It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This $425 DIY Implant Will Make You a Cyborg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Okay, this is SOOOOOOOO cool! External sensors that can communicate with our bodies and brains are already being attached to people's bodies and used to give information.

From the article, this colorblind man can hear color

At first, he connected it to headphones and a laptop. Eventually, he persuaded a surgeon to drill into his skull, implant a chip, and fuse the antenna to his occipital bone

“What’s that thing sticking out of your head?” a woman asks the man with a serpentine antenna between his eyes.

Neil Harbisson turns, parts his bowl-cut blond locks, and curves the antenna toward the buttinsky. “It’s a way to hear color,” he says.

“What’s it connected to?” she asks.
Harbisson looks up at her with smiling, cobalt eyes. “My brain.”

***SNIP***
At an outdoor cafe at L.A.’s Original Farmers Market, passersby are constantly checking out Harbisson, 34, and his partner, Moon Ribas, 31. In her left arm, she has a Bluetooth implant designed to analyze the earth’s seismic movements. What’s it feel like? “Two heartbeats,” she says.

Here is image of a unit that vibrates when the wearer faces North

The sensor itself, a compass chip that detects magnetic fields, is easy to remove. The tough part is installing two pocket-size titanium barbells onto the wearer’s chest, like a piercing. When the skin heals, typically after a month or two, the silicone-coated North Sense slides onto the implant. Babitz says the sensor is designed to allow the free flow of air and avoid skin irritation, and it’s waterproof.

Wearable implants such as medical sensors can detect colds, Lyme disease, diabetes risk, and Michale Snyder, chairman of Stanford Genetics Dept says he uses a radiation monitor. This implementation of hardware used in/on the body is referred to as "biohacking".

The World Economic Forum says Cyborg Nest’s type of biohacking could be commonplace by 2020. “If you’re alive today, you’re probably going to end up having at least one electronic attachment,” Babitz says.

And we were all worried about 'chipping'

I'm really excited about this. Here is the link if anyone wants to read more about it

www.bloomberg.com...

edit on 22-2-2017 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

And we were all worried about 'chipping' :p

Chipping is the little chip in everyones credit cards. You don't buy or sell without one.

Not quite there just yet.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Call me old fashioned but, i don't think so. They can hack my PC and my IOT devices, what could they do with this going forward!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

very cool indeed

i had no time yet to fully read the article, but so far, i would go for wearable implants !

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Great OP! I'm thinking that THIS exact reason is why we see such hype about body modifications lately. It's been 'normalized' by culture. The thing is, if this is a bluetooth device it can probably monitor your entire body. This gives you access to peoples thoughts. They can tell when and where you are, but also things like if you're lying or if you instinctively are attracted to something. Think of them as little backdoors with lie detectors built in. It's the mark of the beast! It's crazy.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Attentionwandered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Attentionwandered

Crazy all the possible implications, both good and bad. I'm thinking eyes in the back of my head (which was mentioned in the article) and also a silent communication Bluetooth. I could communicate with my dog and instead of yelling at it to come in after chasing wild critters, I could just give the command quietly.

But seriously, something that could monitor pollen levels for people who suffer with allergies, things like that. I didn't see though how their system is powered. Do you simply un-snap it and place it on a charger at the end of the day I wonder?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Why go through all the trouble just so your chest vibrates when you face north? You can just look up and know what direction your facing.

new topics

top topics

join