It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To heavy for Astral Projection?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Help needed for Astral Projection!

Meditation is something I’ve always dabbled in.

I enjoy the tranquillity and relaxation it brings to my body.

Although recently I’ve been researching Astral Projection, in order to further my understanding of the capabilities of the mind, body and soul.
Last night I came the closest I’ve ever been to being “out of my body”, il try my best to describe the experience!

After a good 10 minutes of relaxing and slow deep breathing I began to imagine I was walking down stairs in order to further relax the body.

From this I moved onto focusing light to my chakras, my entire body became warm doing this (which may have distracted me slightly)

Once I felt completely relaxed I used the “Rope” technique spoke about previously on ATS to “pull” myself into the astral plane.

I felt an intense feeling of pleasure and tingles across my body (best way I can describe it is an intense orgasm feeling)

I felt my body want to rise, but I feel like it was more my physical body lifting instead of my mind.

I felt heavy?

Almost as if I couldn’t break from my body, like I needed something to pull my out?

This is the closest I’ve came to what I believe to be Astral Projection. Even getting this close was an addicting feeling, even if it was only for a few
seconds!

Do you guys have any tips or advice that will help me out?

Amnicks,

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Just keep at it
You're on the right path ... it takes a bit to get.

You're not too heavy, nor too light and won't fly away. You're in full control, and can do anything you like. If you get scared when you finally get out, just think about being back in your body and you're good.

Keep it up!!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

You need a stronger imagination if you want to pretend your leaving your body.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
That heaviness is usually because the body is still not in a deep enough relaxation or the mind is not in the deeper brain wave states that accompany the tired/lighter body feelings.

What you should try is setting an alarm clock at say, 3am or so and trying upon stopping the alarm when your brain is already in the deeper brain wave states and your body is relaxed. Simply try not to move too much after turning off the alarm and go back to doing the exercises and you'll significantly improve your chances of having an Astral projection.

The Astral body is always an energetic body layer we can feel at all times, you simply need to remove your focus from anything that prevents you from feeling it which is why we need to use sleep (in other words, literally shutting down the senses of the physical body so there's less "noise" that would otherwise be a layer to be perceived over the top of the Astral body).

Once your in the Astral body you'll have different laws governing that "space" for lack of a better word, and this is where the entire discipline of meditation and mental control comes in as your no longer governed by physical laws like you would be in the 3rd dimension. Emotion, thought and the real conscious part of you is the new space to move around in, like forwards, back, left and right are here.

Astral Projection is part of a much wider discipline that can be understood in it's entirety by experiencing and verifying for yourself the ancient path of Gnosis:

gnosticteachings.org...

Good luck!

edit on 21-2-2017 by raiden12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
that slight distraction you spoke of was probably enough to lessen your focus and effect your attempt. as a couple of others have stated you're on the right track and need only keep at it to be successful. just work at relaxing even more so, keeping your focus and keeping your mind free from external thoughts expounding on the physical sensations you're experiencing at the time. harder said than done sometimes, but doable.

also, there are other techniques for that first step out of the physical body. the rope technique is one. but, i've also had success with another. which, is rolling out of yourself so to speak. you envision your astral body inside of your physical and try and just use the intention of "rolling over" to either side with just your astral body only. you could also try "sitting up" with just your astral body. both motions are pretty natural ones and can work without having to focus on an external object like the rope. though you could even combine the two i would imagine. i.e sitting up with the help of the rope.

good luck! if you keep at it you'll most certainly get it. and when you do it's really quite the experience. a whole new world for sure.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Just a small add to the others here... You never leave the body... the consciousness does.

And if you're meditating... you're 99% there. Just direct it... select destinations while in meditation. *

*40 years ago....my astral self encountered my meditating self. That was strange! Good luck, safe travels...

MS

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
i tried several times. i chicken out everytime.

you gotta wake up in your sleep first, which actually sucks, then try to escape.

my heart pounded so fast the first time, i sunk back in cause i was worried i would have a heart issue over it.

i can sit up, but never freed myself yet that i can remember.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for your comments!

Means alot to have your advice on this subject!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

The rope techniques felt un-natural so to speak,

As if i was forcing the concentration more on the external object than my consciousness leaving the body.

do you actually come away from the body? is it more of an imagination thing, as someone stated below?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Do you feel away from the body though?

As if your free to move but outside of your physical self? i know this must be hard to describe unless you experience it yourself.

