It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silly question of the day: Why haven't Aliens visited us if they exist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
actually...eating comes after dismemberment. And I hope you were just trying to be funny here.

No, just offering a different perspective. In your scenario the person remains hidden for observational purposes, in mine they are hidden for safety.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

this!
these things arent aliens they have been here for millenia

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Because, we 'are' the aliens.

People can believe in fairy tales all they like, but it won't make them real.
edit on 27-2-2017 by luckskywatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

One possible answer could be that intelligent life is very rare in the universe. The fermi paradox, as mentioned, is a hint that there is not much going on out there.

Personally I'd say we don't have enough data to answer such questions without resorting to speculation.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

One problem I have about the Fermi paradox is, look around on earth, not every country are the population allowed to freely communicate.

If we were to draw from our experiences here on earth, than the universe might be more of a Ricktatorship and you have to follow proper channels before talking if at all.

In some jails / prisons you're not allowed to talk.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What about the simple answer ?
No one has found us yet......
After all it is a big place out there, just like have not found anyone yet.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The universe is really, really, really, really, really big.
And we are a really, really, really, really, really small part of it.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Because we are an inferior & developing civilization the "Prime Directive" applies...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Quite true.

And if someone counters by saying "the universe is so big that the must be SOME civilizations SOMEWHERE who have the ability to visit us", the people who say that should remember that the universe is so big that maybe those civilizations have a lot of other places to visit that are much closer to them than we are.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
There are inter/mutlidimensional beings who have always been here.
There are physical et's just as there are physical human beings, who have and continue to visit this planet.

They are not here to mingle with humans. This is not a vaccation stop, they're here "work-related".

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Aliens might have visited us. There are an awful lot of sightings, abduction claims, video, crop circle, radar records, ancient depictions that are still unexplained. The thing is, that only one of those incidents/claims needs to be true.

Or secondly, they could be monitoring us without us knowing about it.

With a possibility of Billions of planets with possible civilizations that could conceivably be Billions of years more advanced than us. Anything is possible.

Each case of "Aliens!" should be considered on it's own merits.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
why do we observe wild beasts from the safety...and why so often we dont show ourselves to animals we observe ?

So they don't eat us.

Are you saying we would eat the space aliens if they were coming here?

We need to get revenge on the Kanamits by eating them back.

edit on 27-2-2017 by Junkheap because: For clarity.

edit on 27-2-2017 by Junkheap because: For extra super-duper clarity.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The same reason you dont stop at detroit when you pass by. We are probably known for being irrational and violent.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

for observational purposes, in mine they are hidden for safety.

well if you're being serious...why are reasons important anyway ? If they are here and are hidden, it is most likely a precautionary measure...and a smart one.

I dont see them having anything to gain by revealing themselves...if they are here. So the reasons are ultimately moot. There is no plus side for them...only potential problems.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vortiki
The same reason you dont stop at detroit when you pass by. We are probably known for being irrational and violent.

But that gives aliens a good reason to visit us! We are so unevolved and our technology so primitive that some aliens find us easy to exploit for their purposes.
So many of the arguments against visitation that I have read are based upon what the assumption that aliens are spiritually superior to us. This is totally wrong. When did scientific advancement ever make a culture evolve spiritually? ETs merely have more advanced technology enabling them to travel distances that we falsely think present an obstacle to them, when they only present a hurdle to us. The Fermi Paradox is based upon anthromorphic reasoning and is utterly irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Consider this thought? Out of all the sentient beings here at ATS, how many have visited, Casa Edgar Castro in Catacamas, Honduras? There are thousands of ATS members, spanning the entire time frame of its existence. In all those people, in all that time, how many? Comparing the size of the Earth to the size of the universe, and the number of people on ATS, this should be a number much larger than zero, don't you think? If it is minuscule, then apply that to this question of alien visitation.

What is the reason for coming here?
What is the reason to visit that building in Honduras?
Is it more cost effective than what it is worth to visit that building to you?
Is it more cost effective than what it is worth to visit Earth to them?

edit on 2/27/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There are any number of problems with the standard answer to this question. So I'll speak to a few.

