It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Chooses H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Next up: H.R. McMaster

Unlike Mr. Flynn, who served as a campaign adviser last year, General McMaster has no links to Mr. Trump and is not thought of as being as ideological as the man he will replace. A battle-tested veteran of both the Persian Gulf war and the second Iraq war, General McMaster is considered one of the military’s most independent-minded officers, sometimes at a cost to his own career.

www.nytimes.com...

H.R. McMaster Wiki

Herbert Raymond "H. R." McMaster (born July 24, 1962) is a Lieutenant General in the United States Army, author, and the 26th and current United States National Security Advisor. His current assignment is Director, Army Capabilities Integration Center and Deputy Commanding General, Futures, U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command. His previous assignment was commander of the Maneuver Center of Excellence at Ft. Benning, Georgia. McMaster previously served as Director of Combined Joint Interagency Task Force-Shafafiyat (CJIATF-Shafafiyat) (Transparency) at ISAF (International Security Assistance Force) Headquarters in Kabul, Afghanistan. He is known for his roles in the Gulf War, Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.

Not much on him. Looking forward to digging a little.

edit on 20-2-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Should be a good choice in times of political turmoil, not a bad thing to have as many generals on board as possible. I am feeling a WIN>>>> here

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: allprowolfy

I'm not completely sure.

The selection encouraged Republicans who admire General McMaster and waged a behind-the-scenes campaign to persuade Mr. Trump to select him. Key to the choice was Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas, an Army veteran who once served under General McMaster and suggested him to the White House. A coterie of other national security conservatives, including a top aide to Senator John McCain of Arizona, also lobbied for him, and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, who has worked with General McMaster, encouraged him to take the job.

Rather interesting.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The MSM question is:

Has he ever talked to any Russians on the phone?

I think he's a good choice even if he has.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Little skidish here; now that i seen the ole MCdoodle (McCain)recommendation... Hmm
edit on 20-2-2017 by allprowolfy because: typo

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join