It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Boy Wins in First Round of Girls Wrestling Tournament

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

If she is a she, then wrestle girls-unless she is on performance enhancing drugs.

One the reassignment surgery is done, Bingo wrestle for real.

This person is narcissistic in wanting everyone to bend to their will and be NICE and FAIR, and not for a second considering others and how UNFAIR he (she) is being.

So what does a penis or lack thereof have to do with a clothed wrestling match? For all intents and purposes he has the body a boy. So your saying that because he has a vagina but is on testosterone that it is unfair for him to wrestle girls but alternatively it wouldn't be fair for him to wrestle boys unless he had a penis. Strength and build be damned we always find ourselves back at the issue of genitalia. Some of y'all are obsessed with what's in people's pants lol.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

The fact is that the chromosomes would tell the story. If we wish to bend gender, then the rest of society will have to have laws to protect the UN-enhanced and UN-undertransition girls and boys in sports.
edit on 24-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
how come i never see lions that identify as zebras... why does this problem occur in humans only if its a natural thing...

Tsk. Tsk.
I'm sure lots of animals, say dolphins, identify as something else, say hippopotamuses or tow trucks...

Sooo, closed minded!

/sarc

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: seasonal

Meh, there's plenty of women who could whup my butt. It isn't just about testosterone.

Knowing that it's going to be a controversial issue going in, I think one option is just to bow out and pursue other athletic interests.

Some things just aren't going to make perfect sense in the trans world no matter how many concessions are made.

It's still acting like a performance enhancer. Just because you've gone to seed and women who are trained haven't and can mop the floor with you doesn't mean that isn't so.

There was an instance of a transgender heshe who competed in Alaska and took fourth at state competing against girls and the trans lobby came out as if that proved it was all OK. But it isn't.

The hormonal issues still exist and do things to the body that linger and are not fair and will not be fair no matter how you slice and dice it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
a reply to: M5xaz

I grow tired of your petty ramblings, I concede to your ignorance of this issue. You win or at least you can tell yourself that and pat yourself on the back.

Clearly, I provided the exact opposite of ignorance, facts and science you are unable to refute. Projection ?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

The fact is that the chromosomes would tell the story. If we wish to bend gender, then the rest of society will have to have laws to protect the enhanced in sports.

You realize your retreating into a bag of excuses right? So now we're back to the molecular level when we already know and have established that it is the advantages would come from hormones and not directly from chromosomes. Yes normally chromosomes would determine an advantage EXCEPT in circumstances where those hormones have been suppressed and replaced with the alternative. You can blame x or y all you want but it's the t and the e that make the difference
I'm outnumbered here so deuces have fun obsessing over peoples genitals and chromosomes.
edit on 24-2-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
No, not the body of a boy for obvious reasons.

He can't have a vagina.

A girl (vagina) can wrestle with boys

I hate to break it to you, but genitalia is a factor to determine male and female. What else should we use?

So what does a penis or lack thereof have to do with a clothed wrestling match? For all intents and purposes he has the body a boy. So your saying that because he has a vagina but is on testosterone that it is unfair for him to wrestle girls but alternatively it wouldn't be fair for him to wrestle boys unless he had a penis. Strength and build be damned we always find ourselves back at the issue of genitalia. Some of y'all are obsessed with what's in people's pants lol.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

No, if she is a she and on performance enhancing drugs she should not be wrestling.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

MEDICALLY ALTERED BOY WINS A WOMEN'S WRESTLING MATCH

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Why do progressives hate science?

It is a biological fact that males are naturally much stronger than females due to higher testosterone levels.

It isn't progressives keeping him from wrestling the other guys.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

how come i never see lions that identify as zebras... why does this problem occur in humans only if its a natural thing...
nature never gets things this wrong. you may get 2 of something, or one of something, but there will be no physiological ambiguity as to what you are , ever. no brain is ever accidentally in the wrong body. its impossible.

this is getting mental, i wonder how they coped in the 1700s... or is this a new evolutionary hick up..