1. Just because you have never heard, met, or even seen others who have identified themselves as being from elsewhere does not meant it hasn't happened somewhere on earth at some time. The notion that "all things" including interactions with others from other places has been documented, stamped for approval and is readily available in detailed form at any local library is preposterous.

2. There is an assumption, and it is is just an assumption, that all life everywhere and anywhere exists in exactly the same form as it does here. The idea that folks cannot exist in forms other then blood and bone is beyond silly. So folks may have indeed visited, you just could not "see" them due to the fact that they are not in the form you expect to see. Toss in "they must come by metal craft in this mix too, silly.

3. Visit, interact, live, conquer, which is it? There any number of reasons to visit another country. I have visited Mexico, yet NO ONE in Mexico today has any idea I was ever there. So if I can visit a country without the entire population knowing I was there, I think it is safe to say others from other places can do the same.

4. What the hell is so interesting about this place? People kill anything and everything that scares them. The planet thrives on suppression, poverty, killing, manipulation and the majority of the population love it. They adhere to rituals they have no idea of the origins and are locked into phone and tv as a means to an end. Why visit? The folks are very likely to kill you. If Jesus came back today he'd be outed as a fraud, fake, a heretic, he'd never survive being jesus.

5. Distance. just because we x as a travel mode doesn't mean others use the same. The idea that "we have, so they must only have..." is below even the way a child thinks. The folks in Remote parts of the world don't have high speed wireless or the ability to send a satellite into space, hardly means it does not exist elsewhere on the planet.

6. There is a long standing assumption that all living beings are bound by the clock, time, and while that makes sense given what the average person lives like, it is preposterous to assume that all living things are bound by the same clock. Or time, even intellectual thief Einstein figured it was not an absolute.

7. Stop looking to some "approved" science master for the definition or equation to state "life on other planets must exist because..." and start thinking for yourself. Those "approved" limitations are just some guy's theory and there were a whole bunch of people, even in the YOUR lifetime, who had theories that have been blown apart while you watched it happen. This fact, obvious fact, should tell you there are no absolutes just theories which may, or may not, be valid at any given moment in our existence.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Personally I think there is something on/from this planet that could be related to our existence, that possibly more complex in nature then any advanced form of alien technology. Like orbs for example are ether described as being out of the ether to alien. However no way hell they are miltary or related to it...unless there time travelers in that sense then sure.

Aliens well guess is just as good and maybe we just be to impressionable for them directly. Maybe they are to beyond us psyhically, wether mechanical or genetic augmentation, something our species might or already is on the verge on.

Or maybe they could view the existence of life itself being sacred, which is probably there hardly any interference from them. Prime directive stuff.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

We talk about the size of the universe spatially being a potential limiting factor for the number of civilizations that could possibly visit us, but what about the "size" of time in the universe as a limiting factor.

What I mean is that while the size of the universe tells me that there could have been other civilizations that have popped up in that vastness, I wonder how many of those actually exist here and now? If space-faring civilizations are possible, what is the life span of those civilizations?

Let's say a space-faring civilization can last -- I dunno -- 5 Million years before civilization extinction for some reason or other (not species extinction, but civilization extinction). That sounds like a long time, but that is just a blink of an eye in galactic terms....

Pick a part of space that has a lot of potential planets where an advanced civilization could possibly arise -- say an area within a 10,000 light year radius of us. There could have been more than 10 different ET civilizations that came and went just since the end of the dinosaurs -- and the end of the dinosaurs was a relatively recent epoch here on Earth, and still not one might be around today.

So, yeah -- there are a lot of stars and planets out there that many give rise to space-faring civilizations. However, how many of those civilizations that may have risen are still around "right now" in this specific time frame, and how many of those are near enough to us to even considering visiting here?

So it may be a question of "when" in the universe these civilizations arose as much as it is a question of "where" they might have arisen.

edit on 2017-2-27 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

Why haven't they visited us? Because the technology doesn't exist to do so.

Entities seen on this planet have always been here, they are not visitors.

Speculation, opinions, not facts. The only facts are that some UFOs are 'non-human' in origin, they're way more evolved than us technologically and since they don't belong to our society, the word 'visitors' fits perfectly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join