It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

So lets take that thought - You don't like the idea that people want to get rid of retirement.

Who popularizes bullsh*t ideas ? The media.

I have never ran into my neighbor while they were mowing their lawn and had such things brought up.

It's more like one small group in the entire nation has such an idea - The media reports on it - And it becomes popularized.

I think a lot more of the ills of this country are to blame on the media than you would think. Idiots and asshats are not just born - They are created, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Idiots and asshats are not just born - They are created, in my opinion

Yes, they're created by our immoral capitalist society, and by religion and politics as well. Of course the media contributes too, but why do so many people want to just watch TV all day? Because they see that it's almost impossible to succeed in this country unless you're born into wealth.
edit on 25-2-2017 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

I believe fascists were created by the system
I think the system allows Narcissist's to get in .Having 1 inside the system is not good but if you get a bunch of them inside then the system will start to look fascistic . Imagine if you will a bunch of good decent well meaning people infiltrating a fascist Govt . The good tree good fruit analogy comes to mind .

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: frenchfries

The trend is just going towards where I look up "new" threads a lot more often than "top" threads - I just am not a consumer of ATS in the way that others might be - At least, I am not now - I have definitely participated in my share of partisan bashing.

Yeah, I have pretty much resorted to the same. I automatically click "recent" rather than looking at "Top" or "Hot" threads. I already know what it's going to be. All it is is a bunch of bickering between two political extremes that I already know I disagree with, so what's even the point?
edit on 25-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

And why is it very hard to succeed unless you are born into wealth?

I'd say government policies, regulations, taxes - And their marriage to corporations. ( just my opinion. )

Corporations that would not exist in a society with educated consumers.
Corporations that would not exist with a fair government.

Imagine if we knew and realized the impact that sweat-shops, third world labor has on our own country and others. Not like we're going to be taught this at school - America is made and china, and that's how some want to keep it.

Imagine if we all knew our value in society - The average person does all of the work - And doesn't get most of the benefit.

We grow the food, assemble the machines as well as create the parts, we ship the product, we sell the product, we do all of these things ... business is just the medium that organizes these processes and streamlines them for convenience and efficiency - Not to say there's no value in that, just to say that if we had a population of people that knew that they were the key players in a business, and deserved more than the organizers .. The country would be different.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

About that think tank ...creating a criteria for such a thing has to start with one person suggesting 1 thing ...I would like to see all of the personality types represented .(Human Metrics) I think there are 12/13 types ..I don't see gender playing a part but a consideration value

As one who wants equality for all and the government to get back to the days of when it had discretionary spending with accrued tax dollars. And with that thought, I will pose a suggestion.

Swiftly remove red and blue affiliated politicians aside, to vote on a fresh start of 5 or more parties. Keep the rules the same as far as governed policies unless and or until newly elected regimes vote in new laws. Every 20 years, a complete dis-attachment from previous political affiliations and their current terms shall be started fresh so evade the grasp of tyranny and legacy setting foot too deep within the citizen ran government.

Put me on a panel of 1,000, I don't care. These are beliefs that I may be willing to die for, but it's not fair to ask the masses (affect or past political choice, not cause) to kill one another over these affects. I would gladly resign from my job and commit my life to a panel that can and will successfully achieve political revolution... without request of pay. Thsi panel can not be created by one person... the movement itself must seek out neutral thought/action of individuals that are to get involved in the think tanks of such.

I hope one day an invite occurs on my end... I will let the vortexes spin as they will without trying to get to dizzy until then.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Great Point!

Hmmm... 5 of the top 10 wealthiest counties in merica residing in and around DC... no coincidence folks. What products do your voted politicians create and sell that make them so wealthy you ask?

www.worldatlas.com... tates.html

And thus the cream of the real problems rise to the surface... Rich vs. Poor... the new civil unrest. Sure the corporate scene runs influence... including politicians along the way. The problem there, lays when a business can earn a vote equal to a person... of which is unable to vote outside of motives of finances. The masses only path to equaling the balance of finances is to crumble the bridge that links the 2... the politicians that implement policy that represents the masses.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I know, don't get me wrong, I believe the topic is an excellent choice of discussion.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Swiftly remove red and blue affiliated politicians aside, to vote on a fresh start of 5 or more parties.
I am a advocate of less is best as far as partisan politics go .More parties may add more choices in principal but a full field of independent politicians put into the Govt. to govern for the people takes away any one political ideology from dominating . Let the elected politicians choose from their ranks the president figure head . They all have a job to do and so if any of them fail to fulfill their rolls or are caught in corruption the whole body should deal with that which would be part of their responsibilities .

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Takes away any one political ideology from dominating

This would be amazing! I mean - checks and balances exist for a reason, but I think partisan - politics is old, worn out, rusty, and should be thrown out. We need to start coming up with ideas that represent people, not partisans. We need to come up with ideas that help all - Not just a group. If you are not representing any specific group, you will not have any agendas to prop a group up, hold a group down.

Progress is made best when no one is trying to get ahead.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

There still lingers legacy and tyranny unless its a complete overhaul. I never said a full field of politicians... I want a citizen ran government... not politician ran one. Sure, I'd advocate for politicians to start fresh, and get back to the premises of 'We The People.' But, it should move forward as a stat driven system. One of which one reads previous votes and publicized opinions of past instead of a (R) or (D).

