It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Men Provide. . . Real Women Appreciate it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

(Un)Real women take my provisions, and I, as a real Man(Child) don't appreciate it!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I thought women were supposed to be androgynous and paramilitary in appearance unshaven with short cut hair and with permant pms/seething hatred for men....or that's what I saw at the million woman/wimp march

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I think we can all agree it was a man or men that put up the sign.

The little gals should have been at home taking care of the babies and making sandwiches. . . amiright?

That is sexist DB.
It could have been a woman.
A woman looking for a provider (of death) for spiders, to which she would really appreciate.

Now I am going to organize a protest against your sexist assumptions. How do I contact you wife?

LOL

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I wonder how these 3rd wave feminist lunatics would react if I put up a billboard saying:
"Women deserve the right to be miserable working stiffs too".
Would they cheer or would they protest?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I think we can all agree it was a man or men that put up the sign.

The little gals should have been at home taking care of the babies and making sandwiches. . . amiright?

yeah but those little gals deserve a break from all that cooking and cleaning, protesting a billboard gives them gals the chance to get out of the house for a bit and socialize with all the other gals who are protesting.
it will be a little vacation for them gals.
edit on 23-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

So says a billboard in North Carolina.

Nice save, hah!

Everyone has their own opinion on the subject. In my opinion, I find it funny. If you don't think the billboard is right, then don't marry a guy who wants to provide.

That's pretty much it. Any two people that get together to build lives in one another's spheres, have most likely established and expressed their positions on roles like this. I don't understand how a person would be surprised by this midway through a relationship.

Personally, I don't have any issues with a partner spoiling me but it's not going to change my own plans and aspirations (unless he's just freakin' loaded and in that case, I'll switch my vocation to volunteering).

But again, who gets in this kind of situation unknowingly?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I don't mind either way as long as we both have our own vehicle. If I can support my girl and she's not happy with her job and wants to quit indefinitely then more power to her. Of course, I wouldn't want to meet someone in that position though. Last girlfriend I had sold her car a few months after we met, then dropped her bank and quit her job. It was pure hell making her leave. Never, ever again.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I don't mind either way as long as we both have our own vehicle. If I can support my girl and she's not happy with her job and wants to quit indefinitely then more power to her. Of course, I wouldn't want to meet someone in that position though. Last girlfriend I had sold her car a few months after we met, then dropped her bank and quit her job. It was pure hell making her leave. Never, ever again.

Sounds like you should have just went on a nice camping trip.

Then packed up in the middle of the night and headed home.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I'm young, fit, handsome and good with my hands. Any sugar momma's out there looking for a soul mate? I just need basic amenities and bit of extra cash for shoes.

PM me if interested.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Some of us get off on that super dominant man thing... guess we dont count.
Some of us might need a dominant man to keep us from going savage.

I easily earned as much as the husband and have more awesome degrees than he does, but I raised kids and he completely indulges me and my every quirk and whim. We took a hit on income to raise kids and care for the middle one who had a liver transplant. It was worth it. MOney isnt everything. Our dynamic got AWESOME after I stopped working. What he wanted to do was this. I didnt know if Id like it, but yeah.. what it brought out in both of us is plainly awesome. I piddle at work now.. mainly to keep me out of trouble because if I get bored... bad things happen. I spend a lot of time on my body and mind. Its fun. He also likes to watch my own aggression in the sports I play. Its a weird dynamic I guess. He isnt just a dude whos dominant in his mind.. hes a combat vet, big guy, very driven and aggressive in every area of his life. He IS and DOES dominance. Among other men, he is top dog.. so its not a female only thing. I saw how other men deferred to him... thought it would be nifty to possess this beast. I chose him for that.. his more .. erm... anti alan alda qualities. Nicer, weaker men.. I chew up and spit out. Its like they beg for it from me. I feel truly provoked into it. I cant help myself.. I swear. This guy, if I take a bite out of his heart.. he laughs in my face and bites back.THe only place he isnt in dominant mode is the bedroom... its whomever can take it first LOL! Yessss, 21st century patriarchy is sweet for those of us who like it. I have a funny take on it I guess. I want a man who IS a man... what *I* think a man is anyway. Just happened that we met. It was intense from the moment we got into eachothers space the first day.. and has never slacked up in all of this time. Fire and Gasoline.

So dont poop all over the billboard. Not everyone thinks like you do. Or wants what you want or have.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
I wonder how these 3rd wave feminist lunatics would react if I put up a billboard saying:
"Women deserve the right to be miserable working stiffs too".
Would they cheer or would they protest?

They would most likely organize a protest against the White Mans Imperialistic Ideology to enslave women?

I dunno.......

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Wait... now I'm a woman because my wife is putting me through grad school while I raise our three children? I am so confused...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterMcKill

Wait... now I'm a woman because my wife is putting me through grad school while I raise our three children? I am so confused...

Yeah. Pretty much.

About the only thing that'll save you is if you go kill a bear. With your hands. Like, yesterday.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Oh manohmanohman. . . please don't tell my wife!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Is there anything I mean anything they won't protest about lately?

Personally don't see much wrong with the billboard, if you don't like it ignore it drive by don't look at it....why let it affect you for goodness sake? Jeez

The deeper into 2017 we get, the more I realize certain groups of people thrive on anger and as weird as it sounds, anger is their happiness.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I agree fully with the message, but not sure it was worth however much they paid to put it on a big board...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I'm telling ya, I came close. To make a long story short, the first time she said she was leaving, I came home from work and she stopped packing. Alright, lesson learned. The second time, I drove past my house to my parent's and helped my dad finish hanging the cedar on the new addition we'd been building. I went home after she drove by in her mom's car. Total deadbeat.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Is there anything I mean anything they won't protest about lately?

Personally don't see much wrong with the billboard, if you don't like it ignore it drive by don't look at it....why let it affect you for goodness sake? Jeez

The deeper into 2017 we get, the more I realize certain groups of people thrive on anger and as weird as it sounds, anger is their happiness.

I won't disagree with you on that but think about this: somebody was angry enough about our evolution away from stereotypical nuclear families that they pulled out their wallet and paid for a huge billboard.

So while we focus on the reactionary folks screaming at a giant inanimate billboard, don't overlook the reactionary folks who screamed at them with a giant inanimate billboard.

Didn't Jesus say to not criticize somebody for the snowflake in their eye when you have a snowball in your own? Something like that. I might be paraphrasing there.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Your attitude gets an A++. America needs more women like you. Reminds me of my fiance.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Trolling via billboard.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join