It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the " alien selfie " debarcle - the implications of its veracity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

that is bizarre.. Time to break out the notepads and pens!!
I wonder if this thread will disappear soon?

ps.. love your avatar
edit on 25-2-2017 by Starcrossd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

rather - IF this tail is true - then what are the implications ?

Implications if true...
That life elsewhere is sort of like us. Taking a selfie to show those back home instead of just a pic of a tree....
Wonder what their culinary delights are ❓hopefully they don't have a "serving man" cookbook...😳

"Remotely deleted worldwide by them"

Imagine what else they could do, if they wanted to...absolutely frightening.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
I think this is it.

I don't know what to make of it. But even now, new discussions about it on 4 chan get taken down one by one.

It looks very real and very fake at the same time. Interesting photo..

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It looks very real and very fake at the same time. Interesting photo..

I agree. The background looks very real and the alien looks very fake.

Maybe we here at ATS should concoct a story and see if it gets the internet buzzing...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I am pretty sure that somebody else on here has realized that the image of the "alien" in front of the tree is a composite (making this particular alien image a fake/fraud/simulation/hoax/joke/whatever). Either that, or the website removed the alien so people wouldn't need therapy after viewing it.

This was easy to determine when I did a Google reverse image search and found a Middle Eastern website called, "The Tree of Knowledge", which posts the background image containing the caption, "Some plants in the desert grow".

Here is the image from the site:

Here is a link to the source: The Tree of Knowledge
(scroll down about 65% of the way through the page to get to the image)

edit on 2252017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The implications of the function 'delete all' amongst the network is something Hillary wishes she had.

Deep within the bunkers of the NSA, CIA octopus there maybe viruses, spiders and worms trying to gain this ability. In terms of full spectrum dominance it is another flag. With the Associated Press losing it's ability to censor information, there is a growing space for new tools and techniques to manage information and communication.

The reality of computers and the internet is a complex one. Companies like google and facebook have large departments of cheep labour approving and disproving images. Of course they will try to automate as much as they can as it does save a dollar. I would not be surprised to find automated deleting amongst there own systems once an image has been defined as bad.

As for taking this capability amongst the whole internet, it is a concern as for who or what gets to decide what is appropriate.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

<< 1   >>

join