It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black and white world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

"Your always an alien in your own universe" Ram Dass

A great statement he gave once in an interview the reason being that in some way or another when we look through at the world via the intellect everything becomes an object. Our mind views everything as an object, in the meantime we build a wall between reality and ourselves. Like a glove, which never allows direct contact of life with life.
We build a mental construct and from then on we think we are living, but in fact its a pseudo life It is as if we pretend everything and our life has become a cartoon and soon we begin to believe it is natural.
When someone turns up and are fully natural, we see them as wacky and totally abnormal. They may even be invisible to us as we are blind to that now. Quiet a scary state to be in to be honest. living a black and white life in a multicoloured world.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Is it possible to be an alien if you are the entire universe as a copy of it?

RUMI

The ‘man or woman of heart’ is a universe.
When you have seen them, you have seen all. “All
game is in the belly of the wild ass.” All creatures
in this world are contained in the man and
woman of heart.

Alien only if you fail to realize I suppose. Good thread. Thank you for it.
edit on 26-2-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

The problem with duality: is what to do with the other stuff?

Funny that there are two threads about duality posted in such a relatively short time.
Posting this also in the other one because: duality.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

is what to do with the other stuff?

Duality relies on the creation in your mind of other stuff. Boiled down that means all dualist (dualistic viewing) see's and create's oposition instead of seeing variety. It simply is a cognitavie distorsion that became very popular.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Great post... So true for those that see !

I used to live a life behind that mental construct which was created by the ego that murdered the innerchild.

About 2 months ago my mental construct started to crumble. Now I see the most basic things in live in a different perspective. Want to talk about it with other people. Finally gave up hope stopped talking and came to the conclusion that the best thing to do is to enjoy this new multicolored reality that's full of love.

love is multicoloured black and white not so

edit on 2272017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
a reply to: Nothin

is what to do with the other stuff?

Duality relies on the creation in your mind of other stuff. Boiled down that means all dualist (dualistic viewing) see's and create's oposition instead of seeing variety. It simply is a cognitavie distorsion that became very popular.

Is is lovely to see those wacky natural folks. The ones that just don't seem to get caught-up in the drama we create.
That part inside us all, that creates opposition, basks in drama, and tries to change everything. Like resisting basic reality.
Quite popular these days.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

Is it possible to be an alien if you are the entire universe as a copy of it?

If you are the entire universe anything is possible, anything.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Many layers above and below like a stack of disc's with an infinite plane out to either side. The cosmic order of what one is stacked up against to reflect above and below in the stack until moved to reflect on what is and isn't oneself in that infinite mirror claiming a self. But a real mirror says nothing; it just reflects on as all echos are just that; skipping through time at various pitches and intonation towards ones bent of attachment.

A friend and I went to see the new monastery being built in the early 90's standing on a long walkway less than three feet or less about a 1/2 meter above ground; peering straight along what looked to be a dried out stream bed with rich black soil... both staring straight down this without a word; a monk appears slowly walking in mindful meditation not a stream bed but a foot path. I stay silent and immovible to not disturb his meditations, as he walks by less than 4 feet away directly in front of us and passes stage right(to our left) and out of sight... I say to my friend do you want to walk the trail the monk was just walking on? He says to my surprise... what monk? I said the one that just walked by down this very path. He said I didn't see any monk but yeah lets walk the trail.

The monk happened to be the abbot; after we walked the path he accepted us as graciously as a grandfather two grandchildren coming to visit. I have walked the path twice since; oddly it has never led to the same path my friend and I walked that seemed to go on for miles, but instead around to a low wooden platform for teaching with a nicely cut field of green grass for listeners. Both times, not finding the long path; I sat on the platform to sit and listen to what the grass has had to say.

top topics

join