It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trangender Bathroom and Locker Room Useage at Public Schools - New Federal Guidelines.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Abysha
Why don't trangendered folks insist on a true definition of what transgendered means?

That is a great question. I think Freija covered that really well. Basically, it boils down to a lot of other folks trying to legitimize their own niches by latching on to a genuine physiological medical issue. But that's the problem; it's not people with gender dysphoria who are defining "transgender".

Most of us who don't care also don't care when we are talking about people who sincerely believe that are the wrong gender and have gone out of their way to look and act like the gender they think they are, but there are also plenty of transgendered activists who also insist on pulling the gender fluid under this umbrella too - the folks who never plan on sincerely trying to look and act like the gender they say they are or whose gender identity fluctuates back and forth.

And in the same way you ask for transgender folk to define "transgender", I often find myself wishing conservatives would further define their stance on the issue. While some echo your sentiments (which aren't entirely unreasonable to me), may make it a specific point to be cruel to even fully-transitioned transsexuals and everybody in between, like that attempt in Texas to make people use the restroom according to birth certificate... that is obviously not in line with your own perspective but I saw you defending it. So clarity with that from conservatives would be an effective step towards determining if a middle-ground could ever be found.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What has happened to people!? When did we have to make this an issue? I am sure I have been in a public restroom with a transgender person. They went, they washed, they left. I went, I washed, I left.

Why is it necessary for every cause to roar like a lion about every little issue and insist it be a federal issue. Ridiculous. It's like a bunch of little babies that need Big Momma and Daddy to do everything little thing for them and make every decision for them.

If you look like a man and you are dressed as a man, don't go into the women's restroom, even if you are feeling "pretty" today. If you look female and are dressed female, but you still have male packaging don't make a big deal. Just go, do, wash, leave. Simple.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Trump needs to and will step in and ban these amoral people!

They needs either being put in person for being a outrage to public decency and christian values or put in a hospital.

Either was they are destroying the moral fabric of our great nation!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmericanPatriot

They needs either being put in person for being a outrage to public decency and christian values or put in a hospital.

lol

I love all of our new parody accounts that keep popping up.

Unless you're serious. In that case, also lol.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Less than .5% of the population identify as transgender. There is biological and there is psychological. Biologically, there are those who have one part and should have another. Maybe it was reassigned at birth to the incorrect sex or they simply are a different sex in the wrong body. To me, it is genetic. It is not a choice. However, that is where psychological comes into play.

People that 'choose' to identify? This is the issue. The constitution does not give you the right to 'identify' as who you please but it does give you protection to the gender you are born as. I could care less is someone who is transitioning or has uses the same bathroom as myself or my family. What I do have issue with is someone who 'feels' they are a woman/man and can say they want to use a certain restroom. This is a choice. It is not a need or a want to be who you should be.

In the end, it is not a Supreme Court issue just like gay marriage should not be. It is simple. Use the bathroom that your license says you should use. When you truly transition you change petition to change your sex legally.

It is too open ended and will eventually result in something bad happening with a rape or violent attack. Then those who truly need to 'right' and simply do not identify will be left out in the cold with no voice. Maybe that was the progressive point to allow and then restrict as they do most things.
edit on 02pm28pmf0000002017-02-22T12:57:10-06:001210 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmericanPatriot

Oh so Christians are the only people allowed to reside in this great country? How quaint, I would laugh if you weren't so deeply offensive and blatantly ignorant. Other than that part I don't even understand what your trying to say. You preach outrage and intolerance yet I'm the one with a screwy moral compass.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well, it happened as expected and this sucks balls.

Link to above FAQ on what this means for trans students

Link to above mentioned School Action Center

I'm calling for the good and reasonable people of this country to think of the thousands of genuinely trans children living with this problem that may be affected by all this. It is truly sad that this administration has abandoned them leaving them subject to discrimination depending on their zip code.

I'd like to remind everyone also that 19 states and over 250 individual cities already protect the rights of trans people to use the public accommodations that best matches who they are as people but now I'm afraid for those that aren't so fortunate.

Gavin Grimm's March 28th date before the Supreme Court is our last hope to resolve this once and for all. If he loses that then watch out, this bitch is going to war for these kids.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Now that every meal that has ever been eaten has had its place on fb .....

It will soon become the new fb selfie, taken with the washroom logo in the

background.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Without knowing what is a transgender and what isn't, then we run the risk of every man who decides he feels like a lady barging where he's not wanted.

That's why I defend it. You yourself admit that every activist gloms on to the transgender issue to make their own space but I see little effort from transgenders to recognize how and why that might be a problem and might be causing them trouble when they make demands.