There is always grey area of debates wen it involves 300 million humans. That simply means, that to say red or blue are the only 50/50 options to pave a way out of rut is to create a wall and eliminate the grey area. Look at my recent post about the wealthiest counties in the nation... it's a joke that politicians live in 5 of the 10 richest U.S. counties.

I did not and will not vote red or blue... until people stop voting these clowns into office, the only blame can be placed on the voters... the voters allowed the legacy train to continue for well over 150 years now.

It's exactly why debates of who decides what now, and specifics are not considered time well spent... the train already went off the rails. What's the point of debating deep thought of conspiracy... if the debates of the old and wise baby boomers are not operating on the internet, yet the younger generations need a calculator to count from 99 to 100. I had an adult male tell me... 'I am sorry, I do not do math.'

It's running to fit the needs and wants of the current generations in play, but it really should be running to prepare for the future generations, as this one has already been chalked up in history as, laughable at best. Our fore father's heads would explode if they got thrown forward in time... to see all these amazing technologies be used for self gain.

So Sad Indeed!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Our western systems all seem to have the this idea of choice . We have come to know and realize that the US has been dominates by a two sides of the same coin system ...Trump bumping that table where both sides have their chips placed safely on the same coin really brought into perspective the reality of it all . Trump was and still seems to be independent and being attacked by both sides of that coin system .

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Maybe a better thought is what is a politician and its purpose . I view politicians and lawyers with equal contempt but have to admit at the same time you just cant use that broad brush ...So instead of electing politicians why not vote for someone who is honest, trust worthy , smart enough to articulate their constituents concerns and desires and who is willing to participate in the daily functions of the Govt ... As it stands there seem to be way too many useless functions that only add to the problems with the masses trying to maintain them ... A bare bones approach and KISS to what Govt. is and is not should be well defined .

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Nobody today was alive when the legacy and tyranny of government set forth... we all live in it's consequences. Why should defining a reality that occurs from change be put before the need for change?

Likewise, Thomas Jefferson never called for a revolution every generation or a revolution every 19 or 20 years. When Jefferson said, “God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion,” he was expressing the idea that “liberties are ensured by the spirit of resistance” and that all great nations had rebellions (again justifying that liberty shouldn’t be sacrificed by conservative worry). He says, “We have had 13 states, independent 11 years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state.”… so he is arguably justifying a revolution every century and a half more than every 20 years here.

factmyth.com... lion-and-revolution/

All that is desired, is a return for political decisions to be made on terms of 'People' and not 'Money.' I want influential people to run... such as Oprah or Morgan Freeman. Why do these people have to be foreign policy experts? With today being the info age, the policy experts should panel and advise the electors (not politicians).

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
And free minds discuss whatever the hell they want to discuss.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
And those with the very smallest minds talk about themselves...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Why do these people have to be foreign policy experts? With today being the info age, the policy experts should panel and advise the electors (not politicians).
Well yea the info age tied into the IT age make a lot of mental functions redundant . Or could, but I think the swings to different economic models and monetary policy's are decided by tptb . They want to be one or two steps ahead of the game they created and will continue to create ...Its the ultimate tool that someone has and is not likely to relinquish .

A revolution at this moment in time plays right into their wheel house .Finding a even playing field doesn't seem possible , at least in any way my mind can envision the process advancing . Its so apocalyptic when you look at places like NY city and other centers .

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

I agree, I love a get together that I have a few days a week in our local coffee shop, we have a nice littler group that consist of lawyer, IT tech, retire doctor, a zumba instruction, a retire police officer all with different background and we spend at least over an hour enjoying coffee and talking about everything from politics to health to social issues.

With no problems whatsoever regardless of our own personal believes.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Sure, TPTB do influence a good portion of entire masses. But why influence remains to be followed and supported is the bridge between influence landing at the door steps of reality. Those influences are formed by creating many many groups or forms of divide... funneling influence to the top of the pyramid while leaving the masses to find resolve among each other. Financial share increases as the willingness of looking the other way increases.

The good part of it all... is that people are no longer limited to books and TV for their information stimulation. The internet removes the influence... in slow fashion removing the influence from my life at least. Other than that, all I can do it voice my opinions on free thinking platforms and hope others remove influence from their lives as well.

I understand the need for government, but I am a Native American and stand strong with the poor Americans. I want my legacy to be viewed as a soul that was good at removing funds from the rich and moving it to areas of need. I am a pirate... nothing more. The titles and influences are as real as day, but the 'WHO' will never disrupt the 'WHY' of my decision making.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I am a Native American
I am Native Turtle Islander .Caught in the middle of a Corporate created idealism ...where their motto is "what to do about the Indian problem" ...They still haven't cracked that nut ...They do seem to have a historical narrative ready to roll out but that persistent hard shelled nut is still there ...Here is the real big problem for them (tptb) ...They also created the modern state if Israel ...looks like some things can't be un-done ... I like the good version of Robin Hood .

edit on 25-2-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join