow not a fluke of evolution and is instead ubiquitous.

It seems to me more then likely that a higher intelligence would not yell loudly to attract attention while roaming around foreign territory...inhabited by wolves.

I agree, which is why I think SETI is foolish. If something else more advanced is out there I have no desire to attract its attention.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There are "fringe" scientists claiming that there is a connection between magnetism and gravity.
If so, since we can control magnetism -> we could control gravity.
Make a gravity "bubble" around a ship.
Compress space-time in front of the ship and elongate it after the ship -> ftl travel
The rule that nothing can travel faster than light is only applicable locally (inside the bubble)
The bubble itself can travel faster
Dont limit yourself by thinking we have already understood everything there is to understand.
Dark matter/energy is a complete mystery for example.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

And your statement runs under the assumption that intelligent life is somehow not a fluke of evolution and is instead ubiquitous.

Indeed. Not a fluke.

As of this moment...we can create life.

I agree, which is why I think SETI is foolish. If something else more advanced is out there I have no desire to attract its attention.

I think SETI is harmless. They will always find us first...before we find them...if they are more advanced.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Indeed. Not a fluke.

Can you post a link to that? I'm talking about creating life from non-life -- i.e., taking a bunch of non-living organic material and turning it into a living thing.

As far as I know, we not only have not done that, but we don't even understand how it happened in the first place. Maybe it IS a process that will naturally occur given the right conditions -- conditions that may be relatively common . However, we don't know what that process is.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I'm talking about creating life from non-life

Maybe there is no difference between life and non life as far as the universe is concerned. It's just..atoms and kvantum fields.

As far as I know, we not only have not done that, but we don't even understand how it happened in the first place.

Oh come on. We dont need to start from scratch today. And even if you want to go down that alley...AI. Something...from virtually nothing. Life...from inanimate components. A Frankenstein monster of sorts.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Indeed. Not a fluke.

I am referring to the independent development of intelligent life elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Indeed. Not a fluke.

I am referring to the independent development of intelligent life elsewhere.

but what is independent...? independent of whom ?

since we do not understand the process as Soylent stated...how can we even fathom what truly is needed for life and what are dependencies for life...and since we havent even yet explored the inner solar system...we have the gal to say...life is scarce in the universe...and a fluke.

Is it because we feel special in that case ?

Is it because God made US in his own image ?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

but what is independent...? independent of whom ?

Another species.

since we do not understand the process as Soylent stated...how can we even fathom what truly is needed for life and what are dependencies for life...and since we havent even yet explored the inner solar system...we have the gal to say...life is scarce in the universe...and a fluke.

I did not say life was a fluke, I said intelligent life. And I have not seen anyone state that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the solar system.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
We haven't visited any other civilization; does that mean we don't exist?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I did not say life was a fluke, I said intelligent life.

but it's just evolution...isnt it ?

And I have not seen anyone state that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the solar system.

did accuse anyone of saying that ? I misspoke then.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

but it's just evolution...isnt it ?

I believe it to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join