It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science Channel - Secret Underground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
They're doing Denver right now! They just got done at the airport. Despite multiple attempts, they were not allowed to see the tunnels there at all. They did comment on the bizarre architecture and symbol laden art.

They are investigating underground downtown right now. You have about half an hour.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Missing the show. They couldn't see the 'underground' in Colorado because its probably reserved for the elite.

Even though Kansas is the Geographical center of the US, Colorado is a close second.

Thought to be the best place to hide from incoming ICBMs. Not that many would agree with that. Being the center though (furthest from shore), provides the longest lead time warning against sub launched cruise missiles and ICBMs. Also the best opportunity to shoot them down, before they arrive on target.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Missing the show. They couldn't see the 'underground' in Colorado because its probably reserved for the elite.

Even though Kansas is the Geographical center of the US, Colorado is a close second.

Thought to be the best place to hide from incoming ICBMs. Not that many would agree with that. Being the center though (furthest from shore), provides the longest lead time warning against sub launched cruise missiles and ICBMs. Also the best opportunity to shoot them down, before they arrive on target.

There are a lot of caves in Missouri as well. The area around Kansas City is rife with underground storage both public and private. And who knows what else?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Yep. We drive by quite a few of them when you take I-435 around the east side of town.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

There are a lot of caves in Missouri as well. The area around Kansas City is rife with underground storage both public and private. And who knows what else?

Made famous in the film, The Day After as the primary nuclear target, because thats where most of the US ICBMs were. Pounding the rubble...

I won't play the clip, gets enough play time.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Made famous in the film, The Day After as the primary nuclear target, because thats where most of the US ICBMs were. Pounding the rubble...

I wish I remember what the search term was but I was in a morbid mood and searching likely targets in the event of nuclear war and all of north central and central Missouri is or was charted to get pulverized.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hey, most of my family lives in southeast Nebraska. 100 miles from KC, 100 miles from Omaha, which was SAC at the time. My parents never let me watch the Day After because I was already paranoid about nuclear war as an eight year old!

I thought most of the ICBMs were scattered throughout the plains states. It wouldn't make sense to cluster them all together around the 435 loop.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Thanks I'm house sitting Looks like they have the sci channel.
Just started watching.

EDIT:Must have caught the tail end now some show about satellite Imagery came on.
edit on 21-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I wish I remember what the search term was but I was in a morbid mood and searching likely targets in the event of nuclear war and all of north central and central Missouri is or was charted to get pulverized.

Silly question, but as I only know a little of the areas around and near MO, would those locations be anywhere near Hannibal?

I know there are caves there, was going to be one of the things I visited with my ex fiancee when I got there. So, hearing that, even if just a doomsday scenario, is a bit of a concern.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Hannibal is on the east side near St. Louis. Kansas City is on the west side.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

a reply to: savemebarry

Hannibal is on the east side near St. Louis. Kansas City is on the west side.

Thank you.

Damn, so she won't get nuked after all

I kid, I still love the damn woman, but should insane minds ever strike, I would be so concerned... :/

They can hit Ohio any time they want, though..

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Not morbid at all. Another way to search for targets, fallout maps of every flavor tend to point back to the most heavily targeted areas.

And the least.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I grew up in Richmond Mo. I remember driving along hwy 13 south towards Warrensburg (Knob Noster and Whiteman AFB) during the 70's and early 80's and seeing the Minuteman II missile silos. Was kind of scary as a kid but I also thought it was strange because I had heard that their locations were supposed to be secret.

top topics

join