It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants to expand U.S. nuclear arsenal, make it 'top of the pack': Reuters interview

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
After serving with the only military unit in the world that has used atomic weapons in combat, and being trained in triage in the case of chemical, nuclear, or biological warfare. The overall tone of this thread scares the living hell out of me.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
With the mentality of some on this thread, and many in the world, its no wonder people predict doom.

Nuclear weapons seem abstract to many but they can and likely will mean the end of the human race.

Its now literally theoretically possible to destroy all life on earth

It may be that the cat is out of the bag and there’s no way to stop WMD’s increase.

With mad people like ISIS and the head of N. Korea, and now the president of the US joining the mad man club I don't think people realize the enormity of this problem.

All efforts by the world’s leaders should be to create world peace and try to eliminate these weapons.

If tomorrow (God forbid) the nukes started flying, believe me, this caviler attitude would vanish and mass panic would ensue.

People need to wake up or soon were all going to sleep

edit on 23-2-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

If you ever want something to keep you up at night, start reading about near disasters with nuclear weapons. It's better than /r/nosleep.

Perhaps if I read enough of them, I'll change my opinion of rebuilding the whole system.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
With the mentality of some on this thread, and many in the world, its no wonder people predict doom.

Nuclear weapons seem abstract to many but they can and likely will mean the end of the human race.

Its now literally theoretically possible to destroy all life on earth

It may be that the cat is out of the bag and there’s no way to stop WMD’s increase.

With mad people like ISIS and the head of N. Korea, and now the president of the US joining the mad man club I don't think people realize the enormity of this problem.

All efforts by the world’s leaders should be to create world peace and try to eliminate these weapons.

If tomorrow (God forbid) the nukes started flying, believe me, this caviler attitude would vanish and mass panic would ensue.

People need to wake up or soon were all going to sleep

I have knowledge of too many things, nukes start flying, will stand in the front yard, put my head between my legs, and kiss my butt goodbye. Hope I am taken out in the first wave.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

=============================================
Not to bounce too far off topic, but Tom DeLonge in his new Ufology efforts, says the military people he works with told him UFOs were responsible for at least one of not more "false alarms" with nukes.

So maybe not the sun's alignment with a satellite or the moon. Both of those sound ridiculous.

Then again, UFOs may sound ridiculous too..

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

============================================
edit on 23-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
After serving with the only military unit in the world that has used atomic weapons in combat, and being trained in triage in the case of chemical, nuclear, or biological warfare. The overall tone of this thread scares the living hell out of me.

I imagine it would.
Please expand on this if you are able, because I think It is extremely important to have a very clear picture of what you are speaking about.

I understand if you don't want to or can't.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

The Defense Department’s Strategic Automated Command and Control System (DDSACCS), which is used to send and receive emergency action messages to US nuclear forces, runs on a 1970s IBM computing platform. It still uses 8in floppy disks to store data.

It appears to be the EAM system. It's not the delivery system like subs and air craft.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I take it you are alluding to

The Malmstrom AFB UFO/Missile Incident
edit on 2/23/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

I imagine it would.
Please expand on this if you are able, because I think It is extremely important to have a very clear picture of what you are speaking about.

I understand if you don't want to or can't.

I served with the 509th Bomb Wing from 1983 - 1986. My job was not combat critical, so was cross trained to do triage in case of nuclear, chemical or biological warfare, the films were not nice. After I left the military in 1990, I worked with a group that monitored chemical and biological weapons on Johnson Island in the Pacific. Since that time, my only prayer is, take me out in the first wave.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
For those of you so against the U.S. having the best nuclear arsenal/capabilities in the world, what exactly are you proposing? Should the U.S. disarm themselves, in the hope that Russia/China/India/NKorea/Iran etc. will follow suit? What if they don't? Should the U.S. just stand pat with their nuclear capabilities, and take the word of the Russians and Chinese that they are doing the same? What if they aren't?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

The Minute the U.S. Loses it's Nuclear Weapons Edge to the Rest of the World , is the Minute We All will be Turned into Hollandaise Sauce . President Trump Understands that Fact Very well here .

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
For those of you so against the U.S. having the best nuclear arsenal/capabilities in the world, what exactly are you proposing? Should the U.S. disarm themselves, in the hope that Russia/China/India/NKorea/Iran etc. will follow suit? What if they don't? Should the U.S. just stand pat with their nuclear capabilities, and take the word of the Russians and Chinese that they are doing the same? What if they aren't?

McCarthy is not the hero of the free world, sorry to have to be the one to tell you that. Regardless of what your Orange Messiah tells you, I still believe that we have the best, highest trained military on earth, and I have trained students from 37 other countries. Have you even served?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: alphabetaone

The Minute the U.S. Loses it's Nuclear Weapons Edge to the Rest of the World , is the Minute We All will be Turned into Hollandaise Sauce . President Trump Understands that Fact Very well here .

I have been out of the military for a lot of years, but I do not believe we have lost our edge. Trump wants to throw some bucks to his buddies.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

McCarthy is not the hero of the free world, sorry to have to be the one to tell you that. Regardless of what your Orange Messiah tells you, I still believe that we have the best, highest trained military on earth, and I have trained students from 37 other countries. Have you even served?

So insults and deflections are what you have to offer to sincere questions? Disappointing.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

So insults and deflections are what you have to offer to sincere questions? Disappointing.

You didn't answer my question? My thought is that you have developed on online persona that you embrace, and have no understanding of the historical signifigance of it. I offered no deflections and no insults, answer the question, have you served your country?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I offered no deflections and no insults, answer the question, have you served your country?

"McCarthy is not the hero of the free world, sorry to have to be the one to tell you that."
Who mentioned McCarthy in this thread? You're the first. Deflection.

"Regardless of what your Orange Messiah tells you"
Trump is my messiah? What on Earth? Sounds like an insult to me. Not to mention making fun of his skin color.

As for your question, no I never served, I blew out my knee twice in high school (basketball first, then baseball) and couldn't have joined (just after 9/11, the thought was certainly entertained). I still have trouble and pain walking. Thanks for bringing it up.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I offered no deflections and no insults, answer the question, have you served your country?

"McCarthy is not the hero of the free world, sorry to have to be the one to tell you that."

Trump is my messiah? What on Earth? Sounds like an insult to me. Not to mention making fun of his skin color.

As for your question, no I never served, I blew out my knee twice in high school (basketball first, then baseball) and couldn't have joined (just after 9/11, the thought was certainly entertained). I still have trouble and pain walking. Thanks for bringing it up.

Your f'n screen name for one thing, and you eat up everything your orange messiah tells ya to. I I live in pain everyday from a OTJ injury, so no quarter there. I have trouble moving my arms.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Your f'n screen name for one thing, and you eat up everything your orange messiah tells ya to. I I live in pain everyday from a OTJ injury, so no quarter there. I have trouble moving my arms.

More insults, classy. My screen name has nothing to do with with this topic, which by the way we should let those who actually want to discuss it get back to.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

More insults, classy. My screen name has nothing to do with with this topic, which by the way we should let those who actually want to discuss it get back to.

Do you even have any idea of who McCarthy was, and the damage he did?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Do you even have any idea of who McCarthy was, and the damage he did?

McCarthy? No, never heard of the guy. This has nothing to do with the thread, I'm done derailing this important topic.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join