It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slain SEAL’s dad wants answers: ‘Don’t hide behind my son’s death’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

He could have lied and blamed it on a fake source. If this guy is mad over Trump's "treatment" of a Gold Star family then he's just being partisan. If he really wanted answers then he'd meet with Trump instead of saying he doesn't wanna see him.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What what Trum doing while this happened tho? Sleeping? Lock him up!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: fruiteater

I see what you are getting at, and agree.

But actually Malawi is the poorest country in the world, and what is more, Yemen does not even come into the top ten of the poorest nations on the planet.

That takes nothing away from the fact that you are dead right to take the stance you have, but if you quote that sort of statistic at someone, it might damage your argument in debate, and I thought you might appreciate an opportunity to refine your position somewhat, to mitigate for that risk.

Much respect.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I am quite sure the parents of fallen soldiers under Obama's watch, thousands of them, are pretty pissed off too. Especially as Obama and Hillary made an even bigger mess of things than they inherited.

It's strange that I did not hear the OP push such information relating to the dead Americans in Benghazi. I seem to recall some criticism in fact of Republicans using the parents of the dead Americans in the Republican convention.

So thousands of deaths under Obama, angry parents actually accusing Obama of murdering their child.. not a peep. 1 dead soldier under Trump's watch and we're on a case by case basis to criticise him. There attack threads are getting more ludicrous by the day.

edit on 27/2/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: fruiteater
a reply to: UKTruth

Also the US servicemen who were KIA in Iraq.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah, I was trying to find the OP's threads on these other events.. they must have been archived

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Despite the mitigation and planning, sometimes # goes wrong. We can argue the politics all day long. The optics too if you want, but war is a messy business.

I believe this mission was approved because Trumps team wanted a flashy victory for appearance purposes it's first couple weeks in office. I would feel less sure and my concern would be less credible in that concern if political strategists like Kushner and Bannon weren't in on the decision process. This is essentially the same concern as this soldiers father.

And there you go, 'you believe' something without access to any real mission specifics. You believe that because of your own confirmation-bias. The military planned the OP, and submitted the OP for approval.

You make a good argument here. However, by the same token, the reverse is also true. Those who believe the official version of events do so based on the same factors in turn. The only people who know what really went down are the ones who were actually there. We have zero way of knowing what did or did not happen, therefore we all have to rely on conjecture. That is not an accident of course, but it's what we're stuck with regardless.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

We plan the mission and execute. Losses are part of the planning. Risk assessments are made at every stage and decisions are made base on those assessments.

And these things are always based on good intel which they did not have. I also went on quite a few missions myself while in the military and none of the leaders I knew would have given this mission a go just because of the sketchy intel.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I am quite sure the parents of fallen soldiers under Obama's watch, thousands of them, are pretty pissed off too. Especially as Obama and Hillary made an even bigger mess of things than they inherited.

It's strange that I did not hear the OP push such information relating to the dead Americans in Benghazi. I seem to recall some criticism in fact of Republicans using the parents of the dead Americans in the Republican convention.

So thousands of deaths under Obama, angry parents actually accusing Obama of murdering their child.. not a peep. 1 dead soldier under Trump's watch and we're on a case by case basis to criticise him. There attack threads are getting more ludicrous by the day.

So you want to whine about Obama while making excuses for Trump. Trump is president now so everything is his fault isn't that what people like you whined when Obama was in office?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

So you want to whine about Obama while making excuses for Trump. Trump is president now so everything is his fault isn't that what people like you whined when Obama was in office?

No, I was just pointing out the ridiculous and hypocritical nature of the attack. My view is that soldiers die when on operations and it's to be expected that family members are going to be upset and some will look for someone to blame.
The only line of attack against the command structure is if soldiers died for nothing in a campaign/mission that should never have been carried out. On this occasion you'd have to ask Obama whether this mission was really needed.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

We plan the mission and execute. Losses are part of the planning. Risk assessments are made at every stage and decisions are made base on those assessments.

And these things are always based on good intel which they did not have. I also went on quite a few missions myself while in the military and none of the leaders I knew would have given this mission a go just because of the sketchy intel.

How in the bloody hell do you know what intel they did or didn't have? There are no ATS'ers who are briefed at the White House to find out what the real or good or bad intel is. Come on man.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

No, I was just pointing out the ridiculous and hypocritical nature of the attack. My view is that soldiers die when on operations and it's to be expected that family members are going to be upset and some will look for someone to blame.
The only line of attack against the command structure is if soldiers died for nothing in a campaign/mission that should never have been carried out. On this occasion you'd have to ask Obama whether this mission was really needed.

No worries man, liberals were screaming and calling Bush a murderer for years. They even lined up in front of his ranch house to picket and protest while he was there on vacation. Those same people completely forgot that a current president was responsible for war deaths, for 8 years, and blamed the war deaths on his predecessor the whole time, and now the war deaths are back to being blamed on the current president.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Dad is a mofugging idiot.

If he wanted answers, he had a chance to talk to the President of the United States of America in person. He didn't want to, so he obviously doesn't want answers.

Also this mission wasn't planned by Trump. It was planned for years by the Obama administration. Blame Obama for this death.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

The pentagon has come forward and said the intel on the location was 10 years old and US military officials have said the operation was approved by the president without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

To answer your question us ATS'ers know it was bad intel because the US military has told the country.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Also this mission wasn't planned by Trump. It was planned for years by the Obama administration. Blame Obama for this death.

Obama didn't approve the mission. At any given time there could be dozens if not more missions awaiting the approval of the president. It is their responsibility to make the call. I don't like Obama, but don't blame a mission he did not approve of on him.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join