It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been doing some thinking. I'll accept transgender toilet rules on 1 condition.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Why would a 5 year old be "changing" in a bathroom with no walls with anyone at all?

If you think this will be limited to bathrooms, laughable. Changing rooms, locker rooms, showers, transgenders will have access to all of them, it's their civil right.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

The though of penis in their washroom also disgusts women.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Do you stare at people when your in a locker room or in the bathroom?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: fandancego
I have already accepted gay marriage. The Bible says marriage is between 2 persons, not necessarily between a man and a woman. I'm cool with that.

Regarding transgender toilet rules, I'll accept on 1 condition. If a male transgender is to be allowed into a female washroom, then he can only be allowed in if he has changed body to female, as in the case of Jackie Evancho's transgender sister.

www.youtube.com...

You either do not understand what the term "transgender" means,

Or you are purposely being a fool.

A "transgender male" is, in their own mind, a female.

Just as a "transgender female" is, in their mind, a male.

Now, if that concept is too difficult for you to grasp, try this:

Find a photo of a face belonging to someone of the sex opposite yours. Make sure the face is large enough to cover your own face and cut out the photo to make a mask.

Cut out a couple of eyeholes in the mask, hold it up in front of your own face while looking in a mirror.

Does what you see in the mirror change how you feel about your real identity? If you are male, do you suddenly feel like a woman because a woman's face is what you see in the mirror?

Or if you're a woman, do you now feel like you should have a penis?

Likely not in either case.

Now imagine if the mask covered not just your face but you entire body, and you could not remove it: this is how you were born.

Bet you can hardly wait to use the bathroom that matches your mask, not your reality, right?

Not!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I don't think I've ever seen such a large group of people obsessed with other people's genitals. It's almost amusing at this point. Well, it would be if it wasn't so sad, weird and creepy.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Not now, when I was a child, of course.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Everyone has a biological sex. That is their default gender. Are there any transgenders in Iran, Iraq, Syria? Not even 0.00001% of the population. Western countries have 1% of population being transgender because of culture, not because of biology.

I live in the west, so I am free to choose my gender, even though I am biologically male. That is the freedom in the west. Today I can be male. Tomorrow I can be female. The next day I can be male again.
edit on 24-2-2017 by fandancego because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: thesaneone

Not now, when I was a child, of course.

Curiosity is normal and I'm betting you turned out fine in life.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Just take a sh!t and shut up. That goes to both supporters and objectors.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: fandancego

I'm a woman and honestly I've never once been disgusted by the thought of a penis in the washroom. I believe men who transition into women are attracted to men, so why would I be worried about them using my restroom?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
How about unisex washrooms? Are those popular?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
How about unisex washrooms? Are those popular?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Do you honestly think a transgender who hasn't had the full sex change is going to go into a bathroom or changing room and just flop his piece around for anyone to see?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Is that the same as a family bathroom?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I don't think it's the same. It supposed to have toilets in their or both males and females. That means in a unisex locker room males and females look at each other's naked bodies, no?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: fandancego
Everyone has a biological sex. That is their default gender. Are there any transgenders in Iran, Iraq, Syria? Not even 0.00001% of the population. Western countries have 1% of population being transgender because of culture, not because of biology.

Sorry, Iran has the largest transgender population of any Muslim country and that's not necessarily because homosexuality is illegal. Transgender people exist and have existed across all cultures and geographic boundaries throughout all recorded history. Your statement is simply false. Indian and Samoan cultures also recognize a third gender, the Hijra an Fa'afafine and many native cultures have recognized two-spirited people and revered them as Shamans.

I live in the west, so I am free to choose my gender, even though I am biologically male. That is the freedom in the west. Today I can be male. Tomorrow I can be female. The next day I can be male again.

I bet that's hell on the wardrobe budget? Don't confuse being genderfluid or gender non-conforming with transgender persons having gender dysphoria, the medical name for what this is.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Only if you CHOOSE to look at someone's naked body. Or choose to go in there in the first place. Jeez, this isn't prison. No one needs to be worried about dropping the soap.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I mean, there are always people who are not comfortable with the opposite sex coming into their washrooms. There will always be lawsuits. Unless male and female washrooms get replaced with unisex washrooms, the lawsuits won't stop because it is an infringement on others.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm not understanding the toilet thing, are you saying it needs to have a toilet and a urinal?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

One question: what safeguard is there against a male pedophile declaring he identifies as a female and walking in to a girls restroom and taking advantage of the situation? Or just your normal everyday rapist? Opportunity is a great advantage for a predator.

Don's say that happens now. When a man walks in to a girls restroom he gets noticed. If these new rules are allowed to continue no one will dare question his presence for fear of being accused of a civil rights crime.

Once again: I identify as a roast beef sammich. This whole issue can bite me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join