You do not see lions identify as zebras because that's apples and oranges. However, you do see all matters of gender variance among several species. So humans are not unique in that way. I'm actually surprised you have set yourself in the land of "I understood something a certain way as I grew up therefore scientific and medical updates to that understanding won't change my mind". You've always struck me as a critical thinker. I imagine you are the type of person who would dig a little deeper, check out WPATH or something similar, and maybe look up the pathology of in utero causes. And yes, they dealt with this in the 1700's. In fact, some of the very first writings mention gender dysphoria (cuneiform).

I give you enough credit to not judge you as a generally-ignorant person. Why don't you buy a six-pack this weekend and go nuts on scholarly articles. Pump the soundtrack of Hedwig the Angry Inch just for fun. It'll make for a fun and nerdy evening, I promise.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

All that aside, how is it fair that the girl who is on enhancing drugs wrestling girls who are all natural?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Ah I posted a thread long ago about a heshe mma fighter, who destroyed his female opponent, literally breaking bones in her face. This isn't fair to the true sex that the team/league is made for.

Firstly heshe is derogatory but I'll forgive you this one time. So isn't this what certain people want? For this kid to participate in the athletics program based on his genitals as opposed to the rest of his body to include brain. So it's cheating if a Trans FtM (Female to male) wrestles with girls? So then should he compete with boys and if so then wouldn't that mean a Teen MtF (male to female) should wrestle girls?. I mean one set of hormones adds strength while the opposite formula would diminish strength. No common sense used here at all but hey it's Texas.

No common sense ?
The genitals and XY or XX genes define the gender, basic biology, you know, science .
No common sense Rainbow, but hey, liberals....

I knew someone would try this, yes no common sense. Meaning the state allowed a student who for all intents and purposes has the body and build of an athletic teen aged boy wrestle teen females of inferior build repeatedly with no intention on making the appropriate switch. No instead people would rather take away this childs right to compete all together, sure lets take the easy way out. We would rather dwell on the molecular aspects of gender as opposed to the physical and very tangible aspects but hey, Conservatives...oh and I'm not particularly liberal viva la second amendment.

We would rather dwell on the molecular aspects of gender... you mean like the science part where we identify a person's gender by... their gender?

But hey, confused trans-political person posting so it's OK?

Thank you for the laugh tonight.. I'm out to reality.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
So why can't boys/men take steroids as this girl is, in order to become even more masculine?

Why can't they say I identify as the biggest beat of a man there is, so I want steroids to achieve that? I knew many skinny boys who'd have loved to take steroids to become more masculine, in their eyes. What about their feelings?
edit on 24-2-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

this is a joke right? a spade is a spade...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

So it's unfair if someone who looks like a boy but is a girl on the birth certificate wrestles girls? Yet we expect that same person to use the womens restroom?

Some consistency would be nice.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
I would not expect the restroom thing to work the way it has since restrooms were being used.

Shut up and use the one you look like.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
it seems the best way to deal with this, is to create "trans male and female leagues". it's unfair that boys participate in female sports and vice versa. and it is also unfair that boys and girls who are on things like steroids participate in sports against those that are unenhanced. therefore if they want to be involved in competitive sports, they should have their own leagues to play against people with the same advantages and disadvantages that they do. it is the only truly fair way to deal with the issue. that is one of the main reasons we have male and female sports and leagues in the first place.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

how come i never see lions that identify as zebras...

Probably because those are different species, not different genders. Then again, how do you know animals don't deal with this? Have you figured out some way to ask them and get a response?

this is getting mental, i wonder how they coped in the 1700s... or is this a new evolutionary hick up..

They usually played dressup, it was more common back then than it is today. Even J Edgar Hoover liked to do it, and a popular trope from 50+ years ago was that every family had that one weird uncle who was into that sort of stuff. For an issue that affects 1 in 4000 people these days, the stereotypes seem to have been much more common in the past.
edit on 24-2-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Abysha

All that aside, how is it fair that the girl who is on enhancing drugs wrestling girls who are all natural?

It's totally not. Which is why it's stupid to make him wrestle girls.

And on a side-note, he's not on "enhancing drugs" unless all men are. He's a boy. That's what boys have running through their system.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join