It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music boxes move unexplainably

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
About a year and a half ago I obtained a music box that I love. It needs something that presses down on a piece of it to make it play, and there was nothing that came with it, so, being a rock lover, I use a piece of petrified wood on it. I like to listen to it when I go to bed.

I recently obtained another one that I felt I needed to have, because it looked similar to the first one, and it's trigger mechanism is a peg thing on it's side that you pull out to start the music.

The day I brought it home, there was a couple times I saw it moved and I thought it was my cat moving it, I just moved it back and thought nothing of it.

The next day, it fell off my bedside table in the morning. I was in the other room, and my husband was awake but laying in bed still. He came in to me and told me my music box fell off and he placed it back where it was. When I went in to look, it was at the edge again. I moved it back. I was talking with him in the living room , glanced back in the bedroom and saw that both music boxes had moved to the edge again. I went in and moved them back, then they immediately started moving while I was there watching. I got the camera out.

edit on 22-2-2017 by Ellie Sagan because: clarification

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

Show us the underside of that cabinet so we can see if theres any magnetic manipulation going on there.

If not, play the damn things , the spooks want to hear the tunes.

Film that and see if they stop falling off the table.

Edit: I see that you do play them and they continue to move. Whats that buzzing noise in the background of the second vid when the music stops?

In here at 1:58...

edit on 22-2-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I will. Thank you for the input. I want to find the reason this is happening.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Possibly vibration of the mechanism after it plays... and as for tripping the mechanism. likely vibration as well. If you live in an apartment thats definitely it, but even in a house you still experience some.

I have an almost antique ( appx 70 yrs) doll with a music box in it ( one of the things I collect is dolls) and it comes on all the time by itself. I live in a century plus old historic home and the dolls are now on the second floor. Sure, its great to spook the kids with.. but its just vibration.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I don't hear the buzzing

link   
a reply to: Advantage

I have an almost antique ( appx 70 yrs) doll with a music box in it ( one of the things I collect is dolls) and it comes on all the time by itself. I live in a century plus old historic home and the dolls are now on the second floor. Sure, its great to spook the kids with.. but its just vibration.

How does that 'vibration' make it "come on by itself"?

I know why you moved them upstairs, too.... Kinda creepy in the wee hours of night, innit?

link   

I notice a crease at the top of that stand. Is the portion of the stand that the boxes are sitting on completely flat? Do you have a level to determine if it is flat?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan

I don't hear the buzzing

I have ear candy on full volume, maybe others can "chime in".

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The problem with that theory is that they move while playing or not playing. They move with weight on them or not. They move randomly and stop randomly. And at leat the newer one responds to me. One of the things I said that I did not catch on video was that I said I didn't want them to break, so I didn't want them to keep falling off, and the newer one turned itself so only one foot would go off the edge and it wouldn't fall. Can't prove it , I know.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Weird.
The stein or the rocks never move when they were on the table in the videos.
If there was some type of vibration, you would think everything would move.
I can hear a faint buzzing in the videos at certain points but not all the time.
What are the feet of the music boxes made of? metal? rubber?
Try turning the one without the mechanism upside down and see if it still moves.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

I notice a crease at the top of that stand. Is the portion of the stand that the boxes are sitting on completely flat? Do you have a level to determine if it is flat?

This was my first instinct. I'd like to see if they move on other surfaces such as a kitchen counter or dining table etc.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

It is not flat. it is a lap desk. I realize this may seem to explaim things, but what it does not account for is the stopping and starting randomly and it does not account for the responses to my words.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

They don't. I've tried. But I've also tried other objects to see if it was a gravity/momentum thing. However, none of this started until I brought home this recent addition. The other music box never moved like this, until the new one came here. I do not like to jump to a paranormal explanation but I don't have any idea what it could be.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Try it on different surfaces as Narcolepticbuddha mentioned. That can help determine it. Video it if you like, that can help.

edit: i saw your reply above. where did you get the newest music box from? also, any history behind the nightstand? Any metal in it? The rocks could have magnetism going on too.

Im certain there is a reasonable explanation.
edit on 22-2-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Ooh good idea to turn it upside down! I can't do it now , will do though. The feet are metal. The one I've had longer has some wear on the feet, the newer one, with the flat top, has really smooth feet.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

How does that 'vibration' make it "come on by itself"?

I know why you moved them upstairs, too.... Kinda creepy in the wee hours of night, innit?

Mines a wind up with a pin... the vibration over time wiggles the pin out and voila.. screaming pre-teens.

I also tied a few stuffed animals to fishing line and scared hte hell out of the kids. Its how I get my sick sick jollies.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

I would video it, but it doesn't do it except on that one surface. Maddening. It makes it seem less legitimate.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Do you have a smart phone? A lot of smart phones have built in magnetometers. You can download free apps on the app store that can let you measure magnetic fields with your phone. If you can id recommend trying that.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
does seem to be a slick surface, but yea that's odd..

edit on 22-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join