It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been doing some thinking. I'll accept transgender toilet rules on 1 condition.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Humans are evolved from apes where 1 male hogs all the females. That's why humans have sexual dimorphism, unlike lemurs which do not because they are monogamous. Women have every right to be suspecting of men who are near them. Men are prone to crime and perversion. That's why it is not equality for men and women to go to whichever washroom they wish.

There are washrooms for men and washrooms for women in the first place for that exact reason.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Trans people don't "claim" to be the opposite sex, they identify as the opposite sex. Big difference.

Would you care to elaborate on what you mean here and what this "big difference" is?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
As I watch this getting more ridiculous and convoluted I want to return to my initial stance on this:

Regardless of the clothing of the persons involved. Regardless of the gender of the persons involved. When you make it ok for a man to enter a girls restroom or locker room there will be predators who will take advantage of that convenient opportunity. And yes, some of them may even be trans-gendered people. That is possible too. But that honestly doesn't matter. What matters is that predators are not stupid, they are opportunists. And this is too great an opportunity for them to pass up.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Why do you keep saying a man in a girls restroom?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
As an example. I am XY. I have a penis. I have testosterone. I am biologically male. That's my biological sex. Heck, these days people can tell the sex of their babies when they are only a few weeks old. Sex is not up for discussion. It is gender that is up for discussion. I can claim I am male or female on any particular day. That is my civil freedom in the west. Wild animals have sex. They do not have transgender because they do not that such a culture.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

As I watch this getting more ridiculous and convoluted I want to return to my initial stance on this:

Regardless of the clothing of the persons involved. Regardless of the gender of the persons involved. When you make it ok for a man to enter a girls restroom or locker room there will be predators who will take advantage of that convenient opportunity. And yes, some of them may even be trans-gendered people. That is possible too. But that honestly doesn't matter. What matters is that predators are not stupid, they are opportunists. And this is too great an opportunity for them to pass up.

Vroom, and I mean this quite seriously, what is there in place right now to stop a man assaulting your son in a washroom, or a lady assaulting your daughter?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Locker rooms I still have issues with.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Why do you keep saying a man in a girls restroom?

Because these new rules allow for that to happen. A man can walk in to a girls restroom claiming he identifies as a female and if you stop him he will probably sue you for a civil rights violation.

A transgender female is a man who identifies as a woman and, presumably, is transitioning to female anatomy, though that is not always the case. As such, it is possible for a predator, in this case a male, to claim to identify as a woman to take advantage of the situation.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Gender is cultural. Sex is biological. Wild animals may occasionally have a homosexual relationship. But they never have transgender. Because while homosexuality is biological, transgender is not. Transgender is strictly cultural.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Which bathroom?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Unfortunately most child sexual assaults are by male family members.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If we allow men to go to women's washrooms, then why don't we also allow men to sexually assault women? After all, progressives may claim it is yet another civil right.

Going too fast too much can open up a whole can of worms.
edit on 24-2-2017 by fandancego because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: fandancego
Gender is cultural. Sex is biological. Wild animals may occasionally have a homosexual relationship. But they never have transgender. Because while homosexuality is biological, transgender is not. Transgender is strictly cultural.

That doesn't even make any sense.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: fandancego
If we allow men to go to women's washrooms, then why don't we also allow men to sexually assault women? After all, progressives may claim it is yet another civil right.

Going too fast too much can open up a whole can of worms.

Wow, I don't think there is a word for your kind of stupid.

Smfh.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Vroom, and I mean this quite seriously, what is there in place right now to stop a man assaulting your son in a washroom, or a lady assaulting your daughter?

Nothing except the vigilance of others. But that would be same-sex pedophiles, which thankfully are fewer in number than opposite sex pedophiles. These new rules open up the possibility of the more numerous opposite sex pedophiles seizing the opportunity making the situation even worse.

You son enters a public restroom and you wonder in the back of your mind if there is a predator in there. You hope not, but you know it is possible. You saw the other men entering that restroom and you hope they are nice people. Same thing for your daughter. You see the women coming and going and you hope they are nice people, not predators. Now with the new rules you see a man in unisex clothing walk in to the restroom right behind your daughter. Are you going to tell me you won't be worried? Or maybe try to stop him? And he gets exactly what he wants: attention, a reason to sue you, or a chance to take advantage of your daughter if you don't intervene.

I am not saying this will happen every day in every restroom. But these rules allow for the possibility, moreso than now.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Freija, you are just f'n awesome.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Think about it. Forced kiss. Forced fondling. Grab 'em by the pu***. None of those cause physical injury. Maybe mental injury, but so does men going to women's washrooms. If men going to women washroom is a civil right, then one can claim so is sexual assault.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Freija, you are just f'n awesome.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The one that matches their junk.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Nothing except the vigilance of others. But that would be same-sex pedophiles, which thankfully are fewer in number than opposite sex pedophiles. These new rules open up the possibility of the more numerous opposite sex pedophiles seizing the opportunity making the situation even worse.

You son enters a public restroom and you wonder in the back of your mind if there is a predator in there. You hope not, but you know it is possible. You saw the other men entering that restroom and you hope they are nice people. Same thing for your daughter. You see the women coming and going and you hope they are nice people, not predators. Now with the new rules you see a man in unisex clothing walk in to the restroom right behind your daughter. Are you going to tell me you won't be worried? Or maybe try to stop him? And he gets exactly what he wants: attention, a reason to sue you, or a chance to take advantage of your daughter if you don't intervene.

I am not saying this will happen every day in every restroom. But these rules allow for the possibility, moreso than now.

You are feeding on the fear that transgendered folks are perverts, and from my experience that is not true. I would honestly be more concerned if some really hot lady walked up beside me at a urinal and took a leak.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join