It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Feds Continue To Blame Russia, Indiana Officials Expose DHS In Massive 2016 Election Hack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Oddly this same excuse could be made for claims of Russian hacking.

I covered that here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why has no-one responded to this post? And why do some people accuse me of being ignorant about spoofing, while others agree that it is possible, which is why the intelligence community may be wrong about Russia?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

IP spoofing is limitative. When an attacker uses a fake IP for the packets he sends, he will usually not be able to receive the answer, unless he has some extensive power over the overall network: that's because the response will be sent to the fake IP, not the attacker's actual IP address. In particular, this makes it hard for the attacker to spoof IP addresses for TCP connections.

In fact, most successful intrusions have a non-spoofed components. Attackers use relay hosts (compromised machines around the world) to try to make them harder to track down, but that's not spoofing.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Found in the wikileaks publication Vault 7 :

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Do you think the Russians don't have this technology?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

The Russians, Israel, the Chinese, ... may all have similar tech.
What are you defending when deflecting on Russia ?
Defenitly not the average American citizen.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
CIA kept Russian cyber-attack techniques handy for false flags according to the vault 7 leaks... I would put nothing, and I do mean nothing past, certain folks in the alphabet agencies who would sell their own mothers if it meant a promotion and or an attaboy on their evaluation report.

To many agencies with little or no oversight by those elected officials who should be defending the citizens against the likes of the CIA shenanigans...
edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Now you know why the intelligence community isn't bothering to make the IP data for the alleged Russian hacks public. It wouldn't prove anything. That's why the case relies so heavily on circumstantial evidence.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

If only you weren't whining about your 'IP spoofing' statement receiving no attention ...

How about considering this :

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
That's why the case relies so heavily on circumstantial evidence.

But there's just as much - if not more - circumstantial evidence pointing towards the left-leaning establishment (intelligence community, DNC & MSM) being responsible for their own hacking, by way of corruption/self-interests and negligence/incompetence. How is it that hard to believe that an insider that had access and who could no longer stomach living with what they knew, decided they needed to do something? You make it seem as if they were angels and that only the evil Russians could possibly want to put a stop to their agenda!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Where is your circumstantial evidence? Apparently, like many members here, you feel that America is inherently evil and corrupt, and that alone is enough to suspect the government of sabotaging itself.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Who are defending by deflecting on America? Definitely not the average American citizen. Your Nazi coup is being thwarted at this very moment.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Are the CIA, FBI and DHS American or Russian ?
Are they supposed to serve the interest of the average American or their own agenda ?

Silly Reductio Ad Hitmerum for good purpose.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Are the CIA, FBI and DHS American or Russian ?

They are American, although the latest Wikileaks revelations show how it is possible for intelligence agencies like the FSB and GRU to spoof IP addresses. Even you admit that. American agencies are there to defend the American people, whether you choose to believe it or not.

Are they supposed to serve the interest of the average American or their own agenda ?

There agenda is to serve the American people and defend them from people like you.
edit on 9-3-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

They are American, although the latest Wikileaks revelations show how it is possible for intelligence agencies like the FSB and GRU to spoof IP addresses. Even you admit that. American agencies are there to defend the American people, whether you choose to believe it or not.

No, once again, you are fabricating statement from other members the evade from the BS you posted earlier.
IP spoofing sounds plausible but, when you have a good understanding of how computer networking works, you realize it is not a one-size-fit-all solution as you suggested.
I don't believe it is in American people's interest to have their elections rigged by their own governmental agencies.

There agenda is to serve the American people and defend them from people like you.

And they end up serving the 1% over the rest ...

Officials Say WikiLeaks CIA Leak is Authentic

At least, they are not denying the obvious like you do.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

No, once again, you are fabricating statement from other members the evade from the BS you posted earlier.

All I said is that you admit that it is possible to spoof IP addresses. You will say it again in this very post I am responding to.

IP spoofing sounds plausible but, when you have a good understanding of how computer networking works, you realize it is not a one-size-fit-all solution as you suggested.

