It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Yiannopoulos Resigns From Breitbart News After Pedophilia Comments

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

And you're allowed to joke about whatever you want, but I'm not?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
A couple of points on this.

Firstly, I think Milo is quite disturbed as an individual, possibly due to his own experiences. He certainly does not have a view I can reconcile in terms of his points on younger boys benefiting from a sexual relationship with an older man. I found that remark to be disgusting (if in fact he meant children by 'younger boys' - this is not clear as he went on to say the age of consent is about right, so he could well have been talking about 'younger boys' in the context of legal age)

Secondly, I took the time to listen to the full interview and I think he is right when he accuses the media of selectively editing to paint the worst possible picture. I find the practice of cherry picking from someone's past in order to construct the worst possible narrative of that person to be far more disgusting than anything Milo said. It seems this smearing effort is a common practice in the media.

Also, to those comparing these comments to paedophelia - get a grip. There is not even a suggestion of any evidence that Milo has had sexual relations with under age boys.
edit on 23/2/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: smkymcnugget420
Yes it seems unfair... feels like Milo is being punished for being a victim, just a smidge?

LOL, yeah it's SO unfair what's happening to Milo, the troll who recently resigned from Breitbart for his pro-pedophilia comments. It just breaks my heart when trolls who organize internet attacks on others have their own name dragged through the mud. The GD humanity.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Also, to those comparing these comments to paedophelia - get a grip. There is not even a suggestion of any evidence that Milo has had sexual relations with under age boys.

You're right... he's merely expressing his opinions on the "oppressive idea of consent" and attempting to explain how a young boy can benefit from the guidance and love of an older man... case in point, he says he wouldn't be nearly so good at giving head without the guidance he received from Father Michael when he was just 13 years old.

Many people think that sounds like Milo's defense of pedophilia...
edit on 23-2-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: UKTruth

You're right... he's merely expressing his opinions on the "oppressive idea of consent" and attempting to explain how a young boy can benefit from the guidance and love of an older man... case in point, he says he wouldn't be nearly so good at giving head without the guidance he received from Father Michael when he was just 13 years old.

Many people think that sounds like Milo's defense of pedophilia...

Here's the thing, if he does not view himself as having being harmed or damaged by the experience, he could view that as evidence that consent might be possible for some at those ages and that even such relations with adults could be beneficial. You could see it as perhaps victim rationalization, but if you think you benefited from a sexual experience, if that is how you dealt with the experience, then you can see how you could say that in some cases it can be beneficial as you would view yourself as an example.

In another part within the video he also did clarify that human sexuality is complex and messy and it is not clear cut. He also makes a distinction between teenagers, who have high sexual drive, and prepubescent children.

And again I repeat, if a thirteen year old couple, the 13 year boyfriend and the 13 year girlfriend get intimate willingly, we obviously would need mental gymnastics to say that such a relation is nonconsensual and mutual harmful rape. These moments of intimacy between two teenagers are a common occurrence, and some very fond and positive memories for many. So the idea that a teenager can't consent, if we took it validly would mean mass rape takes place between teenagers and that it somehow it is a positive and benefited them. So either we say that rape can be a positive and beneficial experience, which is nonsense, or we admit that teenagers are capable of consent. Clearly a teenage couple that willingly gets intimate, clearly that is consensual sex.

That said I will say that it is inappropriate for there to be adult minor relations, given the difference in maturity and things like financial power, it has high potential to create relations of dependence and abuse, so it should be prohibited. Just like drunk driving laws, and seat belt laws. There's a remote possibility that you could get home heavily drunk without crashing and possibly harming someone, but the potential harm to others is large enough to justify prohibiting you from using your own vehicle in such a state.
edit on 23-2-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Same thing if you're liberal and say, you listen to Bill Maher religiously...

Funny you mention Ol Bill...
He apparently has something to say in regard to this...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

or we admit that teenagers are capable of consent. Clearly a teenage couple that willingly gets intimate, clearly that is consensual sex.

Consensual has several meanings. Legally a child can not enter into a binding contract if they are under the legal age of consent.

While nobody contests the necessity of statutory rape statutes in protecting children from sexual predators, many statutory rape laws exist in a legal gray area that can have unintended consequences. In at least 29 us states, age of consent laws essentially rule all sexual contact with minors illegal, regardless of the relative ages of the partners.

Charges can legally be brought against both parties for statutory rape, even if both teens are under age.

www.cga.ct.gov...

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

You know that most of the left hates Maher, too, right?

This is 'muh Lena Dunham' level whataboutism -- these people aren't liked on the left in the way that you people think they are.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

You know that most of the left hates Maher, too, right?

This is 'muh Lena Dunham' level whataboutism -- these people aren't liked on the left in the way that you people think they are.

Is there even a pundit on the left that is popular? It's easy to see Limbaugh, Hannity, OReilly, Milo...Bobbie what's her name....Prager...all over facebook and very popular. There are very few popular peeps on the left though? And most of what people would call "Independent" pundits are generally conservative.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Maher can get bashed, his credibility is as good as Infowars

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm not sure Maher is a fair comparison to Milo... While Maher can be offensive and say some controversial things, he acts like an adult, and the entirety of his being isn't based purely on trolling, rampant childish insults, and shock value sexual comments...

Milo pushes more the 'young, dumb, full of ###, arrogant b#tch face attitude'...

I think a more fitting comparison for Milo would be to this girl...

I think Milo would be excellent Dr Phil material...
edit on 23-2-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
My opinion is that there is definitely a mass social engineering program under whay here in Europe - it is undeniable any longer.

