It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep Leonard Lance want to keep Medicaid expansion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I just watched an interview on NBC news with republican representative Leonard Lance, he is talking about repeal and REPAIR (merged from the original repeal and replace).

It may be an issue of symantics, Rep. Lance says about the words repair vs replace but this is the first time I heard of a possible keep of the Medicaid expansion.

The refusal of the Medicaid expansion in the red states is the only decision that derailed the ACA.

I have mentioned before that all trump has to do is force the "Medicaid expansion" mandate...call it Trumpcare, he can get his glory and we can all be happy.

It looks like this is now a consideration, call it what you want, repeal and replace...repair...trumpcare, just do the best thing for Americans.

www.cnn.com...

edit on 26-2-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
I have mentioned before that all trump has to do is force the "Medicaid expansion" mandate...call it Trumpcare, he can get his glory and we can all be happy.

I agree with this 100%

It's a branding issue. Conservatives will back things when they think it's their idea or if it is branded in a way that pays homage to their lifestyles. "Trumpcare", "FreedomPharma", "Patriotpills", "Muricameds", etc... Trump could cram anything through and save our nation if he chose to.

We just need to first...

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Liberal or not tho, when it comes to the issue of healthcare there is clearly a right or wrong answer.

Now that republicans have the sole power to do what they want, they are backing off of repealing all together.

I think it's charming that they are coming around to the realities of healthcare. It would have been less miserable for them tho if they realized this years ago.

Lance voted to repeal Obamacare over 30 times!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The price of Obamacare is driving the price of all insurances up, higher than most employers can pay. I would think if they expanded medicare to include a higher wage bracket it would be better. Obamacare has some serious flaws. Making the limit of treatment have no top level is giving doctors an open checkbook, with the checks all signed.

I am all for Medicine, but not when doctors abuse the system or stick you through a lot of unneeded tests. You seem to stay sicker a lot more than you used to, the doctors don't do anything the first time you go. I don't go to the doctor till I figure I can't kick something, if it lasts too long I need to go to get something. The doctors need to listen to the patient, they treat people I know who do this like "oh, this person comes in at the first sniffle" The second or third time you go in they finally give you something that helps. This needs to stop, we cannot afford this. I am perfectly aware that sicknesses run a certain course, if you wait it out your body will heal itself usually. But the doctors are starting to just ignore patients many time the first time you go to the outpatient clinic or see your regular doctor. They say if it isn't better in a week come back. Well, when you have already been sick for over a week and can't kick it, then you go to the doctors. You can count on going twice to a doctor to get help here nowadays, it is rediculous, they don't even look at the right thing if you have good insurance at first.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

The expansion of Medicaid might help, but truthfully the only answer is single payer similar to Canada accompanied by Nationalization of the drug companies, i.e. the Feds taking over the drug companies.

And all of that will probably not happen in my lifetime.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Liberal or not tho, when it comes to the issue of healthcare there is clearly a right or wrong answer.

Now that republicans have the sole power to do what they want, they are backing off of repealing all together.

I think it's charming that they are coming around to the realities of healthcare. It would have been less miserable for them tho if they realized this years ago.

Lance voted to repeal Obamacare over 30 times!

I had 20 minutes to spare when I was waiting for my daughter to clean her room so I put together a mock-up. This is what I mean by branding. It is still a liberal issue since distancing themselves from liberals is what sells.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The refusal of the Medicaid expansion in the red states is the only decision that derailed the ACA.

I think the failures are much more than just a few states not expanding Medicaid.

I think there's more uninsured people in the states that did expand.

The problem is the high premium prices and the high deductibles.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Doctors do run test to see if what you have is a bacteria or virus. Antibiotics can not do anything for viral infections so after the tests, basically all you can do is go home and do Nettie pots.

I do find it comforting to know if it is viral or bacterial. I understand there is nothing to help a virus.

