It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Migrant Shelters Notice Spike in Deportees Coming from US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: eluryh22

Are you really serious? People from Mexico and Latin America come here for work, mainly. To make more money. Many send it back to their families.

You are really smarter than that to ask that question. I am dumbfounded you did.

Maybe they were asking why isn't Mexico as prosperous as the USA. Why don't they have the same job and earning opportunities as we do here in the states.

What is the difference?

The government.

Look at Canada - they're also our neighbors and our economy dwarfs theirs. So why aren't droves of Canadians coming across the border illegally?

The government.

Or the heat. Because # being hot.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It has never been about deporting 10 million people... that was never going to happen, its the perception of them trying which might slow down the influx and influence the people here to finally actually work to become citizens.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
According to me, the source doesn't matter. Illegal aliens will be out of here soon.

Someone research any increase of hiring rate in companies where they usually work. Those guys need to be replaced.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It's simple economics dude.

Why doesn't the Mexican government care about changing that? That's a whole other thread.

That's the singular point I'm trying to make.

All other issues about illegal immigration (pertaining to Mexico) are side-shows. Side shows that do have various economic and social ramifications... but side-shows nonetheless. Especially if the conversation is truly about solving a very real problem.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So, if it is their government causing all of these ills, don't the people get the government they deserve? If the people allow the Mexican government to be totally corrupt, what happens when they come here en mass? Are they just going to amend their ways and start supporting the USA for what made it great to begin with?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Why don't you make a thread and you can talk about Mexican people all you like?

This thread is about people being sent back to Mexico, not the government of Mexico and personal disposition of Mexican people coming north.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Like I said, that's a subject for a whole other thread entirely.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Like I said, that's a subject for a whole other thread entirely.

I'm not entirely sure how beneficial "this" thread is if you don't want to incorporate the reasons that people are entering from Mexico so desperately to begin with. I don't know how a person takes a single part of a complex situation and act as if it exists in a vacuum.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They can set up shelters, but not firebomb the cartels.

Mexico has ZERO, and I repeat ZERROOOOO credibility in basically anything.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: xuenchen

To me, stories like this one and practically speaking, ALL the stories about illegals from Mexico fall under the umbrella of a single question.

The question isn't about Trump. It isn't about Obama. It isn't about farmers or welfare or racism or drugs.

The question is....

What the hell is wrong with Mexico?

I've posed this question before on this site..... but Mexico is not too different from the United States in raw ingredients. It's got a large land mass. It's got coast line and natural resources. It's got a population that are, in general, more similar than different.

So what the hell is wrong with Mexico? Why is everyone there so broke? Why is everyone trying to sneak into the nation to the North?

If the Mexican government, at the higher and hopefully more responsible levels, can't seem to reign in the problem brought about by the cartels.... then rather than b-tching and complaining about the U.S. deporting their citizens that break into the U.S. ..... then they should ask the U.S. for assistance in rooting out the cartels. To be candid... after decades of training "moderate-things" across oceans.... helping Mexico get into shape would be a relative snap.

then the higher ups loose all the back door drug money you think their going to let that happen..?

thats the problem your spot on

top topics

<< 1   >>

join