Milo stood up and said what a lot of people have observed, but wasn't silenced by the "racist" "bigot" "sexist" etc attacks that have served the left so well for so long to shut people up, so they can further push their agenda.

Since this was having no effect on him, and people were also starting to become immune to those effects, I think they've just taken something he said - which was largely about his own personal experiences - and they're moved onto calling him a different name, using a different tack, to associate him with something else that people find offensive.

Racism doesn't work, calling him a bigot doesn't work, calling him homophobic clearly doesn't work, calling him sexist or a mysoginist doesn't work - lets try and even hotter Pavlovian potatoe - lets call him a paedo.

And hey presto the dogs are salivating like crazy.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

or we admit that teenagers are capable of consent. Clearly a teenage couple that willingly gets intimate, clearly that is consensual sex.

Consensual has several meanings. Legally a child can not enter into a binding contract if they are under the legal age of consent.

While nobody contests the necessity of statutory rape statutes in protecting children from sexual predators, many statutory rape laws exist in a legal gray area that can have unintended consequences. In at least 29 us states, age of consent laws essentially rule all sexual contact with minors illegal, regardless of the relative ages of the partners.

Charges can legally be brought against both parties for statutory rape, even if both teens are under age.

www.cga.ct.gov...

True the law is one thing, and it can be ridiculous. Common sense dictates what is consensual and what is rape. But the law can call consensual sex rape and put people in jail. Labeling large portions of the population as criminals.

A teen can be charged with CP possession charges and put on the sex offender registry and sent to jail merely for having photos of their very own body.

When the leaders of a country would hunt and harm innocents, due to their irrational views... It is nothing more than more evidence that they are unfit to lead. But the unfit, like a disease, will not rule forever, I do believe a day will come when those fit to rule begin to rule.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

well i lost my virginity at 12 with a girl the same age , so by law me and my girlfriend raped each other and smiled about it afterwards holding hands

I drank a bottle of vodka at 12 and smoked cannabis at 12

the world sure is a weird place

although I was doing things deemed legally acceptable by adults and thought I was adult enough to do them
i was still committing a crime
children are sexually active at 12 even younger , but it doesnt mean its ok for an adult to have sexual relations with them
it doesnt mean its right for other teenagers to have sex with them because it can create instances of dependency and abuse.

I believe that its wrong to sexually charge children , the reason i was so sexually active at that age was because I discovered sex and the female body at young age because my friends dad was a bit careless and left his magazines everywhere
and I used to read them with my best friends sister in our gang hut and of course one thing leads to another.

however this is an issue we need to address as a species because sex isnt going away and we are biologically geared to have sex to perpetuate the species , sex is everywhere in nature , to go through your entire life without a sexual experience would be almost impossible

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
We've all had our experiences... however in this specific case we're talking about an adult man defending relationships between adult men and young boys. In this particular case Milo credits Father Michael for why he's so good at oral sex. This is a story of actual sexual abuse between adult and minor, to which Milo refers to himself as a victim only AFTER being forced to resign from Brietbart... yet, prior he was praising the benefits of such a relationship-- and how such a relationship can be good to young boys.

Perhaps some people are taken in by this pedophile grooming word play...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: spiritualzombie

And you're allowed to joke about whatever you want, but I'm not?

You're allowed to joke about whatever you like.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

well i lost my virginity at 12 with a girl the same age , so by law me and my girlfriend raped each other and smiled about it afterwards holding hands

I drank a bottle of vodka at 12 and smoked cannabis at 12

the world sure is a weird place

although I was doing things deemed legally acceptable by adults and thought I was adult enough to do them
i was still committing a crime
children are sexually active at 12 even younger , but it doesnt mean its ok for an adult to have sexual relations with them
it doesnt mean its right for other teenagers to have sex with them because it can create instances of dependency and abuse.

I believe that its wrong to sexually charge children , the reason i was so sexually active at that age was because I discovered sex and the female body at young age because my friends dad was a bit careless and left his magazines everywhere
and I used to read them with my best friends sister in our gang hut and of course one thing leads to another.

however this is an issue we need to address as a species because sex isnt going away and we are biologically geared to have sex to perpetuate the species , sex is everywhere in nature , to go through your entire life without a sexual experience would be almost impossible

Obviously adult children relations cannot be allowed. And even relations between teens should be looked with care as significant age differences can also cause problems.

But that said, my point is that as far as I can see, it is due to the abuse that can happen that such should be avoided and prohibited, not that teenagers somehow can't consent, because that labels naturally occurring consensual sex between two teenagers rape.

That said, regards teenagesrs and sex. During teenage years, the physical sex organs of males do automatically many things that spark curiousity, things like wet dreams and uncontrolled erections, especially in response to seeing attractive individuals of the gender they're attracted to.

As I said many talk about this, and girls, and about self stimulation during their free time, at least that's what I remember when I was a teen hearing from other teens.

Today with smarthphones, and computers, and internet access... The idea that the nature of sex will elude them, even though they've got all this technology and also older teens they can ask, is highly unlikely.

There's a reason why sexting between teen couples occurs.

Regards Milo, again as I said he's a victim of abuse if an adult had relations with him as a child. But if he commented on the sexual experience as positive, it could easily be victim rationalization, as part of it he would not view himself as a victim.

Here's the thing, someone that is raped, even if they defend rape and believe it is positive life building experience(Many people look upon some horrible events in their life as vital for their development and personal growth, and when asked say they wouldn't have it any other way), even if a person who is raped does not call themselves a victim, they are still a victim.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

If this is true that's messed up. However, seeing how that article attacks "conservatives in general" I would not believe this unless I see video of the entire conversation and see Milo say these things the NYT claims he says.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join