Where did I say it was a one-size-fits-all "solution?" Fabricating statements again?

I don't believe it is in American people's interest to have their elections rigged by their own governmental agencies.

Are you implying that it was US intelligence agencies that put Donald Trump in the White House? He did win, after all.

And they end up serving the 1% over the rest ...

How ironic. The White House is now completely occupied by the 1%, and yet the cabal of billionaires there are screaming that the very agencies you are accusing of serving the 1% are scheming against them.

Officials Say WikiLeaks CIA Leak is Authentic

Where did I say the leaks are not authentic? Once again, you are putting words in other people's mouths. What did you yourself call that? Lying.

At least, they are not denying the obvious like you do.

You are the one who is denying the obvious. You know that the Russians are interfering in politics all over Europe, and you are lying in support of it. How can you sleep at night?

edit on 9-3-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Red states are just sucking up to Trump.

That is an astute and very professional assessment.

Boy are you in for a surprise come march 20th

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

All I said is that you admit that it is possible to spoof IP addresses. You will say it again in this very post I am responding to.

And I never did, that's why I consider you are fabricating other poster statments.

Where did I say it was a one-size-fits-all "solution?" Fabricating statements again?

Here :
And why do some people accuse me of being ignorant about spoofing, while others agree that it is possible, which is why the intelligence community may be wrong about Russia?
And here :
Operating from a false IP address is a technique called "spoofing." Any professional hacker can masquerade as any agency they want. Zero proof presented of DHS involvement, just claims designed to deflect and confuse.

That is clearly an ambious statement from someone who doesn't know about the practical aspects of IP spoofing.

Are you implying that it was US intelligence agencies that put Donald Trump in the White House? He did win, after all.

Indeed Trump won. There has been elections recently in the US.
He has been elected. Deal with it.

How ironic. The White House is now completely occupied by the 1%, and yet the cabal of billionaires there are screaming that the very agencies you are accusing of serving the 1% are scheming against them.

He is a billionaire, but wasn't campaigning for billionaires interests.
His policies will backfire against the lowest classes but the conequences may well be more embarassing and problematic for 'the establishment'. Reaching the whitehouse didn't make him part of the establishment.

Which words don't you understand in the following statement :

IP spoofing is limitative. When an attacker uses a fake IP for the packets he sends, he will usually not be able to receive the answer, unless he has some extensive power over the overall network: that's because the response will be sent to the fake IP, not the attacker's actual IP address. In particular, this makes it hard for the attacker to spoof IP addresses for TCP connections.

So I tell you it is limitative, unpractical, and not appropriate for TCP connection (assuming you know the difference between TCP and UDP but here, I might be ambicious) and you jump to conclusion that it is possible.
It should be theoritically possible to put a satelite into orbit with a giant slingshot but that doesn't make it a likely solution.

Where did I say the leaks are not authentic? Once again, you are putting words in other people's mouths. What did you yourself call that? Lying.

Then acknowledge the content and consider your 'deflect-it-on-the-Russians' attitude is now absolutely ridiculous.
Oh, BTW, buckle up :

Less Than 1 percent of Vault 7 Series Has Been Released.

You are the one who is denying the obvious. You know that the Russians are interfering in politics all over Europe, and you are lying in support of it. How can you sleep at night?

Because since the time I've been chating with you and, when I see in retrospect all your alarming statements proven false, I'm enjoying being able to laugh at your idiocy.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

And I never did, that's why I consider you are fabricating other poster statments.

Liar:

The Russians, Israel, the Chinese, ... may all have similar tech.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Liar ?

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
Which words don't you understand in the following statement :

So I tell you it is limitative, unpractical, and not appropriate for TCP connection (assuming you know the difference between TCP and UDP but here, I might be ambicious) and you jump to conclusion that it is possible.
It should be theoritically possible to put a satelite into orbit with a giant slingshot but that doesn't make it a likely solution.

Idiot ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join