It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female French Presidential Candidate Cancels Meeting With The Sunni Grand Mufti

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I wouldn't think that she would even want to contemplate meeting with him. She should have realized that they would want her to cover her head. She sure doesn't think about things in advance much. And she is running for president of France?

Edit: how silly of me, Politicians do not evaluate situations that well. They are trying to impress voters and toss common sense out the door

Ummm...she was making a very strong point to this mufti...and to the world...

This is a strong...deal with me on my terms statement...that was a very bold move...
That was also a much needed move...a repudiation of class culture and inequality by a strong female soon to be leader...to cultural barbarism...

BRAVO...Mrs. LePen...well done...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

I wouldn't think that she would even want to contemplate meeting with him. She should have realized that they would want her to cover her head. She sure doesn't think about things in advance much. And she is running for president of France?

Edit: how silly of me, Politicians do not evaluate situations that well. They are trying to impress voters and toss common sense out the door

This is a strong...deal with me on my terms statement...that was a very bold move...
That was also a much needed move...a repudiation of class culture and inequality by a strong female soon to be leader...to cultural barbarism...

YouSir

Another words it was a political ploy orchestrated to make her look more independent? Ok, that sounds rational to set a thing like this up to get publicity.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

the problem isnt that she refused to wear the scarf - she waited till the last minuite to cancel it in front of the press

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

YouSir

Another words it was a political ploy orchestrated to make her look more independent? Ok, that sounds rational to set a thing like this up to get publicity.

Maybe she is just a strong woman who actually supports women and she took a stand against someone who expected her to bow down as a woman to please him due to his inability to treat a female as his equal?

I guess it is just easier to make it out as a political statement!

edit on 26-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

She just did what any self-respecting woman would do: refuse to bow down to an anti-female patriarchal government official. Before anyone says "Oh but he's not government he's a spiritual leader!" I call BS! In the Muslim world government and religion are one and the same!

As free human beings no one should ever have to cover their heads or bow down to ANYONE unless it is their true desire to do so, and anyone who demands such behavior as a requirement to meet with them is a despot who is unworthy of anyone's time and consideration to begin with!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

YouSir

Maybe she is just a strong woman who actually supports women and she took a stand against someone who expected her to bow down as a woman to please him due to his inability to treat a female as his equal?

If I were her I wouldn't have even attempted to go meet with the guy. She should have known she would have to wear the hat if she met with this Sunni, if not she sure doesn't understand Islam at all. I think that she may have set this up as a publicity stunt like YouSir kind of said. It makes sense, I was probably wrong assuming she did not know exactly what she was doing.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
good for her.
i will have to do some reading about her. i dont know anything about her except this one thing and its a plus for me.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the problem isnt that she refused to wear the scarf - she waited till the last minuite to cancel it in front of the press

Sounds like a publicity stunt. She sure isn't making any points with the Muslims in the world.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

YouSir

If I were her I wouldn't have even attempted to go meet with the guy. She should have known she would have to wear the hat if she met with this Sunni, if not she sure doesn't understand Islam at all. I think that she may have set this up as a publicity stunt like YouSir kind of said. It makes sense, I was probably wrong assuming she did not know exactly what she was doing.

Maybe she didn't know it was a requirement to appease that pig by covering her face?

I respect the hell out of her for telling that pig she would not be subservient to his theocracy!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Why is that a problem? What if she never knew this would be demanded of her until that time? That's a typical ploy of these guys--lay this requirement on in the last minute and attempt to humiliate her. She didn't take the bait. That's not a 'problem' at all!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hey I got a great idea, he can download skype and so can she and viola.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Tinder.

Swipe right to agree with a point, swipe left to have her stoned to death.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Admiral Ackbar liked this.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Why the f#ck should she be forced to wear a headscarf?, if that guy cannot accept her "western" values then that says a lot about him...

I admire her resolve but she wasn't "forced" to wear it, she chose not to have the meeting, no force involved. However, I do think that most people do expect visitors to abide by the rules of the home, institution, business, or country they are a guest in. If she did not want to abide by those rules why visit him, she must have known that she was in the "guest" position and would be expected to respect his rules. If she wanted it the other way, she should have invited him over.
edit on 26-2-2017 by Anaana because: guesting

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Good to see a trump fan loving the new leader of the front narional, the party who says the holocaust never happened.

Like father like daughter.

Good to see a fan of the ideology founded by a misonigist leader who advocated treatment of women as property, slavery and pedophilia loving the Mufti.

The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem during WW2 allied with Hitler and was even given command of his own SS division to help Hitler hunt down jews and other infidels.

Like old Mufti like new Mufti.

So your saying your a fan of hitler and you deny the holocaust, good to know son.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Nope.

I did not say that at all.

I hate Hitler, Nazis, Islam and all evil ideologies.

Are you projecting in the psychological sense?

Are you willing to publicy disavow muhammed and the Quran?

And nobody is biuying your disinformation smear of Marine Le Pen who got into a very public feud with her father regarding his opinion of WW2 history.

edit on 26-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Marine Le Pen disavowed her fathers statements and was the one who wanted to kick him out of Front National.

It was last April’s interview that sparked a bitter family feud with his daughter and successor as party leader, Marine Le Pen, who moved to expel him from the party he founded.

Marine Le Pen, who took over the party in 2011 and is running for French president next year, had led a public relations drive to “detoxify” the party and move away from its jack-booted imagery and antisemitic overtones. After years of working alongside her father, in April last year she blasted him for being “in a total spiral of strategy somewhere between scorched earth and political suicide”.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Wait... So, she's NOT a MUSLIM? I thought only muslims had to wear head coverings? Why does he want her to wear one?

And this is coming from high up, he is possibly as high as it goes up the chain. All women have to obey their dress code.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join