It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubby's New Guitar

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Anyone out there have one of these? It's a beauty with all the bells and whistles.

Found this video that will explain more than I can.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
not to my personal liking but that is a beautiful guitar.

what kind of music does he play?
i mean the guitar is built for speed so im guessing that is his deal

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Cool guitar.
I just bought a new Les Paul Studio and I find it to be a fine guitar. But that guitar does catch my eyes. Wonder what it sells for here in Japan.
edit on 0200000008522017-02-26T16:52:08-06:00520802pm4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
not to my personal liking but that is a beautiful guitar.

what kind of music does he play?
i mean the guitar is built for speed so im guessing that is his deal

He plays heavy metal mostly. This guitar has a switch to change it to an acoustic. It would make for some nice ballads I would imagine.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Cool guitar.
I just bought a new Les Paul Studio and I find it to be a fine guitar. But that guitar does catch my eyes. Wonder what it sells for here in Japan.

I don't know. Around here it goes for about 2,600. He got it at Guitar Center with a trade in guitar and got it for around 2,100.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I think that thing is gorgeous. Looks comfortable too.

Get a good deal? ETA: just saw the above^^ Good job!

"Paiso" always makes me chuckle

edit on 26-2-2017 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
That's an interesting design. I've been out of the loop for electric guitar tech for years, but my father is a retired amateur luthier, and I've built a few electric guitars and basses years ago, but I've followed a few of this guy's techniques.

Mostly I love the idea of one piece body-neck design so you have brilliant sustain. My killer is when they put that strat style tremelo (also floyd rose) that cuts a hole thru the body, this contradicts the cool one piece neck and kills the sustain. Back then there was a fulcrum point cam style design by Kahler (sp?) that was awesome for sustain, and they didnt need a hole thru to the back and had micro tuners and were fun to play.

My question, is there a panel on the back of this guitar behind the bridge? This will answer what kind of tremelo it is. I didn't see him turn the guitar over even once in the video.

I really like the shape, it's like another twist on the classic strat, the last electric i half finished looks like a whale bone and a kilngon tire-iron had a baby. I'm not sure about the carbon fiber, it looks like 100% fashion and no function other than light and really pricey and dont scratch it (wait they they made the scratchboard out of it!). Even in the video the guy is doing that dialogue "i really wanted to use some carbon fiber". the problem is he did the same tendency the auto industry does and puts it where it shows, and not where it's useful. You put 2 strips of carbon down the inside of the neck under a nice ebony fingerboard and it will barely bend and last forever and sound great.

I may be too old but back in the day dimarzio werent the best badass pickups out there, that may have changed. I tended to use seymour duncan and emg. I use the logic of leaving the guitar as analog as possible, and add effects from the amp side out. So my guitars always focused on every combo of pickup (strat stacks near bridge and humbuckers near mid/neck) and phase switch for the center pickup that mixed with the other 2, that way you can get really vintage 'tanky' sounds and use the amp for overdrive and effects.

I once played a custom made Ibanez made for steve miller, it looked ok, but played like a dream!!! It had active electronics and 3 humbuckers (middle had switch to go single coil/and or out of pahse). I'd play the heck out of your hubbys guitar too, it looks like a lot of fun to play! Piezo on an electric has me really curious.

I tried to be all critical but I'm kinda jealous, I wished I still had energy to play let alone build some new guitars, enjoy your fun new instrument

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
THe EBMM are GREAT guitars!!! Too rich for my blood lol but I've played quite a few. I'm an Ibanez. LTD, and Blakhart guy.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Beautiful. Interesting how the faux carbon fiber look was achieved.

Oh, and this…

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I swear you musicians have an entire new language all your own, because half the time I sit here saying, "What????"

Aliquandro, my Husband understood every word of what you were talking about. I never could have answered this on my own. LOL
He can build and customize guitars. He says there are 3 access panels on the back and it's their own design. It works like a Floyd Rose system. Each saddle on the bridge is a piezo pick up to simulate an acoustic guitar. It has 4 dials to adjust from electric to acoustic blending.

LordAhriman, Mark also has a couple of Ibenez with custom pick ups.

EightAhoy, that pic cracked me up! I don't get roses or anything. Sheesh! LOL

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

It is called a piezoelectric bridge. The tremolo has sensors that take string vibrations and create electrical signals. Then you get an "acoustic" sound out along with the electric sound.

I have a Parker PDF that does the same. A Fisherman pedal that has instrument imprints can let you mimic any sound! (Acoustic sounds)

Cool purchase!! And keep on rocking in the free world!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I learned through the years that there is way more to an instrument than I could have ever imagined. It's amazing and fascinating, even if I don't understand half of it. I have always had a passion for music and have such an appreciation for the instruments, the quality of workmanship and sound.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Nice Steve Vai Ibanez.

ps: His new guitar is cool too :p
edit on 26-2-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I love the mother of pearl inlay!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

I think that thing is gorgeous. Looks comfortable too.

Get a good deal? ETA: just saw the above^^ Good job!

"Paiso" always makes me chuckle

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you back there. He is pretty happy with it. I guess it is comfortable or he wouldn't have bought it. It changes colors which is rather interesting.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Nice guitar with some interesting design features.
I've never experimented with piezo pickups.
This is my favorite.
A Reverend Manta Ray 2011 limited edition.
I sometimes sleep with her.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I built my first electric out of parts that were left when a small music store went out of business in my village.

Frankenstein.....

NS...that a beauty!
edit on 26-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Very nice and a limited edition as well!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

How cool Olaru!

Brian May of Queen built his first guitar. Interesting story.

So did you name that guitar Frankenstein? LOL

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The fretboard scale looks amazing!

Nice axe..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join