Without actually having a clear basis for the complaint in the first place, for example, as everyone agrees that transgenders were likely peeing among us all along, why is this a problem only now? Because ... acitivists decided it all had to be drug into the open and then the niche groups came along and glommed on and no one had the sense to see how this might complicate things and chase off people who might otherwise find a way to meet in the middle.

People who see transgenders who actually look like the sex they identify with are more likely to decide peeing is no threat ... but them the gender fluid guy who looks every inch a man comes upo and joins the party and people back away and don't want any part of it. You just demanded the right of a man to pee with little girls ...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Without actually having a clear basis for the complaint in the first place, for example, as everyone agrees that transgenders were likely peeing among us all along, why is this a problem only now?

What you are forgetting about are the trans youth who started transitioning while going to public school. These kids weren't peeing among us all along. The non-discrimination laws in the states and cities that had them helped to protect these kids - otherwise, there was no legal recourse for them.

You are also apparently not aware that sometimes a person with gender dysphoria will transition while employed at a business that may decide to tell this person that he or she can't start going to the restroom at work that best fits his/her identified gender. When faced with getting fired, what recourse do these people have? The non-discrimination laws provide some recourse.

So, yeah there have been trans people who are basically anonymous going to public restrooms with no problem, but that isn't the only situation out there.
edit on 22-2-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I believe it was called "protection" bc some religious school districts were demonizing the trans community and trying to push their agenda to only allow students and all people in general to use the bathroom of the gender they were born with. One city went so far as to try and have police officers outside of bathrooms to check birth certificates (who carries their birth certificate with them?).

Anyways, What this looks like to me, correct me if Im wrong, is that Trump is going to roll back the protection and do the exact same mandate that Obama did? Let them use the bathroom they identify with?

Im not too political savvy, but is he mandating the same exact thing but also calling it a roll back?

Oh, i reread it, he is taking away their protection and probably leaving it up to the schools or states, which is horrible...again, another horrible decision made by don...he sucks and his administration sucks even more.
edit on 22-2-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And that is what the single facility is for - those who are mid-transition.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Without actually having a clear basis for the complaint in the first place, for example, as everyone agrees that transgenders were likely peeing among us all along, why is this a problem only now?

What you are forgetting about are the trans youth who started transitioning while going to public school. These kids weren't peeing among us all along. The non-discrimination laws in the states and cities that had them helped to protect these kids - otherwise, there was no legal recourse for them.

You are also apparently not aware that sometimes a person with gender dysphoria will transition while employed at a business that may decide to tell this person that he or she can't start going to the restroom at work that best fits his/her identified gender. When faced with getting fired, what recourse do these people have? The non-discrimination laws provide some recourse.

So, yeah there have been trans people who are basically anonymous going to public restrooms with no problem, but that isn't the only situation out there.

What recourse is there for the people who suddenly find themselves in a restroom with someone of the opposite anatomical gender? The rights of the person who 'feels' like the opposite gender are protected but the person's who actually is the opposite gender are not. What if I don't want to be in a restroom with a woman, even if she 'feels' like she is a man? What recourse do I have? How is that fair to me? More importantly, how do you justify taking my rights away and giving them to someone else? How is that equal or fair? Simple answer: it isn't.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Is that kind of like the "blacks only" restrooms?

No thanks.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I don't like sharing a public restroom with ANYONE, even someone of my gender. What recourse do I have?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I really wish he would madate that every school and public company require a "bigot" bathroom for those too christianly and fearful to use so they do not have to come into contact with a trans...ever.

Then I will not have to come into contact with them...ever.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I don't like sharing a public restroom with ANYONE, even someone of my gender. What recourse do I have?

None. Its a "public" restroom. Completely different. Apples and orangutans.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

What really sucks about this is it is another in a long list of failures by the former administration. Using "federal guidelines" to push this issue was IN NO WAY A SOLUTION. This was another overreach of the federal government. Threatening schools to withhold federal funding unless you implement the policy the way the former administration "interpreted" the policy is a COMPLETE fail. When the former administration could not get legislation passed this was the route it was decided to take. This is why the former administration will have no legacy aside from overturned EO's and readjusted "federal guidelines".

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

this is not a failure by the previous administration. Obama was protecting a group of American's rights...he was successful. Anyone who tries to infringe on anyone's rights (no matter how small the minority is) is a failure...there are also other words to describe them as well but I will hold off on that.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
What recourse is there for the people who suddenly find themselves in a restroom with someone of the opposite anatomical gender?

Why is "recourse" needed unless you've been peeping and know someone is "of the opposite anatomical gender".

How is that fair to me?

You mean fair to your FEELINGS that you seem so willing to whine about in others and believe that yours are more important than theirs. Sheesh!

More importantly, how do you justify taking my rights away and giving them to someone else?

What rights? Is someone forcing you by law to pee in a bathroom you don't belong in?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join