Just curious to whether im expecting to much?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It's hard when even your spirit is too fat..

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yeah you are super close. Like Raidan12 said, you might just need to relax the mind deeper. The rope technique has never worked for me. It sounds like you made it into trance though. Whenever i feel stuck there are two things that i do.

One- try to go a little deeper into trance. I usually feel out the way my body feels, and start imagining it wobbling back and forth loosening up from my body. You can also imagine a falling/spinning sensations which seem to help me forget about my physical body.

Two- imagine breathing in energy and charging up your chakras like you said. Take your time, usually when i do this it will make the astral environment (your consciousness) thinker and more real feeling. You can do this once your out of body as well, like if your environment starts fading and you want to stay out of body longer. Focus, imagination, and intent are the keys here.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

it is hard to explain. but, it's not just imagination. you do actually come away from your body because when you're out you can see your physical body where it lies. your consciousness is what comes away from your body, your focus, your point of view.

your physical body might move a little if you're trying the roll over or sit up method, but not much. i'm not sure what it looks like from an outside point of view, but it probably just appears as though your body is subtly jerking or twitching to one direction or another. like a dog that's running in a dream. you'll see their feet kick small amounts, but from their point of view they're probably running full speed.

it takes practice, lots of practice. getting used to the sensations. getting to know the separation and difference between moving with your physical body and astral body. getting to know where to zero your focus and where to remove your focus. its like your attention has to be completely off of your physical self. you can't be distracted with physical feelings, physical thoughts, physical distractions.

try and envision your astral/energetic body within your physical body. almost like a russian nesting doll. like there's an exact copy of yourself (your astral self) within your physical self. visualize that distinction and focus on just controlling/moving the astral self. almost like you're a mummy trying to roll out of a perfectly shaped sarcophagus that is shaped the same way your body is when lying down and meditating.

id be interested in hearing how you progress. astral projection/travel is a really interesting subject to me. it's literally like being a pilgrim in a brave new world.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Important Item:

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

...If you’ve ever had a near death experience (NDE) or tried astral projection, you may have seen the silver cord.
The silver cord is often referred to as the “life thread” because it supplies energy to the physical body.
If the silver cord is severed, the physical body can no longer be sustained and dies.

no mention of any silver-cord awareness in your OP

so...it is possible your projection attempts are hitting a 'failsafe' by your higher Astral Self, not letting you escape into the astral realms or travel

personally, I read about doing AP back in the 1959-1961 era... and the info which was around was scarce indeed, you had to have friends like 'beatnicks' who knew somebody who knew about such things....

so I learned the levitation from a flat-on-the-back position and careful attention to implant the emergency wake-up or snap-back reflex if there was Any intrusion into the room I was meditating in...which make a big deal on seeing/visualizing/sensitivity to my 'Silver Cord' in the first moments before actual astral travel

if I were in your shoes I would get more informed...and do a type of pre-flight check of all systems

another way was to go into a state of 'sleep paralysis' by imagining your toes asleep-calf's asleep-thighs asleep-lower body asleep-hands asleep-arms asleep and so on until your head/neck/eyes are all paralyzed in place....

I used this method after several APs from lying on my back & separating-&-floating from the physical body...

imagining the body going asleep a part at a time into a rigid statue became a routine in which I was projecting through the cosmos in minutes
(it seems).. I found I no longer had to do a "pre-flight instruments check" routine anymore... because I guess the silver cord visualization was itself ingrained into the memory of my being...

any how, have great discoveries where ever you go

edit on st28148770099321162017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I think you should first understand the difference between etheric projection and astral projection. Your astral body has zero weight. Every time you dream you astraly project.

Confused thinking leads to confused results. Clear thinking leads to clear results and an understanding of how failure occurs.

You also need too set your self a daily meditation practice.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I just let go. Completely let go.

Nothing exists but an energy consciousness.

I'm not sure how you can let go of physical if you are envisioning physical.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

You need a stronger imagination if you want to pretend your leaving your body.

Perception and perspective, dear friend.

You cannot say that people do not experience that, as you just have just your own experience to know that you cannot, nor would not try something like that or anything outside of the basic day to day. It's sort of like you here (please don't take any offence, it's not meant in a nasty way), you think you added to the ongoing conversation, and that's your perception - but to people here, it honestly don't seem like you did or can.

And what's the real difference in either situation?!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks

*repost follows below
edit on 21-2-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks

Do you feel away from the body though?
A-Yes, absolutely.

