It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been doing some thinking. I'll accept transgender toilet rules on 1 condition.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: fruiteater
I am a guy, but say I identify as a girl even though my driver's license says I'm a guy, and I compete in girls sports? That's way too easy.

Sports competition has to be taken on a case-by-case basis, in my opinion.

In the trans male wrestler case you just posted, he has been taking testosterone for a while, so has more male-developed muscles and strength. He wanted to compete with other males by the way, but wasn't allowed because Texas requires going by the gender on the birth certificate.

For a trans female, it depends on their original physique and how long they have been taking female hormones. Those who have taken them before puberty will not have the male physique or power, so they could compete with other women. Those who waited until after puberty (when the male physique has already been developed) or those who haven't been taking hormones very long should probably either compete with other men, or just hold off competing altogether.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Nice try. What if it's another handicapped person using the handicapped stall when you go in there? You still have to wait until they finish.

Some guy walking down the street decides one day he thinks he is a woman and wants to use the girls restroom.

There you go, showing how you really feel about the transgender population. You are too transparent.

If it was another handicapped person I wouldn't complain. It might not be convenient, but I wouldn't complain about it. But I can honestly tell you this - the entire time I have been handicapped, going on ten years now, I have only had to wait once for a handicapped stall that was actually occupied by a handicapped person. Once. Take my place of employment. I was the only handicapped person on my floor, but that stall was occupied all day long, for hours at a time. And it was never a handicapped person. It was some jerk playing on his cell phone instead of sitting at his desk doing his job. And when I complained to HR I was told to try to be less sensitive about it. Maybe that should be the advice for you too. Solves everything, right?

How I really feel? Transparent? How have I been transparent? I have said EXACTLY how I feel from day one. My scenario, though a bit tongue in cheek, is accurate. One day he is a guy. The next day, for whatever reason, he decided he is a woman and wants the world to respect his new perception of himself. How is that transparent? It sounds trivial, and in his mind it may have been a long time coming, but from the outside he is male one day and supposedly female the next. I don't see the entire journey, assuming there is one. All I see is a guy on Monday who on Tuesday announces he is a woman and wants to use the girls restroom. And according to you I have no choice but to be ok with that. I am not allowed to be offended that a woman was using the restroom with me yesterday and I am not allowed to be offended that a man is using the restroom with my wife and daughter today. Nice try.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I find it very difficult to believe that the HR dept was fine with an employee spending all day in the bathroom playing on their cell phone instead of working. Very difficult indeed.

You must think I'm too dumb to pick up on your little hate fest for trans people. People with gender dysphoria go through years of distress/anxiety/depression/frustration at their situation. It takes a long time to work with a therapist, a doctor, an endocrinologist, etc. to go through the transition process.

Whatever. I'm obviously not going to change or educate your narrow mind. Hate away. It won't affect the massive efforts on the part of people/companies/organizations to achieve non-discrimination under the laws for the transgender population. It WILL happen.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I find it very difficult to believe that the HR dept was fine with an employee spending all day in the bathroom playing on their cell phone instead of working. Very difficult indeed.

That kind of sums it up for you doesn't it? If you choose not to believe it, even though you have no knowledge of the events whatsoever, then its not true. You make a judgement based on your personal experience and assert your experience is everyone else's too. Yet I am not afforded that luxury.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the liberal. A proud history of warping your personal experience into their advantage whenever it is convenient for them to do so. Join now and get your very own Happy Hat, complete with blinders and ear plugs. And don't forget your secret whistle decoder ring. When you blow in it, it screams, "Waaaaaaaaaaaaa".
(therapy dog not included)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Can i just remind you people of something?

1. You can be raped with more than just a penis. It can happen with objects, fingers etc. If you are stating that a sex change proves something.. I'd like to know what that is. Demanding a sex change is futile. If they are a rapist, it changes nothing. It is also unenforceable.
Also a rapist is not going to hang around in the toilets and state they are transgender to anyone challenging their presence. Logic would state they actually would avoid anyone except their victim. They would not want to be identified, and a guy hanging around in the female toilets is pretty obvious.

2. Most importantly.. if someone is going to follow someone else into a restroom and rape them.. do you really think they care about the rules? Do you really believe that say, banning males from the female toilets, will stop rapists from raping someone in there? Of course not. Use common sense.

3. There has been very serious assaults on transgender when they have used the toilets aligned with their birth sex. I could not find a single record of a transgender attacking a person in a toilet. It is clear to see who needs protection.

The scaremongering and frankly, BS.. needs to stop. We go to the toilet to do our business and leave, that includes transgender. Rapists do not care about the rules, they are going to commit rape.. they don't care if you say they can't use that bathroom.

Stop kicking this political football.
edit on 3/3/2017 by LilFox because: Typo

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LilFox

Nail in the proverbial coffin of their logic. Nicely done.

To be completely honest, its just more of the same bull#, specifically, people's weakness to targeting and scapegoating others as being "bad" or "wrong" for simply being different in most cases. They'll fabricate and believe delusory ideas to justify their hatred of people that are different, but who are not harmful.

edit on 3-3-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join