It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump holds anti human trafficking meeting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I think we can all agree that going after the issue of human trafficking would be a good thing, is it not? Isn't that the topic of the thread, or is it how you believe the "Left" will react to this?

In a backwards liberal way you just praised trump without actually having to do it.
Can't speak for the other members but that was the exact reaction I expected...
More of a deflection really.
edit on 23-2-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: IAMTAT

Why must everything be left or right?
The right's ego or the need to 'win' cant discuss anything without partisanship banter... the thread is almost derailing , a positive story, tossed in finger pointing.

How about we cut the strings and stop dancing for the puppet masters and focus on the country.

Good on trump on a serious issue which hit close to home to many...

Did you read what you just posted?

Wow

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

The right's ego or the need to 'win' cant discuss anything without partisanship banter... the thread is almost derailing , a positive story, tossed in finger pointing.

How about we cut the strings and stop dancing for the puppet masters and focus on the country.

Did you read what you just posted?

Wow

Did you?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I wrote it...
And it was because the very first reply is what derailed this otherwise great initiative by trumps team.
In an effort to paint 'the left' as xxxxx

Otherwise we would be discussing the actual OP, not what party is better than what

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I think we can all agree that going after the issue of human trafficking would be a good thing, is it not? Isn't that the topic of the thread, or is it how you believe the "Left" will react to this?

Only one of you, so far, have somewhat addressed the actual topic and he couldn't even do that without a dig at Podesta and Hillary.

I took a jab on both of them because Trump hinted that they aren't innocent in all of this. I will be the first one to admit that i was wrong if nothing turns up. I want to clarify that i don't care who is involved and that includes left and right. Those scumbags hide in plain sight and it's time to tug them into the light. I worry that Trump is maybe going to far because he is taking immoral scumbags on who stop at nothing to keep there power but it has to be done.

Could we please address the fact that CNN did not discuss what the meeting was all about? They just switched to the deportation issue right away. This smells fishy again.
edit on 23-2-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

People will say all kinds of crap, it's the internet.

But responding about partisanship, then in the same sentence, dissing a party is lame.

I think all people who label themselves can get behind stopping human trafficking.

I wouldn't have opened with a party hit, well... outside the mudpit anyway

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Exactly. The immediate jump to use this as a vehicle to insult the left, shows the low moral character of the ATS right wing.

I have to agree with that, everybody needs to be alert on the subject, not one thing in the video gives even a clue, except repeditive thank you's for what???
It looks like a set piece politico for the gullible to me. It couldn't be designed to calm nerves over Milo by any chance, where even a colleague at Breibart has distanced himself from remarks Milo made on the video.
Feck, such hypocrisy from Trump. Yuck!

ATS at it lowest I'm sorry to say.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Good it should be brought up and taken care of, all partisan sides should agree.

The following article was from Palm Beach, guessing the release of the story had something to do with the POTUS's efforts toward discussing this or vice versa:

"Human trafficking victim speaks in hopes of warning others"

CBS21

Rosa Castillo’s parents wanted her to move to the United States to live the American dream. For $6,000, a stranger picked Castillo up at her Nicaragua home, but only to live a nightmare for 14 years.

Castillo eventually made it to the United States, where she worked on a Texas farm growing crops for five years. She was also involved in a darker business when the sun came down.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Trump vowed that the forgotten men and women in america will remain no longer forgotten. He is pretty determined to keep this promise. I'm impressed and he has the energy of an duracell rabbit on speed. He makes a pretty good example for all the future world leaders too.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I can't imagine how leftists will protest this.

They won't either, until CNN and MSNBC tell them what, why, and how outraged they need to be.

Do you mean like this,
or this,

Whatever.
edit on 23-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Extreme left, extreme right - you're both losing it quite equally. 🙄

That said, wasn't there something about him being friends with someone who died, who was about to (or had) expose Lolita island? And it was theorized that he would go after and expose the pedophiles?

So, yay Trump (just for this thing, maybe couple other things...)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

PizzaGate!!

Go get 'Em Donald!

I've been waiting for this for 10 years.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I think everyone would agree that human trafficking is a horrible thing (well, not the traffickers!). I think Trump's plans to go after human traffickers is a positive thing. If there were issues, they would be about how Trump's team went about doing it. Something like racial profiling or unwarranted surveillance. I don't see a problem at the moment.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Good move on the part of the President.

How refreshing to hear him sound sane again!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

The issue is quite serious, and does need to be addressed. It's an undercover form of slavery, really. It happens in a lot of places, too. Past time some action was taken! Nice to see him concerned over this issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join