Is that what you are talking about? A doctor would not just send you home if it's bacterial.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Nice

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

The expansion of Medicaid might help, but truthfully the only answer is single payer similar to Canada accompanied by Nationalization of the drug companies, i.e. the Feds taking over the drug companies.

And all of that will probably not happen in my lifetime.

It's come to that is their only choices...single-payer or ACA

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I think the failures are much more than just a few states not expanding Medicaid.

I think there's more uninsured people in the states that did expand.

The problem is the high premium prices and the high deductibles.

I agree that there are also issues with small companies being forced to supply healthcare and they are then forced to cut hours.

My stance on that tho...if you can supply healthcare to your employees, then don't go into business.

The technical logistics of this post got seriously effed up, sorry

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Wouldn't that stifle innovation though?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Doctors do run test to see if what you have is a bacteria or virus. Antibiotics can not do anything for viral infections so after the tests, basically all you can do is go home and do Nettie pots.

I do find it comforting to know if it is viral or bacterial. I understand there is nothing to help a virus.

Is that what you are talking about? A doctor would not just send you home if it's bacterial.

Over the years, I have been to the doctors and not once did they do a test to check if something is viral or bacterial. Even now, they have the tests yet most people don't get tested the first time they are in. I know a lot of people around here that go to the doctors. We discuss stuff like this.

The test you are talking about just tells whether it is bacterial or viral quickly, not type of virus. It excludes common bacteria that inhabit us symbiotically or it wouldn't work. Even unbalanced symbiotic bacteria can cause a great amount of problems, so the tests are not always accurate. A stomach bacteria culture can poison the body and in doing so quench the ability of the intestines to react negatively. The body is poisoned by the excretions and the immune system is compromised yet no mucus has to contain elements of this bacteria in the mouth, especially if the patient brushed their teeth and used mouthwash just before coming in. Even some throat lozenges can possibly cause a problem with tests. I think the doctors used to diagnose things better fifteen years ago when they didn't have all these tests that can have problematic improper test results under certain conditions.

I know lots of people who had the virus test showing it was not bacterial, then a week later were back and the doctor prescribed an antibiotic and they got better almost right away. Those tests seem to not be working right. You can have both a virus and a bacterial infection at the same time, each giving their symptoms. A virus can lower body temperature and cover up a bacteria infections tell tale fever sign too.

I see a lot of discrepancy in testing procedures all through the medical field.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm not privy to this. I would rather have my sickness be better immediately.

Do you suppose this behavior is due to Obamacare? Or do they just not want to over-medicate?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

Not if the gov't properly funded research.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Yea, but ACA will never be nearly as efficient as single payer because of the insurance companies.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Yea, but ACA will never be nearly as efficient as single payer because of the insurance companies.

Hopefully in my lifetime I will partake in a single payer system.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I'm not privy to this. I would rather have my sickness be better immediately.

Do you suppose this behavior is due to Obamacare? Or do they just not want to over-medicate?

It got worse under Obamacare, but I think it was just a coincidence that ObamaCare was related to it. I think that politics trying to force rules on Doctors to lower antibiotic use greatly is what caused this problem. That actually happened during Obama's reign but I do not think it is directly related to the president himself, If it is related to him directly, I would be the first to admit that politicians should keep their nose out of medicine. Except of course to keep things honest....a fox guarding a henhouse.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

In addition to Medicaid expansion, the risk management portion needs to be funded which will bring down the cost of everyone's premiums, including the people who don't qualify for subsidies. It would allow for lower deductibles as well.

These were the two legs kicked out from under what would have been a stable table. The third is the individual mandate, which enables pre-existing condition coverage and no caps on coverage for desperately sick people.

Sigh.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

How many times have I said on this board that they only need a Medicare expansion if we want to provide coverage to people with chronic or preexisting conditions and that the mandate would only inflate the cost of coverage?

My opinion based on 13 years experience writing software for healthcare might actually be right afterall.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join