It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Could Join The British Commonwealth As ‘Associate Member’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Ummm...does that mean I won't need a passport to visit or emigrate to say...New Zealand...

As long as it means I'm afforded dual citizenship...otherwise...no deal...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
okay, considering that the US treasury bonds are being dumped by some countries, that we are so far in debt thinking that we will pay it back is laughable at best, and some are already asking themselves if trump is so stubborn that he would refuse to increase our debt limit and might just decide to default instead....

umm... would this be beneficial to either the US or the commonwealth? would it be putting britain in the position of overseeing settlement of our bankrupted financials?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Semidemigod

The Queen doesn't really do that much other than appear on our cash .... a lot of people think the house o Windsor are just a drain on our resources. ..

Or as my pal says blood sucking leeches ....

The British royal family gets is operating expenses from the civil list, this is money granted to the royal family for their public duties, money that comes from the crown estates, administered by the the government, the profits from the crown estates go direct to the exchequer, 15% of that profit, per year, is then paid to the British royal family, prince Charles does not get any, as he has an income from the Duchie of Cornwall, which, surprisingly is mostly in Devon, Charles pays income tax on his income, Prince William has an income from the money left to him in Diana's will.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
The Royal Commonealth Society is not the Commonwealth of Nations, so best not confuse the two.

The RCS opening in America is their business. As a charity they operate across the Commonwealth area and can extend that to the US if they want to.

The Commonwealth (of Nations) is not a charity and would not allow the US in its ranks because the US is not eligible.

Hope that's clear.

Thanks for posting this as I had read through the Breitbart article which makes zero reference to the facts that this is not the Commonwealth of Nations that we are talking about. I wonder why Breitbart wouldn't mention that?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
You're going to have to learn cricket. That's obligatory.
You'll soon pick it up. It's like baseball, but with only two bases, and higher scores.

It's easily summed up as this. You'll soon get the hang of it! Doesn't mention that you also get to stop for a cup of tea and a slice of cake in the middle of the game too, which is nice...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: schuyler

wouldn't they spend the money somewhere's else? Sounds a lot like NFL stadium arguments.

Or is going to see the royal families possessions some sort of pilgrimage for commonwealth citizens?

It's part of why I went to London.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join