As if your free to move but outside of your physical self? i know this must be hard to describe unless you experience it yourself.
A.-Yes. And one can pick where to go, what or whom to see...move forwards and backwards or around in time and space...but never really "lose" that ever-present min-ute feeling of your real body.

Just curious to whether im expecting to much?

A. Yes...you are. While meditating...tell your traveling self to go somewhere. Beach, a school, a friend, castle. When your session ends, keep a journal of your experiences. Ive shared travels and met up with others-friends while traveling....and later we compared notes about meeting together on the astral plane(s). Amazing....

Safe Travels.......MS

PS PRACTICE...You are pretty much there it appears...just looking to hard...just let go!
edit on 21-2-2017 by mysterioustranger because: advice

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Some possible activities 1 has learned that help.
Keep in mind that when sleeping is occurring the travel processes are more active.

-Try to find a location where you can limit the light except for your own emissions. Like concentrating your energies within a blanket of nothingness.

-Once location found darken the room. You can sit in a fully lit room or location but your light is then encountering direct interference from the artificial brightness. So a darker location simulating the universe and you a Star sailing through it makes for a reasonable beginning medium as opposed to sitting alone in the base or top of some large darkened temple/pyramid like structure...

-Try to access this location when there will be the least amount of background noise, for just as a well lit room potentially interferes with your light emission frequencies a noisy location too can interfere, unless you use OM chanting like audio tones to increase your relaxation.

-RELAXATION is important. It is not a logical approach to 1 to prepare for Astral travel and have a mind cluttered with overwhelming thoughts for these thoughts can block potential "signals" you or others out there may be giving off. In turn potentially causing incorrect frequency emissions, Soul-Spirit-Internal energy emissions which can then cause unwanted contact-responses and signals.
So it to 1 is important to clear your minds. Sort of like putting reality on hold temporary like sleeping? yet awake. So everything that may be causing you stressful thinking block it out temporarily even if it seems impossible to do at least for travel proposes.
If you are a family person maybe wait till the children and spouse are all sleeping, feel the silence in your homes and find your location. Your location should be if possible warm, comfortable, quiet.
You can lite incense or sages or spray air fresheners to add comforting aroma therapy. Some may like a warm tea to increase body relaxation, it seems the warm energy can assist the relaxation process as opposed to cold drinks etc.

-Now after you have crafted your locations find your Astral positions or the position you will feel most comfortable holding as you travel. Some may prefer to lay down on their backs facing the cosmos. Others may prefer to sit in traditional Buddhist stances, legs crossed backs firmly planted.
Some may even prefer standing up hands in prayer positions at chest area or above heads near Khundalani. All positions may require long term maintaining so pick what is best for you and most comfortable.

-Now close your eyes, location darkened and begin to focus on your breathing. Breath normal but as you gain more focus start to calm down your breathing slower and slower. Deep breaths but slowing.
Eyes closed your inside your comfortable darken or dimmed location, relaxing aroma therapy enhancing the senses more and a completed cup of warm tea to help warm your internals.

-Sit in silence breathing calm and now begin to focus your mind on the locations you wish to astral to. Me for local examples I like to think of space and places in space as I am in deep thinking and I then basically release myself from here and glide there. Sort of like roping in to the astral world from here but basically unlocking the clamps grounding 1 here somewhat beginning O.O.B.E. Conscious clamps more so of not considering things I was not once aware of. As clamps release goes to Mars
to take a look or personally scanning SOL System for companion Star like objects
With shared visual digital data from various EA*RTH space agencies in mind 1 can increase the imagination, which in turn increases the astral field it seems and then I explore.
Looking for caves and stuff under the less compacted sediments of Planets and Moons, but that is what interest me. Others may prefer to explore elsewhere such as other dimensions which also interest 1. It does seem like a more dangerous and complex astral travel process for without some direct visual data to mend with the imagination or past life memories the imagination can potentially overwhelm the untrained minds. Leaving a astral travel experience to just become a experience of ones own mind.
But if you can gain progress you may make breakthroughs unexpected as your signals and Soul-Spirit-Internal energy emissions make contact with others with vibrations equal to or similar to your soul-spirit-internal energies frequencies. Hence recommendation to resonate benevolent energy before entering there considering the Laws of Attract. This is why the more you get active it may take more time as you travel more, but it wont seem like it like dreams...
Good luck and be careful.

NAMASTE*******

top topics

<<   2 >>

join