It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By rain sleet or snow, robots will deliver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Now it's UPS turn to use flying drones. First Pizza hut, then Amazon, and now finally UPS. Soon, the human driver can be replaced as well. This one seen in the video below gives the impression of being one day being able to replace not only the mail man, but any type of delivery service person as well. What type of delivery service would you love to get by robot?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-2-2017 by phatkhat because: typo

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The crows will be intercepting our UPS packages now I suppose. They will snatch those packages and trash the copters in an instant. Especially the ones delivering pizzas and take out stuff. Heck, the Pizza delivery people should be armed. The crows are probably why they don't do home deliveries out by us. By the lake, it is the seagulls that attack the delivery people, the smell travels a long way. The seagulls are just as crafty as the crows. I know, I am being racist.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: phatkhat

I'd love to see one try to deliver and setup a pinball machine!

edit on 23-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Maybe storks will start stealing peoples baby diaper deliveries mid air.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The crows will be intercepting our UPS packages now I suppose. They will snatch those packages and trash the copters in an instant. Especially the ones delivering pizzas and take out stuff. Heck, the Pizza delivery people should be armed. The crows are probably why they don't do home deliveries out by us. By the lake, it is the seagulls that attack the delivery people, the smell travels a long way. The seagulls are just as crafty as the crows. I know, I am being racist.

Next will come armed drones, by the dozens.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Robots are good for the owners, I don't think it is good for the workers though. I understand people will say humans will adapt and find new jobs, but at some point the average person maxes out their intelligence, and they can't do the new jobs that technology requires. Perhaps I'm underestimating humans, I certainly hope I am, otherwise the future looks bleak for the average person, even though it will be extraordinary for the elite.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: phatkhat

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The UPS ones will fly out of the truck's top compartment. Wonder if they will have a warehouse docking station drone eventually as Amazon plans to. Can see thieves all over those. Guess they will have to have security.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
The UPS ones will fly out of the truck's top compartment. Wonder if they will have a warehouse docking station drone eventually as Amazon plans to. Can see thieves all over those. Guess they will have to have security.

I think drone delivery requires someone's presence to able to deliver. And those seen in the videos are for those living in the outskirts.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Get my air rifle. I need a new DVD player.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Get my air rifle. I need a new DVD player.

lol was about to say the same, my AT44-10 is always ready to go

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: phatkhat

originally posted by: rickymouse

Next will come armed drones, by the dozens.

You mean by the Flocks

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I think drone delivery requires someone's presence to able to deliver. And those seen in the videos are for those living in the outskirts.

Vid didn't work?
Probably should have someone present in the case that so much can go wrong despite people's intentional action as it is. Especially with the proposed Amazon drone warehouses. Can see it would have to be under certain circumstances as to if they can deliver. Tree cover of property surely doesn't help. An open space, delivering to a porch or door step is most opportune.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Vid didn't work?
Probably should have someone present in the case that so much can go wrong despite people's intentional action as it is. Especially with the proposed Amazon drone warehouses. Can see it would have to be under certain circumstances as to if they can deliver. Tree cover of property surely doesn't help. An open space, delivering to a porch or door step is most opportune.

Here's another, but a link instead

www.youtube.com...

I'll try the desktop next time

top topics

join