It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AR-15s ‘Not Protected’ By 2nd Amendment & Can Be Banned, Court Rules In Landmark Decision

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Too late, there is well over 300,000,000 fire arms out there. If they wanted to do something, well it's too late.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
need I point out the obvious, in 1776 muskets were weapons of war and yet the founding fathers had no problem with the private ownership of muskets,so clearly the founding fathers intended for people to be allowed to own weapons of war.

They had no problem with private ownership because with a majority of the people if they didn't have one they didn't eat.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Ya know BAR is pretty cool but id take a .416 rigby, .458 lott or a .375 h and h 1st...not illegal but bloody expensive new. Gonna settle for a marlin 45 70

Have ya seen the bump stocks for ars? Fully legal full auto...super easy build add on
edit on 24-2-2017 by BlueJacket because: eta

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This wont stand up at all.......

Besides I can modify my .308 or .223 and you wouldnt be able to tell the difference between an AR and the sport modifications.....

These guys are idiots......

That being said, if they truly ARE scared now that Trump is president, they probably should not "poke" the American people with things like this to antagonize........

unless their sole purpose is a reaction, and being that were bordering on the precipice of a powder keg explosion, they might get it.....

Perhaps thats their end game after all.......

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Weapons of war? Here is a comprehensive and detailed list of every military engagement that the AR-15 was ever issued:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
How can all the Trump supporters be against this? All these judges are doing is making their part of America safe again. We need to keep any weapons like the AR's out of the hands of the children of Muslim refugees so they can't go on killing sprees.
Make America great again by making America safe again.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lulpin
Shall. Not. Be. Infringed.

And yet it shall. The question is: What do we do about it? When a government does not follow its own laws, what recourse do we have? Oh, right... they just tried to take our recourse away from us...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I enjoy firearms.

What I find unnerving is the fact that the supreme court was supposed to crush the ACA (Obama care). Guess what happened, the Judge Roberts Pooped the bed.

Of course we still have Ginsburg a hold over from the greatest man to ever breath, Reagan's admin. I would hope we never have to depend on the supreme court again.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

What?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
The US fourth Circuit court ruled that assault weapons and large capacity mags are not protected by the 2nd amend.
Oh, now that's gonna hurt some feelings!
edit on 24-2-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I've been to war and didn't see a single AR15 there.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

They had no problem with private ownership because with a majority of the people if they didn't have one they didn't eat.

wow you mean to say they didn't have cows, pigs, chickens and such,,and places where they could buy food.

what a lame post.

you know everybody back then didn't live like ol Daniel Boone did.

the majority then were people that lived in towns and cities that never ever shot the first bear. and those that didn't lived on farms where those mentioned above were abundant. now did they have to supplement their food supply from time to time sure they did, but nothing like your implying.
edit on 24-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Fair enough, didnt mean to divert the thread...i really do think its a posture hoping to run it at the Supreme Court before Trump appoints a conservative judge.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Exactly...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I'm curious whether any of these judges have ever handled a firearm before.

Every time I hear someone use the term "assault rifle" I automatically assume they dont know jack about guns.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

How and who?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Watching to much TV.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

that or just being a plain silly gun hater.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
I've been to war and didn't see a single AR15 there.

Not many outside former military will get that

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Boom there we go. I think we have the real reason to this really bad idea.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join