It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The latest "nightmare inducing" Boston Dynamics robots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I stumbled upon this video on youtube featuring the latest "nightmare inducing" Boston Dynamics robots (youtube video title). The video is at a Trade Show and the audience seems very excited about latest projects. I for one find them extremely creepy, the one running up the stairs was scary.

You can see demonstrated, The Amazon Warehouse worker, the soldier, the assembler, combine with driverless vehicles and we have a whole heap of unemployed people, soon to be considered of less value than a machine by the Money Worshippers.

While Technologically speaking they are remarkable, I think they will end up bringing more harm than good. Perhaps it is my age speaking, but I think this is ugly, if they ever turn on humanity, I hope they take the creators first (like in the movies).

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If you find that video scary, you'd best not search youtube for "Boston Dynamics," or "Darpa drones."

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
About time they figured out a human isn't needed to make a Segway a Segway.

Segway-Bot looks dangerous.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
And so it begins ... S+F for a good thought provoking post. I've been concerned for some years about what will happen when most of our jobs are farmed out to the robots. Masses of unemployed with nothing constructive to do does not make a peaceful social dynamic.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Wow that is sooooo cool!

I can literally see that "nightmare" bot being utilized in some real world policing situations, maybe even perhaps asymetric warfare and insurgency operations, let the bot take the lead giving the lead a higher life expectancy.

I remember seeing videos about a good FIVE years ago and considering the time frame, they have made tremendous strides.

It doesnt have to be a bad thing, it'll be more like an intregration kind of deal. If the manufacturing sector belongs to machines, we just have to restructer on how we view our economy.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
That video was so cool! I know that I should be worried about replacing humans in the workplace (and possibly pets, lol)...but the geek in me finds those robots fascinating!!!!

Imagine, a kid that is allergic to dogs and cats can have a pet of their very own! A little synthetic fur, and voila! I want one! And it can fetch me a drink!

We all knew this was coming. I hope we can figure out how to live with them.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek

Can you imagine the wealth of data they would obtain from pet robots? It would improve user experience like crazy. This could, in some small way, motive younger individuals to pursue education in this direction. Imagine the potential future payoffs, robot pokemon?! Mmmm

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I will be fun to watch the hacks using the zero day exploits that will surely occur.

From botnets to robonets.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Topic already being discussed here.

Thread closed.

join