It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is just odd

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Greetings fellow earthlings

i just wanted to create this topic as it might be intriguing for people who have the same sensation i have so here it goes

I am having this weird feeling that something is just missing or off i can not describe if is natural essence or my psyche messing with me
just curious if people are having the same sensation.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Whynotman

Yup, something is odd/missing alright.

But then, today's world is one of madness and absurdity.

edit on 23-2-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Haha, it is just so strange i wish i could be more intend with the context but unfortunately there is no way for me describing it further more

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Whynotman

I feel like that when I go to bed, or when I wake. I feel like that when I get ready for work, when at work, when heading home from work. I feel like that when I watch the television news, when I go to the shops to get food.

Its called nature. Nature is missing from the lives of most people in the developed world. We no longer hunt our food in the main, the majority of people purchase it. We no longer build our own, unique shelters, but live in pre-constructed boxes, with no heart or soul to them, no natural element at all. We live in concrete nightmares, strung together along Tarmac arteries, with nature a distant concern, disconnected from it, denied it by the busy work we have to do to maintain grey, unnatural lives, in grey and unnatural circumstances. We no longer spend more time with the wind in our hair than we do trying to avoid having our hair mussed. We no longer enjoy the thrill of the chase, instead complaining at the queue in the supermarket.

Something is missing. Its called life.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Maybe your pant zipper is open or something.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Exactly we life our lives to work and stress about how we pay our finances, this feeling i am trying to describe though is more of something in the last few years it's like we cannot live along side each other without the hate and greed... i guess love is key thing in our dis emotional state we are living in it is just feeling that empty... even though i smile ever single day and feel good in health and according to my self i am mentally well( Wonder what the doctors will say XD) but what is life in the end if you do not have all the puzzle pieces to fit together to get picture together... I guess what i am trying to say is that we as man kind are connected on a obvious intelligent level, i like to pursue my self to be realist and act on observation to create a discussion or conversation but i get the feeling that some portion of humanity is completely dead inside and it's rather a harsh point to realize you live in a world where your second thoughts of making children in this world is rather concerning as i rather watch down and see people that are actually happy

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Too many fingers not enough thumbs?

In the past, when humans were extremely successful we explored, built mega-wonders, reinvented our culinary expertise. We still do that but it is missing something.

You're right we are missing life but there's more to it than that I'm sure, because when you consider it we are at an epitome of human existence. Technically nobody in recorded history has had it better yet whilst I write this the lyrics of Johnny Cash's Jesus was a carpenter song just echoed in my head.

"There are chapels to our discontent, cathedrals to our sorrows".

We have the tallest buildings, the deepest wells and never before has mankind had access to so much information... Yet I too feel something isn't right like the op, we lost the wonder somewhere in our success. We occupy our minds with rather negative things, I see little hope or faith.

We've became the cart tied to the horse.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
May I ask what age and gender you are?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I'm still here.

Obviously everything is odd..

oO

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Haha

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

22 and i am a male

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

A/S/L is so IRC old school..

45/male/earth

fancy a cold wine, anytime??

in australia cold is room temperature, unlike the UK, where it's cold.

edit on 23-2-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whynotman

22 and i am a male

Man I've been 22 twice....

Enjoy that first one, the second one makes your back hurt.. Oo
edit on 23-2-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

22 and i am a male

Pity, if you were female I would have dated you.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Haha why is that

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

A/S/L is so IRC old school..

45/male/earth

fancy a cold wine, anytime??

in australia cold is room temperature, unlike the UK, where it's cold.

My friend, I live on the high moor, you antipodeans don't know the meaning of the word "cold"

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Greetings fellow earthlings

i just wanted to create this topic as it might be intriguing for people who have the same sensation i have so here it goes

I am having this weird feeling that something is just missing or off i can not describe if is natural essence or my psyche messing with me
just curious if people are having the same sensation.

Well go and sit down with a mate and discuss what you are thinking and share your thought till you work out what it is

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Haha why is that

Young, cute, and troubled is my target demographic.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Ah so i do not have to worry XD

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I can't remember the first time I felt reality to be surreal, I suppose the late 90s/early2000s. Recent.

Up to then, the story of life made some kind of sense, even if I wasn't deriving much benefit from it.

Though if I'm honest, I distinctly recall feeling that something very odd was happening in life from the early 70s. I felt, for the first time, that things were starting to go fundamentally tits up round about then. But I quickly dismissed this private feeling because I had no one to discuss it with, nor could I properly articulate my feelings.

I'd be about 9.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join