It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House hand-picks select media outlets for briefing

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Why should anyone have to wait to confront the actions of the President?

I mean, whether we're right or wrong, this idea that it's improper (or even disloyal) to criticize the actions, the man, whatever ... that boat has sailed effective in the 1990s in our current generation and certainly as of January 2009.

In fact, it is entirely AMERICAN to do so.

If Mr. Trump wasn't prepared to face the criticism of a nation, he shouldn't have put himself in front of it.

What a joke... I guess you don't remember all the race hating the last 8 years. A US congressman was censured in the early weeks of the Obama's tenure just for voicing his disapproval. The hypocracy is astounding!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
"were news organizations that President Trump has singled out for criticism, including CNN. "

Read: singled out for FAKE NEWS and simple lles.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

We agree on one point ... the hypocrisy is astounding.

Nothing else.

PS: I didn't mention race at all. Way to deflect.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow

I mean, whether we're right or wrong, this idea that it's improper (or even disloyal) to criticize the actions, the man, whatever ... that boat has sailed effective in the 1990s in our current generation and certainly as of January 2009.

If Mr. Trump wasn't prepared to face the criticism of a nation, he shouldn't have put himself in front of it.

What a joke... I guess you don't remember all the race hating the last 8 years. A US congressman was censured in the early weeks of the Obama's tenure just for voicing his disapproval. The hypocracy is astounding!

Obama is not the president anymore, I remember conservatives like myself and many more on this board, repeatedly telling Obama to get Bushs name out of his mouth because hes president now.....

I feel the same way with Trump and his supporters as well.........Trump is president now......how bout some accountability and stop deflecting.....

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Like I said before if you want to ride the bus you have to behave.

Simple thing really!!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm going to allow myself a few days of hope that the President actually follows through on this and goes after the real issues in human trafficking, rather than using this as another publicity affair, or pandering to the wild conspiracy theories of his base, or discrediting perceived enemies.

Let's give the man the benefit of the doubt and see what happens!

edit on 25-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

Simple thing really!!

Sure, if you believe the complexities of adult life can be reduced to an simplistic metaphor that has nothing to do with the actual situation.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Gryphon66

I sure hope you got an Applause! for this post.

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

And you also --- MBTM. You two are voices of sanity that make it easier for me to come here. Love ya both.

Thanks Buzzy! If I'm the voice of sanity ...we're in real trouble.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Sounds like a good idea to me. But isn't that what libel laws are for already???

If someone intentionally lies or reports something false about someone they can be sued for it. Although it's very difficult to prove like you said.

So, like you, I don't know if it would actually work, but it's better than nothing at all.

The real problem is that proving someone "knowingly" lied about something could be very hard to do. Especially if it's just the guy reporting something. I mean unless they do the actual investigating then they wouldn't really know if it's true or not. So it would seem that they would always have a way out of it because they could always use the excuse that they just report what others have given them. Since they wouldn't know if what they were reporting was actually true or not.

But at least it's a step in the right direction.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
"Lügenpresse!" Look it up. History is repeating itself.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

a reply to: onthedownlow

We agree on one point ... the hypocrisy is astounding.

Nothing else.

PS: I didn't mention race at all. Way to deflect.

Way to deflect? Anyone who said anything negative about Obama was called a racist, I brought it up! You are the one that suggests that it is unamerican to not allow ill speak. There your frigging hypocracy is... it's in all of your double standards!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: onthedownlow

Obama is not the president anymore, I remember conservatives like myself and many more on this board, repeatedly telling Obama to get Bushs name out of his mouth because hes president now.....

I feel the same way with Trump and his supporters as well.........Trump is president now......how bout some accountability and stop deflecting.....

Wtf? Precedent is precedent. What the heck is wrong with mentioning that Barack Obama set the precedent. Some jackass tries to suggest that criticism of an American presiden became acceptable in '09, but you want to accuse me of deflecting because I point out that the left was less than tolerant of presidential criticisms since '09? I was talking about hypocracy, not obama, so slow your roll and check yourself.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

Simple thing really!!

you have to pay attention if you want to come to these meetings

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join