It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with Hollywood these days

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Yeah, well a year is only 11 months long if you don't include December also.

But that isn't reality or how things actually work is it?? No.

So just like we must include December in our calendar to have a true and complete calendar year. So also we must include California in the total number of voters for an election.

Otherwise were really just living in some fantasy world that doesn't exist. Which is fine if that's what you want to do. But don't expect others to join you there.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The problem is that Hollywood has gone from producing awesome movies and TV series to presuming they are the voice of all of the people on the planet.

I hope I'm witnessing the beginning of their downfall, the planet does not need folks like these being any sort of role-models for our children, at all because they are simply aggressively intolerant of anyone (aka: bigots) whose life choices and opinions differ from their own.

The proof will arrive in about 4 hours when this years slop starts.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I think a better question would be, 'what isn't wrong with Hollywood' ?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It's pretty easy to just sit around and complain about Hollywood not producing anything good anymore but what have you done to improve any of it???

If you think it's so easy or that your world view and idea of how things should be is so much better then why not present it publicly and see if others agree?? If your way is so much better then it will obviously take off like a bullet.

Or maybe is it just that your ideas are even worse and the fact is nobody likes the way you think things should be anyway and nobody would bother to buy a single ticket to that show.

You talk about how bigoted Hollywood is and urge for their downfall yet call them the intolerant ones. Well, how intolerant of you to sit back and do nothing to improve that which you complain about and hope for it's destruction while at the same time blaming them for not entertaining you enough. Since when did they owe you everything you want or be destroyed without you contributing a single thing???

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Texas has a voter ID law. But you can vote without a photo ID under certain circumstances. Unfortunately, those circumstances make it very easy for an illegal to vote.

Here are the accepted forms of photo ID in Texas:
Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
Texas license to carry a handgun issued by DPS
United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
United States passport

If you don't have a photo ID, you can use these forms of identification:

Valid voter registration certificate
Certified birth certificate (must be an original)
Copy of or original current utility bill
Copy of or original bank statement
Copy of or original government check
Copy of or original paycheck
Copy of or original government document with your name and an address (original required if it contains a photograph)

Note that all you need is a copy of a utility bill. Thats it. In this day and age who is not capable of coming up with a copy of a utility bill, real or fake, that cant pass for a copy of a utility bill? You don't even need an original bill...just a copy.

And we kid ourselves in to thinking we accomplished our goal of having only US citizens vote for US leaders. This election was influenced by people from another country, but it wasn't Russia. US citizens are not allowed to vote for any other nations leaders. Why would we let any other nation's citizens vote for ours?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: SBMcG

Yeah, well a year is only 11 months long if you don't include December also.

But that isn't reality or how things actually work is it?? No.

So just like we must include December in our calendar to have a true and complete calendar year. So also we must include California in the total number of voters for an election.

Otherwise were really just living in some fantasy world that doesn't exist. Which is fine if that's what you want to do. But don't expect others to join you there.

We both have our opinions and that's what makes the world go 'round...

But California or no California, Bill Clinton's wife still lost.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
what do you care? you have the white house and congress, govern !

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm proud to make my living in the entertainment business [100+ films 50+TV, since 07] and contrary to popular conservative belief; all of Hollywood isn't liberal.

www.sagaftra.org...
www.iatse.net...

Union Proud, Union Strong!

For all you people disgusted with the current offering of films and TV, get off your ass and write, produce and film your own movies. But please stop the crybaby BS.

Start here....

www.celtx.com...

and what ever you do don't go see olaru12 in "Hell or High Water" I hope it get's Best Picture!!

Got to say, it is a great film. Loved it. Really loved it.

Found out the director went to same college/uni as me. Was amazed!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Sorry, but the same thing was happening in Texas. The democrats were actually using taco trucks in predominantly latino areas to register voters and show them how to vote without a valid state issued ID. I was in Austin in November and saw it for myself. Shout all you want, but I know what I saw.

You should have gotten proof of it happening. FOX would have paid a few bucks for video like that.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
same thing that always has been . poorly written , no plot , gratuitous violence , propaganda , remakes . Done by leftist trash . not to mention overhyped and way overpriced .

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Well , for one Thing , they are All Politically Brainwashed , and there does not seem to be a Cure .

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I'm proud to make my living in the entertainment business [100+ films 50+TV, since 07] and contrary to popular conservative belief; all of Hollywood isn't liberal.

www.sagaftra.org...
www.iatse.net...

For all you people disgusted with the current offering of films and TV, get off your ass and write, produce and film your own movies. But please stop the crybaby BS.

Start here....

www.celtx.com...

and what ever you do don't go see olaru12 in "Hell or High Water" I hope it get's Best Picture!!

Sorry if you think I am directing this at you on this thread. But if you were in fact in the background protesting on this news clip, oh well, I have to say then all the best for you. But what I saw in this news clip here in Japan was like "killl this mf'e'n President. That is not good. Like I mentioned, is America losing its constructive common sense ground.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
These days?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

edit on 2272017 by frenchfries because: incorrect assumption sorry

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
problem with hollywood is that all the stars are an illusion kept together by adoration of mankind....
if no-one watch there movies ore listen to there music ore ignore there sex factor they are just ordinairy peopple....
there biggest affords are the scandals and livestyle as documented in the bible as sodom and gomorra...

they are just absolutly nothing.... kept alive by money / gossip and marketing....
edit on 27-2-2017 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

There is a reason that the Romans considered Actors to be one of the lowest class of citizen right down there with the beggars and prostitutes.

They contribute absolutely nothing to society. Only in our bass-ackwards culture do we give them millions of dollars and pay attention to what they have to say like it matters any more than what anyone else has to say.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

www.sagaftra.org...
www.iatse.net...

Start here....

www.celtx.com...

Sorry if you think I am directing this at you on this thread. But if you were in fact in the background protesting on this news clip, oh well, I have to say then all the best for you. But what I saw in this news clip here in Japan was like "killl this mf'e'n President. That is not good. Like I mentioned, is America losing its constructive common sense ground.

Common sense was not lost... it was beaten to death with a barbwire base ball bat.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
All of this Hollywood nonsense would be stopped soon enough if people would just stop supporting the actors, actresses and producers who spew this crap!

As it stands now, the people pay for the very pulpits and ivory towers upon which these people stand to admonish their followers with their political drivel.

There's an old saying about not biting the hand which feeds you. Perhaps it might be time to take heed of this advice.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Maybe they should get their # together.

Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty read the wrong winner for best pic a la Steve Harvey.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join